Napoleon, Duggan appear headed for November showdown for Detroit mayor amid flood of write-ins

Aug 7, 2013 Full story: Daily Press & Argus

In an uphill battle fought partly in court and partly in the neighborhoods of Detroit, former Detroit Medical Center CEO Mike Duggan appears to be headed for a showdown in November with Wayne County Sheriff Benny Napoleon as both seasoned political figures vie to become the next mayor of Detroit.

Full Story
Pete

Livonia, MI

#1 Aug 7, 2013
I was shocked that a write-in candidate could win in a city with such high illiteracy. I give Detroit voters credit for responsibly exercising their vote. The fake "Dugeon" and a few other prank names received almost no votes.

Mike Duggan would stroll to victory in the general election if the percentage holds up and he also adds some of the non-Benny voters.

Meanwhile, frequent candidate Tom Barrow has embarrassed himself again. Voters just did not believe him. He fought dirty and was exposed for the fraud that he is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Medical Center Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Duggan, Napoleon campaigns exchange jabs after ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 kev 7
Leadership changes at DMC hospitals and Beaumon... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Skeeter 1
Detroit poll (Mar '13) Mar '13 Pete 2
Duggan expected to announce candidacy today (Feb '13) Feb '13 Pete 2
300 Flu Cases Diagnosed In MI, Docs Talk Remedi... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Pete 2
Greater Downtown Detroit districts and neighbor... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Mr Positive 4
Your Detroit mayoral election primer as buzz fo... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Pete 2
More from around the web