cummins 325 in 2001 HR Endeavor motor...

cummins 325 in 2001 HR Endeavor motorhome overheating

Posted in the Cummins Forum

Norm D

Richmond, Canada

#1 May 3, 2012
Has anybody had this problem and how did you fix it? On long hills, in hot weather,(80's) our motorhome heats up - example the long hill out of Palm Springs going east on I-17. We have had radiator guy check rad with heat gun and he felt the circulation was OK. Had had it washed out with a power washer prior to that. Then he changed the thermostat and the transmitter to the dash. Then had gunk remover sprayed on rad and flushed with hose. BUT - still overheating.Going to just over 200 degrees. Any ideas?
Endeavor 43DFT

Holland, MI

#2 Jul 17, 2012
2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43DFT MaxxForce 10 Diesel Engine | NO SCR, NO UREA | Working EGR Technology | Seeing is believing Look here--> http://www.veurinksrv.com/inventory/endeavor-... 2013 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 43DFT
steve

Santa Clarita, CA

#3 Mar 3, 2013
You probably need to downshift before you begin the ascent and keep the rpm around 2,000. You need to keep the fan speed high enough to cool down the engine. I have the same problem going up the grapevine when I am towing my toad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cummins Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
isx, egr valve (Jul '10) 11 hr Tim 95
Signature 600 Mar '17 Jms08 1
Mitch D,C Diesel Repair Feb '17 DC Diesel 2
Coolant temperatur sensor warning 144 Jan '17 Yazan 1
Repowering a tractor with a 5.9B (Sep '16) Sep '16 texgyrene 1
News Obama rule to cut truck emissions amid campaign... (Aug '16) Aug '16 inbred Genius 1
Volvo isx mayday help (Apr '16) Apr '16 tommielee43 1
More from around the web