CVS Releases Statement Regarding Drug...

CVS Releases Statement Regarding Drug Mistake

There are 1 comment on the KVOR-AM Colorado Springs story from Mar 4, 2012, titled CVS Releases Statement Regarding Drug Mistake. In it, KVOR-AM Colorado Springs reports that:

Parents in Chatham, N.J., are expressing outrage and concern after a CVS pharmacy mistakenly gave them a drug used to fight cancer instead of fluoride pills for their children's teeth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KVOR-AM Colorado Springs.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1 Mar 4, 2012
This is why I never have prescriptions filled at CVS. A few years ago CVS filled one of my prescriptions and when I got home- Thank God I am a nurse and knew to look and question- it was another medication entirely, not related in any way to what I was supposed to be getting. I took it in and told the pharmacist, he took it from me, wordlessly filled it w/ the correct pills, and gave it back...not an apology or a "kiss my ass". That enraged me even more. What if I had been a little old lady who didn't know any better? Turns out the med is contraindicated in kidney disease, which I happen to have. It might have killed an elderly person.
CCVS really needs to tighten up and get their act together. Before someone is killed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CVS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walgreens expects to incentivize CVS customers ... Wed MartinW 2
Phil Bredesen NOT for US Senate Mar 12 No Problem 2
cvs not healthy (Aug '15) Mar 11 Retiree 6
Esteem Database Feb 19 Yo yo 2
News Walgreen Discusses Margin Pressure From Medicar... (Sep '06) Dec '17 Wagtroll 2
managers (Jun '13) Dec '17 unhappy 6
Cvs manager bonus Dec '17 RtL_MgR 3