American Airlines Considers Change in Oldest Jet Livery

May 12, 2012 Full story: Bloomberg 7

American Airlines Inc. jets sit on the tarmac at Dallas Fort Worth International Airport in Fort Worth, Texas.

Full Story
Yeah to USAir Colors

United States

#1 May 12, 2012
But maybe also Delta colors !
steve

Redwood, VA

#2 May 12, 2012
Usairways has the worst color scheme. The polished metal finish on AA really stands out. The usairways dark blue top does not reflect the heat and some of the planes are unbearable in the summer at the gates.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#3 May 12, 2012
Paint the things in Braniff '70's rainbow colors as far as I care as long as I have a job.

Since: Apr 08

Tulsa, OK

#4 May 13, 2012
Does anyone out there recall a couple of business reasons for the current paint scheme?

1. The aircraft weighs less. Saves fuel.

2. The aircraft exterior is easier to clean and requires less maintenance.

And the most important! What's more impressive than seeing a bright silver fuselage glimmering in the sunshine? Nothing can compare, it is very impressive and professional looking.

Since: Apr 08

Tulsa, OK

#6 May 13, 2012
Yeah to USAir Colors wrote:
<quoted text>
Tula, you didn't really drink all that Kool aid, did you.
Yeah to USAir Colors,

If you think I'm drinking the AA Kool aid, then open up the followimg URL and let me know if USAir has figured out its livery color scheme yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_liver...

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#7 May 13, 2012
OK Fine, back to the 70's AA Eagle, that was cool. I doubt you can make composite shine like metal. That and sorry tulaaretired, the planes that a new, or fresh out the hanger do look nice, but that fades fairly fast.... I do lke how the article mentions paint jobs and BK. however that seams to be an indusrty norm. As far as the USAir colors, they are fugly.. The back of the HP planes looked like a big truck rna them over and left tread marks.. Then you add the USAir flag... give me the '70's Eagle back if you need to change.
Kool Aid Drinker too

United States

#8 May 13, 2012
tulaaretired wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah to USAir Colors,
If you think I'm drinking the AA Kool aid, then open up the followimg URL and let me know if USAir has figured out its livery color scheme yet.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Airways_liver...
Bare metal on US Air was cool, however TWA found otherwise......and Eastern realized it did not work with the Airbus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DallasFort Worth International Airport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dallas Airport Fight Caught On Video As Crowd T... Oct '14 Walter 13
Plane makes emergency landing after passengers ... Oct '14 Sgt Prepper 2
Sep '14 emn 1
American Airlines' Asian Adventure Starts Now (Jun '14) Jun '14 Prost 2
American flight returns to Dallas with engine fire (May '14) May '14 Le Jimbo 1
Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of U.S. (Dec '13) Dec '13 WilliamFlorence321 19
21 TSA workers arrested for selling, using stol... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Angry White Unite... 1
More from around the web