CVS fined $75 million for aiding meth...

CVS fined $75 million for aiding meth producers

There are 20 comments on the San Gabriel Valley Tribune story from Oct 14, 2010, titled CVS fined $75 million for aiding meth producers. In it, San Gabriel Valley Tribune reports that:

CVS Pharmacy Inc. has agreed to pay $75 million in fines for allowing repeated purchases of a key ingredient in the making of methamphetamine in at least five states that also led to a spike in Southern California drug trafficking, authorities said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Gabriel Valley Tribune.

That Dude

West Covina, CA

#1 Oct 14, 2010
How stupid is this? All that time, energy and money could go towards catching the meth cooks.
Your time is coming

El Segundo, CA

#2 Oct 14, 2010
No wonder I get ID'd when I buy cough syrup.
Brando

Covina, CA

#3 Oct 14, 2010
This happens in many big pharm companies all across the US. Don't be surprised to hear more of this type of stuff.
ALxx

Pico Rivera, CA

#4 Oct 14, 2010
wow 75mil :o
Well Duh

Riverside, CA

#5 Oct 14, 2010
Look at the company's fraudualent ads, catering to Republican idiots who think that vitamins and dick pills some how work.
lady bug

Whittier, CA

#6 Oct 14, 2010
And most of the stores sell liquor as well. Too bad it is legal to sell alcohol to alcoholics, homeless folks, and those already very intoxicated.
lady bug

Whittier, CA

#7 Oct 14, 2010
Well Duh wrote:
Look at the company's fraudualent ads, catering to Republican idiots who think that vitamins and **** pills some how work.
Lots of people buy vitamins. Why would you think the ads are "republican"??haha Do you just think everyone over 50 is a republican?

Jumping Jim

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#9 Oct 14, 2010
Its about time these lax corporations paid up for their misdeeds. Some corporate heads (responsible for the fiasco) should end up on the chopping block.
swordsmen

Los Angeles, CA

#10 Oct 14, 2010
all pharmacys sell this....hello.......just ban it completely to solve this....
ceo

West Covina, CA

#11 Oct 14, 2010
thats nothing 75 mil....
ceo

West Covina, CA

#12 Oct 14, 2010
thats nothing 75 mill
Warren

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Oct 14, 2010
The war on marijuana has not controlled drug abuse. On the contrary, the record shows clearly that the crackdown on marijuana fueled the state's disastrous Meth epidemic.

The use of ice in Honolulu had led to particularly serious physical and psychological problems and significant social disruption in poor working communities where it replaced marijuana, which had become scarce and expensive due to eradication policies," states the report's four - page executive summary. The summary noted that the "overwhelming majority" of meth users in Honolulu began using the drug after 1984.

By Chris Loos, Tribune-Herald
Source: Hawaii-Tribune Herald
Warren

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Oct 14, 2010
Recent studies have found that marijuana tends to substitute for alcohol and harder drugs, and that states with tough marijuana laws tend to have worse accident and drug abuse problems

The laws against marijuana wrongly criminalize millions of otherwise law-abiding citizens. Marijuana should be legal for the same reason that alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and other substances are legal:(1) millions of Americans value and enjoy its use; (2) their use poses no inordinate hazards to society; (3) the prohibition of marijuana artificially creates crime and black-market traffic in the same way as alcohol prohibition and (4) deprives our economy of legal business and revenues.
Darn

La Habra, CA

#15 Oct 15, 2010
La cucaracha ya no puede caminar, porque no tiene, porque le falta...
Gina

Wrightwood, CA

#16 Oct 15, 2010
Good but why in hell should the pay the fricken government all that money when almost everyone in this country is struggling!!!!!!!!!!
relax

Encino, CA

#17 Oct 15, 2010
go's to show why the feds dont want to legalize pot, it's much more profitable to keep drugs illegal and reap the payola. Why arent we hearing about someone going to jail, its all about the money!
lady bug

Whittier, CA

#18 Oct 15, 2010
Warren wrote:
Recent studies have found that marijuana tends to substitute for alcohol and harder drugs, and that states with tough marijuana laws tend to have worse accident and drug abuse problems
The laws against marijuana wrongly criminalize millions of otherwise law-abiding citizens. Marijuana should be legal for the same reason that alcohol, tobacco, caffeine and other substances are legal:(1) millions of Americans value and enjoy its use; (2) their use poses no inordinate hazards to society; (3) the prohibition of marijuana artificially creates crime and black-market traffic in the same way as alcohol prohibition and (4) deprives our economy of legal business and revenues.
Laws against theft, illegal immigration, assault, etc, also criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens...so? Not a very good argument. The marijuana-alcohol analogy is imperfect at best. I can easily and cheaply grow my own marijuana. Making a good wine or even whiskey is much more difficult. Believing that tough marijuana laws are the cause of worse "accident and drug abuse problems" is also a pretty fallacious way of thought. It is quite likely that states with tough laws made them to control a pre-existing problem or that there is another, unrelated, cause of substance abuse. "Correlation does not equal causation" is something most of us learned in our freshman psych 101 classes. Either you weren't in college or you forgot. Your argument is so full of fallacies that I am tempted to point them all out, but I gotta go.
Mrs Potts

Covina, CA

#19 Oct 15, 2010
lady bug wrote:
<quoted text>
Laws against theft, illegal immigration, assault, etc, also criminalize otherwise law abiding citizens...so? Not a very good argument. The marijuana-alcohol analogy is imperfect at best. I can easily and cheaply grow my own marijuana. Making a good wine or even whiskey is much more difficult. Believing that tough marijuana laws are the cause of worse "accident and drug abuse problems" is also a pretty fallacious way of thought. It is quite likely that states with tough laws made them to control a pre-existing problem or that there is another, unrelated, cause of substance abuse. "Correlation does not equal causation" is something most of us learned in our freshman psych 101 classes. Either you weren't in college or you forgot. Your argument is so full of fallacies that I am tempted to point them all out, but I gotta go.
Lady Bug did you ever think that Warren may have graduated from college and during his college studies became a free thinker?
lady bug

Whittier, CA

#20 Oct 16, 2010
Mrs Potts wrote:
<quoted text>
Lady Bug did you ever think that Warren may have graduated from college and during his college studies became a free thinker?
Is that what they call stoners these days? LOL! Thinking has always been "free".
Mrs Potts

Covina, CA

#21 Oct 16, 2010
lady bug wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what they call stoners these days? LOL! Thinking has always been "free".
That was a very funny come back,but you failed to answer my question. Now try not to be so funny this time!LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CVS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CVS background check (Jan '13) Mar 20 WatchDog 3
How come this message board is not as active as... Mar 19 A Man with a Plan 1
ridiculous refill policy (May '15) Feb 27 Cbht2016 4
Operations Manager vs. Assistant Store Manager ... Feb '17 CVSchic 1
News CVS giving away free flu shots to uninsured cus... (Sep '10) Dec '16 trailer park 4 tt... 7
Is It Christmas Time? (Nov '15) Dec '16 Anonymous 2
help! Nov '16 Newbie07 1
More from around the web