American Airlines comes up with semi-first class

Mar 1, 2012 Full story: Business Journal

The seats will have four to six inches of extra leg room and priority boarding privileges, said Virasb Vahidi , American's chief commercial officer.

Full Story
Jim

Folsom, CA

#1 Mar 1, 2012
Big deal!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#2 Mar 1, 2012
Agreed. This will cause capacity problems on routes with high load factors.
American's crack management team strikes again.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#3 Mar 3, 2012
Will the price of the seating cover the revenue lost from the seats they remove? Will these seats simply be given to those who paid more in the first place? This is AA's 3rd attempt at this. History repeats itself and AA fails to learn. This is the same management team that is spending millions on consultants to tell them how they should run the business. Odds are they will ignore what they are being told like they have in the past. It saddens me to see how many people will lose thier jobs in this BK, and the same people who have run the airline into the ground will continue to do so.
RWG

Dillsboro, IN

#4 Mar 3, 2012
Yeah. That ought to help a lot reducing that $200 milion loss American had in January. Sounds to me like they hired clones of the idiots who used to run the company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

DallasFort Worth International Airport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dallas Airport Fight Caught On Video As Crowd T... Oct '14 Walter 13
Plane makes emergency landing after passengers ... Oct '14 Sgt Prepper 2
Sep '14 emn 1
American Airlines' Asian Adventure Starts Now (Jun '14) Jun '14 Prost 2
American flight returns to Dallas with engine fire (May '14) May '14 Le Jimbo 1
Snow, sleet, ice hit large swath of U.S. (Dec '13) Dec '13 WilliamFlorence321 19
21 TSA workers arrested for selling, using stol... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Angry White Unite... 1
More from around the web