Cablevision losses grow and sees cabl...

Cablevision losses grow and sees cable subscriber drop -

There are 106 comments on the Newsday story from Nov 8, 2007, titled Cablevision losses grow and sees cable subscriber drop -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Cablevision Systems Corp., the largest cable television operator in the metropolitan area, Thursday reported higher sales in the third quarter, but said its losses widened, compared to the same period last year ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
good

Nyack, NY

#1 Nov 8, 2007
F#$k the Dolans!!!! Verizon willing to give good deal and pic and services are better. Long live FIOS

Since: Jul 07

Orlando, FL

#2 Nov 8, 2007
The Dolan thieves are finally getting just rewards for screwing their customers for so long.
Go Verizon go.
mike

Bronx, NY

#3 Nov 8, 2007
good wrote:
F#$k the Dolans!!!! Verizon willing to give good deal and pic and services are better. Long live FIOS
youre pathetic.

FIOS is overrated and costs more over the long run. Most people just dont realize it yet since they are giddy over the new alternative.
Hello FiOS

Port Washington, NY

#4 Nov 8, 2007
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
youre pathetic.
FIOS is overrated and costs more over the long run. Most people just dont realize it yet since they are giddy over the new alternative.
Still waiting for a CV/OOL truck roll, Mikey?
Syd

Middle Island, NY

#5 Nov 8, 2007
I'll pay more for Fios just for the fact that I'm not giving money to the Dolans
Prof Frink

Mill Neck, NY

#6 Nov 8, 2007
So you'll give money to one corporate blood sucker to spite another corporate bloodsucker? If all you people ever do is make decisions based on ill thought out hatred, then we're all in bigger triouble than we know...OK, so Cablevision isn't bringing bon bons to your door...go ahead and try and cancel your contract with Verizon and see what kind of fees you get hit with...
Winner

New Hyde Park, NY

#7 Nov 8, 2007
With management like the Dolans and Isiah, it's no suprise losses are widening.

BTW, Where my NFL Network!

And what happended to the plans to renovate the area the Jets were vying for?
Len

New York, NY

#8 Nov 8, 2007
Can't say that I'm overly happy with cablevision, but adding NHL Network (for free) is a step in the right direction.
good

Nyack, NY

#9 Nov 8, 2007
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
youre pathetic.
You're a moron Mike.$15 less a month/ more premium services, battery backup, the most unbelievable picture I have ever seen outside a movie theater AND no fu$%%g echo on my phone. And $250 in gift cards and 2 yr guarantee...How long is a long run?
ttt

Caldwell, NJ

#10 Nov 8, 2007
Sp people rather give money to ma bell then cablevision ? wow (dont say they dont exist both att and verizon are gobling up the remnants and eventually will merge with each other again)

Good you do realise also that you are locked into a contract and if verizon wanted to raise their rates say another 10 percent that they could and you cant leave right?
George Bernius

Valley Stream, NY

#11 Nov 8, 2007
Yech. Remember, every big business is a pair of pants with many pockets. It is possible to show big losses at Cable, which is under public scrutiny, while Lightpath grows. IT is only accounting. Who ever heard of B.L.Holdings Group? Yet we have heard of Keyspan.
FiOS

Wantagh, NY

#12 Nov 8, 2007
You're not locked in to FiOS, that's a myth.

I pay about $5 more with FiOS, but I also get more than I got with Cablevision. The free "On Demand" channels alone would have cost me $60 at Cablevision. The way I look at it, I'm still ahead.
Jesse

AOL

#13 Nov 8, 2007
FIOS is cheaper and the picture is outstanding. Cable raies their rates at will. Ciao Dolans.
Seamus

Valley Stream, NY

#14 Nov 8, 2007
Both Cablevision and Verizon are terrible to customers. Why not read a book instead.
mike

Bronx, NY

#15 Nov 8, 2007
good wrote:
<quoted text>You're a moron Mike.$15 less a month/ more premium services, battery backup, the most unbelievable picture I have ever seen outside a movie theater AND no fu$%%g echo on my phone. And $250 in gift cards and 2 yr guarantee...How long is a long run?
THE TOP 10 FACTS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT VERIZON and FiOS

"Fiber Optics” is not new. Cablevision has been Fiber Optic since 2003.

The $95 per month triple product offer being marketed by FiOS does NOT cost $95. With taxes and fees it is at least $112. The comparable Cablevision package costs $98. Verizon never discloses the full amount of taxes and fees in their marketing and advertising.

All FiOS bundled packages require a 1-year contract, with activation and early termination fees. Cablevision never requires a contract.

FiOS does NOT carry News 12 or News 12 Traffic & Weather.

High Definition [‘HD’] television is free with iO. FiOS charges extra for HD equipment. FiOS does NOT carry FSNNY [Fox Sports Net New York] or MSG [Madison Square Garden] in HD.

Verizon fine print includes this statement:‘Power for services provided on the Verizon FiOS network must be supplied by the customer.’ This means customers are paying to power Verizon’s FiOS network on their own electric bills. Cablevision’s network is powered by Cablevision.

Contrary to Verizon’s TV ads, FiOS is not ‘always on’ in a power outage. Battery backup is required, just like Optimum Voice. No wireless handsets will work in a power outage, contrary to what is shown in the TV ads.

Verizon charges as much as $1.99 for 411 telephone directory assistance. 411 directory assistance is FREE for Optimum Voice customers.

FiOS customer service is only available Monday – Friday 8AM-6PM. Cablevision customer service is 24/7.

ARNOLDZIFFEL

North Brunswick, NJ

#17 Nov 8, 2007
mike wrote:
<quoted text>
youre pathetic.
Cablevision has been overpriced for years. their service sucks. even their so-called digital service is a joke. then when cable realized it couldn't compete, they decide to go into the satellite business and launch that joke called VOOM. then a year later, Dish Network winds up taking it off their hands. Because, once again, cable showed they could not compete. Thank god for Fios and Satellite. Screw cablevision.
ARNOLDZIFFEL

North Brunswick, NJ

#18 Nov 8, 2007
Prof Frink wrote:
So you'll give money to one corporate blood sucker to spite another corporate bloodsucker? If all you people ever do is make decisions based on ill thought out hatred, then we're all in bigger triouble than we know...OK, so Cablevision isn't bringing bon bons to your door...go ahead and try and cancel your contract with Verizon and see what kind of fees you get hit with...
I dumped cable 7 years ago. If you gave me cable for FREE i still wouldn't hook it up. Their equipment sucks, the signal sucks. HD is a joke.
ARNOLDZIFFEL

North Brunswick, NJ

#19 Nov 8, 2007
Seamus wrote:
Both Cablevision and Verizon are terrible to customers. Why not read a book instead.
Dish Network and Direct TV are great alternatives also.
Syd

Middle Island, NY

#20 Nov 8, 2007
"FiOS does NOT carry News 12 or News 12 Traffic & Weather."

Excellent!
Cable Sux

North Brunswick, NJ

#21 Nov 8, 2007
"THE TOP 10 FACTS EVERYONE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT VERIZON and FiOS
"Fiber Optics” is not new. Cablevision has been Fiber Optic since 2003."
WRONG, TRY AGAIN. Last I checked, there is copper coming from the pole into the house. With FIOS it's ALL FIBER BABY! Sorry Cable, keep spreading the myth and fantasy about you being a fiber network, but as long as there is copper in it, it's just a fantasy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cablevision Sys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Verizon's Frontier sale gives it a contiguous N... (Mar '15) Sep '15 spiralnotes 2
News James Nuzzo Joins Charter Communications as Exe... (Jun '14) Jun '14 barry rogers 1
News What channels would you add to Cablevision? (Jan '08) Feb '14 Anita mccallum 13
News McCain bill seeks 'a la carte' cable channel su... (May '13) Jun '13 zintel 52
News Dish's Ad-Skip Tool May Benefit From Cablevisio... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Shaun Smith 1
News Cablevision Dogged by Wall Street: Exec Exodus,... (May '12) May '12 us me 1
News FCC probes cable companies pricing practices (Nov '08) Jul '11 satellitemike 32
More from around the web