Thousands protest Bulgaria 'fracking' plans

Jan 15, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Raw Story

Several thousand Bulgarians demonstrated across the country on Saturday against plans forA shale gas explorationA by US companyChevronA that they say could harm the environment.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2012

BIG LIES told in the USA
Have now gone globally viral
By Dwight Baker
Dbaker22@stx.rr.com
January 15, 2012

ARTICLE
Thousands protest Bulgaria 'fracking' plans
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/thousands-protest-bu...

EXCERPT

They urged people to push the government to impose a ban on hydraulic fracturing or "fracking", the most commonly used method for shale gas exploration that opponents say might contaminate drinking water.
The protestors marched on the government buildings carrying banners saying "No to shale gas, Yes to nature", and "Chevron go home" to protest the US company's plans to extract shale gas in the European Union's poorest member.
Bulgaria's government granted Chevron last June a five-year testing permit to explore a potentially huge field near Novi Pazar in northeastern Bulgaria.
The country's reserves are estimated at between 300 billion and one trillion cubic metres of shale gas, Energy Minister Traicho Traikov had said, citing data by companies.

MY TAKE

BIG OIL and GAS knows the scoop yet at this time they prefer to hide behind lies. I think they do that all the time. LIE THAT IS!

WHY LIE? Some have bet big on getting drilling rights but on that note there were restraints made in the deal that if fracturing was challenged and lost with in the Federal Government then all bets were off and that $45 billion dollar deal would fall through the cracks.

Sounds a little bit like the tricks from Wall Street?

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Another protest last Saturday, but smaller. The excitement and fervor of the movement is fading.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••