Connecticut student accused of making...

Connecticut student accused of making camera into shock device

There are 10 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Connecticut student accused of making camera into shock device. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Police say the camera, modified according to instructions available on the Internet, had been converted into an improvised electronic demobilizing device similar to a Taser.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

Mike

Buffalo, NY

#1 Apr 3, 2008
A disposable camera has, at best, a 9-volt battery inside. Altering it to bypass the flash and exit through two prongs into a person would not magically become 600 volts.

People need to think and believe less, more.
Tebbytime

Buffalo, NY

#2 Apr 3, 2008
"School Resource Officer Kyle Strunjo says the makeshift device is potentially capable of a 600-volt shock"

LOL!

Sure, if you put a 600-volt battery in it, or plug it into FIVE 120-volt wall sockets.
He speaks the truth

Buffalo, NY

#3 Apr 3, 2008
You gotta be shitten me!!!!

Hay wait, I just turned my wrist watch into a x-ray gun capable of looking through peoples clothes, at the same time it can shock you with 1000 volts.

Please stop the insanity!
student

Sardinia, NY

#4 Apr 4, 2008
i really dont think that a carmara can realease that much elctric power come on really
Mom

Buffalo, NY

#5 Apr 4, 2008
and they say today's youth aren't smart...
school safety

Lunenburg, MA

#6 Apr 4, 2008
with all the violence in schools today, it is sad that we have to hire police to stand gaurd in schools. but thanks to officer on duty at the middle school, the students can feel safe for another day.
Engineering student

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Apr 8, 2008
The way you make 9 volts into 600 is with a 200:3 ratio TRANSFORMER, the kind found in a disposable camera. That, and a 1 farad supercapacitor will easily create a shock device (nothing like a tazer mind you, more like a novelty shock lighter).

Anyone who says you can't should open a disposable camera, press the charge flash button and lick the terminals on the back.

P.S. Instructions available online? The instructions are open it...
Zach

Lawrence, NY

#8 Jun 15, 2011
Mike wrote:
A disposable camera has, at best, a 9-volt battery inside. Altering it to bypass the flash and exit through two prongs into a person would not magically become 600 volts.
People need to think and believe less, more.
actually, disposable cameras contain a high ratio transformer and large capacitor to run the flash
this is definitely capable of producing several hundred volts
I think you need to brush up on your electronics, the "people" are fine as it is.
white lightning

United States

#10 Jun 15, 2011
A 1 farad capacitor would be as big as a house or as big as that North Tonawanda losers ass.
Actually

Lake View, NY

#11 Jun 15, 2011
Once again - is Laquisha = czarnina = the new abc = what a life you lead. Must be a bore to be you !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Water Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Connecticut water co. needs union support (Sep '11) Sep '11 Union help 1
News GPS nabs Bridgeport fire inspectors (Mar '08) Apr '11 Billy Joe 79
News Connecticut Water Co. Cuts Rates But Adds Surch... (May '09) May '09 Jonathan Rodriguez - 1
News Ellington Water Company Sold; Escape Foiled (Aug '08) Aug '08 Any Idiot Could See 1
News Flagging Oval Office hope among African-Americans (May '08) May '08 Intelligent Guessing 49
News Mark Dixon, Science Center Officials Ring NASDA... (May '08) May '08 new yorker 1
News Dodd to endorse Obama (Feb '08) May '08 Bahumbug 24
More from around the web