Bush's visit thrills local GOP

Bush's visit thrills local GOP

There are 6 comments on the NewsTimes.com story from May 1, 2008, titled Bush's visit thrills local GOP. In it, NewsTimes.com reports that:

New Milford developer Tom Pilla and Councilman Bob Guendelsberger were among the more than 450 area residents who spent much of last Friday at Henry and Nancy Kissinger's estate in Kent.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NewsTimes.com.

Tales of a Lame Duck

United States

#1 May 2, 2008
Bush: So where to today?
Aide: Connecticut to visit Henry, Sir’

Bush: Henry who?
Aide: Henry Kissinger, Sir’

Bush: Is he a contributor?
Aide: No Sir. He was Secretary of State under Nixon.

Bush: Will the Governor of Connecticut be there?
Aide: Yes, Sir. Jodi Rell will be there.

Bush: Jodi….is that a man or a woman?
Aide: She is a woman, Sir.

Bush: Darn, she must be a democrat
Aide: No, Sir, she is a Republican.

Bush: How will I recognize her?
Aide: She is a bit frumpy, if you know what I mean.

Bush: Aw come on, all Republican woman are frumpy…that is why they are Republicans
Aide: She will probably be wearing several scarves and a smock, sir.

Bush: Will that goofy-looking Danny Callepelo be there?
Aide: That would be David Cappiello, Sir, yes.

Bush: Did you bring the YouTube video with you?
Aide: Yes, Sir, just like you requested.

Bush: This is going to be fun…..wake me when we get there.
Aide: We are there, Sir.
Joe

New Milford, CT

#2 May 2, 2008
Bravo to the young patriots who went to Kent, CT last Friday to "welcome" Mr. Mission Accomplished,

aka the "Liar in Chief" George Bush.

And shame on those appeasers, enablers and sympathizers, however well meaning, who welcomed
Mr Bush at Dr Kissinger's house.

History will judge you and us.

Washington CT USA
judgejay

Staffordville, CT

#3 May 2, 2008
They never made it to Kent. Joe the Warren town green is a long ways off. I'm sure he was profoundly affected by the masses that were there. NOT!!!
divider

Danbury, CT

#4 May 2, 2008
getting the bush stamp of approval will come back to haunt cappelillo, er, i mean cappiello
Quote me on this

Southbury, CT

#5 May 3, 2008
Tales of a Lame Duck wrote:
Bush: Will the Governor of Connecticut be there?
Aide: Yes, Sir. Jodi Rell will be there.
Bush: Jodi….is that a man or a woman?
Aide: She is a woman, Sir.
Bush: Darn, she must be a democrat
Aide: No, Sir, she is a Republican.
Bush: Did I hear that she's the one who fired two cops for investigating her son cuz he stole a jetski?
Aide: Yes, sir!
Bush: Like I said, she mus be a liberal democrat!
Aide: That's one for you, sir!
boz

New Milford, CT

#6 May 5, 2008
Appalling article...appalling news.
The tone of this article is an exercise in sycophancy. I'm amazed it even ran in the Spectrum. Some editor somewhere misplaced the blue pencil.

We have people in town government who constantly complain their taxes are too high and who slash and burn the town budget repeatedly - pleading poverty - but they have $10,000 to spare for the vainglory of a photograph with a man who disgraces the office of the presidency with his smug lies and provincial and myopic views.

The man burned God knows how many gallons of jet fuel to fly on the taxpayer's dime into Hartford where he talked briefly with schoolchildren about malaria and then choppered his way to Kent for the REAL event: to be stood up like some sort of prop and have his picture taken with a pack of fawning drooling right-wingers.

These photos will decorate the office walls and living room coffee tables of the participants, even as they conspire for new ways of paring the town budget to the point at which it barely functions at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Water Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connecticut water co. needs union support (Sep '11) Sep '11 Union help 1
News Connecticut student accused of making camera in... (Apr '08) Jun '11 Actually 10
News GPS nabs Bridgeport fire inspectors (Mar '08) Apr '11 Billy Joe 79
News Connecticut Water Co. Cuts Rates But Adds Surch... (May '09) May '09 Jonathan Rodriguez - 1
News Ellington Water Company Sold; Escape Foiled (Aug '08) Aug '08 Any Idiot Could See 1
News Flagging Oval Office hope among African-Americans (May '08) May '08 Intelligent Guessing 49
News Mark Dixon, Science Center Officials Ring NASDA... (May '08) May '08 new yorker 1
More from around the web