CVS fined $75 million for aiding meth...

CVS fined $75 million for aiding meth producers

There are 17 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Oct 14, 2010, titled CVS fined $75 million for aiding meth producers. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

CVS Pharmacy Inc. has agreed to pay $75 million in fines for allowing repeated purchases of a key ingredient in the making of methamphetamine in at least five states that also led to a spike in Southern California drug trafficking, authorities said Thursday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

Douglas Newman

AOL

#1 Oct 14, 2010
I'm glad the County could team with CVS through Helath Net, it will help them pay the fine. As to how much in services will be required to deal with the problem the CVS practise will cost , I guess we can list that as, priceless.
Something to think about

Lancaster, CA

#2 Oct 14, 2010
Now that the supply manufacturing of meth has gone down in America.... it will undoubtedly go up in Mexico,

With it more violence and an export of American dollars.

THINK People!
Give Me A Break

Rosemead, CA

#3 Oct 14, 2010
So let me get this right, I could buy a product not use it as it was intended and the retailer of the product can be fined if enough other people use the product as it was not intended? WOW, the U. S Gov't has gone tooo farrr!

So why aren't the bars, alcohol retailers and automobile manufacturers being fined for all of the DUI, DWI fatalities? Same difference right?

When is the insanity going to stop? Lets go after and eradicate the real bad guys and make them pay!
scorp27

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#4 Oct 14, 2010
The article failed to mention the irresponsible employees that kept selling and selling and selling because the computers did not flag the abusive amounts being sold.Un-freekin believable.
They deserve to pay for there degligence.
scorp27

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Oct 14, 2010
Sorry.. they deserve to pay for there NEGLIGENCE.
Yeah right

Upland, CA

#6 Oct 14, 2010
Where is that $75 million going to go?
TooSmoggy

United States

#7 Oct 14, 2010
Yes,the meth heads have screwed it up for the regular people who need a decongesant.the production,slaes and use of meth should carry a life sentence in prison.That ought to stop all of this crap once and for all.
outer limits

United States

#8 Oct 14, 2010
the 75 mil. will go to our government, special interest groups,or our politicians. to save the children.what a noble cause.
RandomDude

Satellite Provider

#9 Oct 14, 2010
This is a scam. The main amount of meth comes from superlabs funded and run by Mexican drug cartels operating in the US and Mexico.

Here's something I am going to call "Meth Math" for all the nice liberals who screamed about making sinus medication hard to get:

Pounds of pseudoephedrine that a Superlab processes at a time = 200 pounds
Amount of pseudoephedrine in milligrams = 90,718,474mg
Amount of 30mg pills needed to make this much meth = 3,023,949 pills
Number of 48 count boxes needed to make this much meth = 62,999 boxes

That's one weekend's work for a superlab. The question to ask is:

Why are we as consumers being targeted to register with the federal government when we buy cold medicine?

Rather than holding druggies, drug dealers and drug makers accountable, sandbags were put in place to hide the real issues.
RandomDude

Satellite Provider

#10 Oct 14, 2010
Sorry for the double post. The Meth Math numbers didn't all transfer when I posted.

Pounds of pseudoephedrine that a Superlab processes at a time = 200 pounds
Amount of pseudoephedrine in milligrams = 90,718,474mg
Amount of 30mg pills needed to make this much meth = 3,023,949 pills
Number of 48 count boxes needed to make this much meth = 62,999 boxes
Amount of pseudoephedrine allow per month = 9g
Number of 48 count boxes allowed per month = 6.25 boxes
Number of months needed to buy enough for one Superlab run = 10,080

That’s 839 years or if you have 10,000 people helping you, that’s 5 years of “smurfing” to make what ONE Superlab makes in ONE run, or about 3 days, with 200 pounds of pseudoephedrine precursor.

Where do the 100 pound drums of precursor come from?
In the know

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#11 Oct 14, 2010
Give Me A Break wrote:
So let me get this right, I could buy a product not use it as it was intended and the retailer of the product can be fined if enough other people use the product as it was not intended? WOW, the U. S Gov't has gone tooo farrr!
So why aren't the bars, alcohol retailers and automobile manufacturers being fined for all of the DUI, DWI fatalities? Same difference right?
When is the insanity going to stop? Lets go after and eradicate the real bad guys and make them pay!
Because meth is illegal and alcohol isn't....No, its not the same.
not surprised

Glendale, CA

#12 Oct 14, 2010
scorp27 wrote:
The article failed to mention the irresponsible employees that kept selling and selling and selling because the computers did not flag the abusive amounts being sold.Un-freekin believable.
They deserve to pay for there degligence.
Gogi Rodriguez in the N. Fontana Store is one of these irresponsible employees, and yet they keep her working there.
gangs_no_more

Wasilla, AK

#14 Oct 15, 2010
Drug-o bastardos
sandman

United States

#15 Oct 15, 2010
Give Me A Break wrote:
I completely agree with you. Feds have to make everything so complicated and their solutions are generally failures. Look at the great job they've done with illegal immigration.
pope

Miami, FL

#16 Oct 15, 2010
here is an idea legalize the drugs. tax, regulate and enforce laws regaridng safety sensitive equipment or vehicles. if we legalized, booze, smokes, gambling, prostititution (Nevada)maybe we can squeeze the mexican mafia out of california.
RX drugs ar elegal it does notmean i wrangle scrips from my doctor. I can buy booze it does not mean i drink and drive. Legalize and regualte let's pay off debt off junkies backs people.
Michael H

San Bernardino, CA

#17 Oct 15, 2010
Putting people in prison for drugs is the dumbest idea anyone can come up with. Clearly you have no concept of the current prison situation. "That ought to solve it!!!!" Clearly a dumbass redneck.
Yae

Ontario, CA

#18 Oct 15, 2010
[your typical]"Its those f ucking w etbacks again, THEY'RE RUINING MY COUNTRY"[/IE redneck]

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CVS Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cvs not healthy (Aug '15) Jul '17 NotWonderland 3
"What's your issue?" Jul '17 NotWonderland 2
How come this message board is not as active as... Jul '17 NotWonderland 3
Applied to work at CVS. (Mar '12) Jul '17 Thompson 5
cvs frontend suck. walgreens is way better (Apr '15) May '17 Watsons butt 26
CVS background check (Jan '13) Mar '17 WatchDog 3
ridiculous refill policy (May '15) Feb '17 Cbht2016 4
More from around the web