Cupid be wary of office romance

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Just before Valentine's Day three years ago, John Ceraolo popped the question to his co-worker and girlfriend Heather.
Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated Feb 13, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dryback

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Does this mean I shouldn't bang Jenna Fischer?

“Walk, don't run.”

Since: Dec 08

Reid, Upackastan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Anyone want a boiled bunny?
Spanky

Coral Gables, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Another worthless insipid story by the sun-sentinel's crack business editor. Do you really think you would see this story in the Wall Street Journal or Investors Business Daily? This is exactly why I canceled my subscription.
GHOST RIDER

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Dont sh*t where you eat.
DKR

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

I actually met my (ex-) husband on the job. By the time we were dating, though, we had left that position. More recently, I had another office romance. What made it work is that we worked in different offices for different departments while we were dating. Although we broke up in 2005, we are still friendly.
DKR

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Spanky wrote:
Another worthless insipid story by the sun-sentinel's crack business editor. Do you really think you would see this story in the Wall Street Journal or Investors Business Daily? This is exactly why I canceled my subscription.
But you're reading it online....and criticizing on this post. Hmmmm...
mcm

Champaign, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Dont get your meat where you get your bread!
retarded sentinel poster

Delray Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

i can actually call this lady up about this story? and she'll take the call? wow, terrible working conditions over there.
Dave

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Yes you stupid little corporate slaves shouldn't think to procreate within the confines of your prisons!!
Big Boss

Boynton Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

I run the show at my company and only hire good lookin women cause thats how business gets done. Tight short skirts always closes the deal. Fat chicks need not apply. And when business gets done, the girls take care of me. If they dont service me and swallow, then out the door they go. Fat chicks stay home please.

Who needs office relationships when you can have any girl at any time.
isaac

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

the best strategy to hit on a woman at work is to make your move at the office party. This way, if she turns you down, you can always use the 'I was drunk' excuse.

“Slow Down, Life Is Too Short”

Since: Jun 08

Boca Raton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Big Boss wrote:
I run the show at my company and only hire good lookin women cause thats how business gets done. Tight short skirts always closes the deal. Fat chicks need not apply. And when business gets done, the girls take care of me. If they dont service me and swallow, then out the door they go. Fat chicks stay home please.
Ok the dream is over,back to reality. I'll have frys with my burger and throw in some ketchup please.
DatedMyCo-Worker

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

I not only dated my co-worker, but we will be celebrating our 4-year wedding anniversary in 8 days.
MRS BOSS

Eagle Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

PROBABLY THE ONLY THING GETTING SWALLOWED AROUND YOUR OFFICE IS YOUR PRIDE.
Big Boss wrote:
TONY

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

THE ONLY WOMEN I LIKE ARE AS FOLLOWS:

(1) THEY MUST HAVE A BIG RACK.
(2) THEY MUST BE TIGHT.
(3) THEY MUST BE UNDER 120 POUNDS
and at least 5'5.
(4) THEY MUST BE ATTRACTIVE.
(5) THEY MUST BE UNDER 25 YEARS OLD.
(6) THEY MUST NOT HAVE ANY KIDS
sINCE KIDS WILL RUIN YOUR BODY.

99% of women don't meet the above criteria since they aren't good looking.
johnny

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

This article is trash...please Marcia find something else to write about
Kilroy

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Citrix - the spawn of microsoft and os/2 - blah
Over It All

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Spanky wrote:
My sentiments exactly. After reading this story, all I could think was, "Duh." Must have been a REALLY slow news day, coupled with an overzealous editor who wants to play up the Valentine's Day angle. Pathetic when you think of it. The reporter should be ashamed.
Heidi

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2009

Dating among the work place environment is a bad decision-it will have a huge impact on work performance, especially if it's a secret...don't do it!
Kila

Deerfield Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

I met my husband at work and we were very quiet about it for over a year. We would be on the elevator together with a bunch of people and not say a word to each other besides 'hi'. Once everyone knows, then it becomes a problem. Knew other people who dated at work and they always went to lunch together, walked around handnand hand--not good! Just does not look professional. It also gives everyone something to gossip about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Citrix Systems Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pompano Beach City Commissioner: Barry Dockswell (Mar '08) Mar '13 rosemarie 4
Some Oversold Cloud Stocks Get A Lift (Oct '12) Jan '13 Nick Santiago 2
Flextronics swings to 3Q profit from loss (Jan '10) Jan '10 MicrosoftLost15M 1
Workers want to telecommute because they can (Jun '09) Nov '09 Money On The Inte... 4
Can love at work, work? Sure, but watch out for... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Lorno 1
Citrix to cut 500 workers (Jan '09) Jan '09 Concerned one 10
Movers & Shakers: Thursday's biggest gaining an... (Jan '09) Jan '09 john k 1

Search the Citrix Systems Forum:
•••