Dominion 3Q Profit Falls on Quake, Hu...

Dominion 3Q Profit Falls on Quake, Hurricane Costs - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports ...

There are 7 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Oct 28, 2011, titled Dominion 3Q Profit Falls on Quake, Hurricane Costs - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports .... In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Energy provider Dominion Resources says costs including those related to the August earthquake that shut down one of its nuclear plants and hurricane outages dragged down its third-quarter profit.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

buyerbeware

Crozet, VA

#1 Oct 28, 2011
"Revenue fell about 4 percent to $3.8 billion as higher rates helped offset declines in electricity usage. " See, energy conservation will only drive the rates higher.
consumer ripped-off

United States

#2 Oct 28, 2011
Oh boo hoo!! blame it on me. I use too much. I must cut back. I must use less. I must conserve. Why don't they just ration it out to me???
GoUVa

Bristow, VA

#3 Oct 28, 2011
Dominion is a great neighbor but I hope the NRC takes it's time on deciding whether to allow them to put unit's 1 & 2 back on line at the North Anna Nuclear Power Plant. Aftershocks continue and I can't help but wonder what kind of a toll it is taking on concrete that's 40 years old. In the long run they will raise rates to cover the lost revenue from the shutdown and we will have to pay more. Isn't that better than killing a bunch of people because the go ahead to start up was given too early? I think so!
LMAO

Spotsylvania, VA

#4 Oct 28, 2011
The 3rd quarter profit loss will not mean the top man will take a smaller bonus check. He will take his share and the working grunts will get nothing, not even a handshake. Lets not forget his other cronies waiting for their handout. Corporations are people right ??
Bologna Streets

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Oct 28, 2011
i guess the winter rates have not gone into effect. Love the fee's, charges and surcharges and dont forget the taxes.

charge to distribute and to supply it ???
and to transmission it
charge me the fuel (nuclear is included in the cost)
charge me a sales and consumption
then albemarle has charge me 4 bucks to get power

is this not a great country to get ripped off
or what

What ever happened to just charging me the
9 cents per kilowatt

surprised they haven't tacked on a visa debit fee

Distribution Service 20.32
Electricity Supply Svc(ESS)Generation 24.56
Transmission 5.69
Fuel 19.31
Sales and Use Surcharge 0.33
State/Local Consumption Tax 0.91
ALBEMARLE Utility Tax 4.00

I am the 53%
lots of stuff

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Oct 28, 2011
And cut off all the coal thats being burned in place of the nukes? Not a prayer. The coal companies are laughing all the way to the bank.
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Oct 28, 2011
Who would have guessed Dominion doesn't have earthquake insurance because they have built-in coverage....ratepayers they can stick the bill to cover their substandard construction which couldn't withstand quakes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dime Community Bancshares Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News One Dead, Believed Suspect On The Run (Jun '14) Jun '14 Jason and bobby s... 3
News The Other Keystone XL: On the Growing Fight ove... (Mar '14) Mar '14 SpaceBlues 1
News Energy Department approves expanded LNG exports (May '13) May '13 Mr_Bill 3
News Dominion Sees Opportunity in Natural Gas Export... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Disillusioned 4
News Dominion Offering $1.3M in Education Grants - N... (Feb '12) Mar '12 David Cheever 8
News Dominion Profits Fall Due to Quake (Oct '11) Oct '11 gov 1
News Dominion Resources CEO Farrell made $10.4M in 2009 (Apr '10) Apr '10 Not Happy 1
More from around the web