Centurytel webmail
Pipefitter

Wentzville, MO

#1 Feb 21, 2008
Centurytel webmail is the worst I have experienced. I get tired of not being able to log in; there are other problems with the their web mail that is quite irritating. Centurytel I hope you read this.
cm1js in branson

Eldridge, MO

#2 Mar 5, 2008
I agree. I bought centurytel. dsl about 6 months ago. I have the 256K and two months ago went to 1.5 m. Because the charges were not what i agreed on I went back to 256K. This mail is the worst that i've ever experienced. I e mail the company and am told it must be my computer. Worse yet is the speed. I can go about as fast on a dial up. This fiasco costs me now thirty dollars a month. I can't do anything else as centurytel owns the lines and a.t.t refuses to come in.
cm1js in branson

Eldridge, MO

#3 Mar 5, 2008
Oops forgot something. A lot of the people in my real estate office signed up for centurytel. As it happens they mostly live where wireless is available. It only took one month for the majority of the people in my office to get off centurytel. I have to many trees and hills to get a wireless. Anyone have any ideas?
crow

Dothan, AL

#4 Sep 28, 2008
I agree, centurytel web mail is the pits. Their blocking and filtering system is extremely rigid. After switching to CenturyTel dsl, we realized after a couple of weeks that we were not getting all e-mails we had been getting through other servers, so I contacted one of these sites and realized there had been approximately 30 e-mails bounced back to them. We were not getting any notice from CenturyTel Webmail that that the e-mails were being bounced back to the sender. I contacted CenturyTel, and have been working on this since July 2008. Numerous corrspondence with techs, VP of customer service, etc. When I contact CenturyTel, they supposedly work on the problem but I do not hear anything else from them until I contact them again. Tech asks for information from me on blocked websites and I have provided all I can. Techs continue to ask for the same information. Has been two weeks since last corresponded. Still not resolved as far as I know since CenturyTel has not let me know anything. I became so frustrated that I now use gmail. Even if they do advise that the problem is resolved, I do not trust that CenturyTel filters will let my future e-mails through. I have all filters disabled on my e-mail address. I just do not want to go through this each time I provide my e-mail to company and wonder whether they can get e-mail to me. Because they advertise dsl with email and I cannot get all my e-mail, I am not getting from CenturyTel what I agreed to pay for.

I did have slow speed as well, but CenturyTel tech actually helped me with this. Internet Explorer was extremely slow. We installed an updated version of IE, still did not help. She suggested installing Mozilla Firefox which was a fast connection that we could use and speed definitely increased. In the meantime, I uninstalled Propel Accelerator that I had with my previous ISP. Once this was done, IE began funtioning at the better speed as Firefox. At least this tech tried to help and checked back with me to see that we were still running at a good speed with Firefox. I stumbled on the fact that propel accelerator was the culprit, but at least she was able to give me a work around.
No so with the e-mail.
Pipefitter wrote:
Centurytel webmail is the worst I have experienced. I get tired of not being able to log in; there are other problems with the their web mail that is quite irritating. Centurytel I hope you read this.
superyooper

Sault Sainte Marie, MI

#5 Oct 28, 2008
I'm not a CenturyTel customer, but they cause my business much frustration. We live a rural area, where CenturyTel dsl is the only option for most of our clients and colleagues (luckily we have a better option in our particular neighborhood). However, the CenturyTel email system blocks our emails to clients and colleagues 9 out of 10 times. It has seriously hindered our business and I want to scream. I was advised to contact CenturyTel to give them our email addresses to add to a universal safe senders list, but that's a joke. When you call, you have to have a customer number to get to talk to someone, it's BS.
mothernature

Pell City, AL

#6 Apr 17, 2009
I had problems with Outlook Express when I first switched to CenturyTel DSL. Their spam mail filter was blocking my personal emails and driving me nuts. But that was because I did not know how to use their Webmail, and list the email addys that I did NOT want blocked. Now it runs as smooth as clock work. And their 24/7 Tech Support is outstanding. Additionally, their 512Kbsp is not 18 times faster than the old dial up I had, it's close to 30 times faster. I am one happy camper with CenturyTel DSL.
Mike

Dothan, AL

#8 Aug 23, 2009
I'm a community computer tech for a living.

Their dsl service is good, tech support is friendly and very responsive compared to the cable company Mediacom. But webmail is AWFUL.

It loses outgoing messages once I've typed them-- they go nowhere and I have to retype. Does not interact well with Firefox, which doesn't want to cut and paste into CenturyTel's webmail interface. So no way to save a message before sending it and finding it gone.

Webmail was down Friday and is down again today (Sunday) two days later.

They desperately need a new interface, but apparently don't realize how bad this one is (???)
Not Sure Why

Galena, MO

#9 Dec 27, 2009
My webmail only shows the emails received on that day. If I have not checked for a few days then I have lost emails. Is there some setting or anything to change?? Help.
Anon

Westcliffe, CO

#10 May 15, 2011
Where I live the equipment is ancient and the service sucks - I am paying the price for 1.5 and getting an average of .7 (slower than dialup)- so I called to complain and was told that since they could not provide me with the 1.5 they have been happily charging me for this past year,which they admit is not legal, they will have to downgrade me.....what a bunch of dinks!
It has gotten a little better, but these guys need some competition.
kp-lawson-Mo

Trimble, MO

#11 Jul 13, 2011
Not only does thier email suck, so does their telephone service if you can call it service. Yesterday our whole area did not have any service for the whole day and this is not the first time. We have had people call us and get a recording that this number has been disconneted. And to top it off email will only send 1 page at a time no attachments. Centurytel commet's its just a clich. We have to keep our email on the server per centurytel then we get messages we are using the wrong email address.
Unhappy Customer

Pagosa Springs, CO

#12 Oct 18, 2011
Anyone that is forced to use CenturyTel e-mail....good luck. It is the worst! Make sure you have a back-up of your e-mail. I logged in and two pages of saved e-mails had disappeared that were there when I logged out last night. Customer un-service says that I must have deleted them. No, I did not delete them! They are unable to retrieve them and have no idea what happened. Be very careful if using CenturyTel!!!
mark

Bellevue, MI

#13 Jun 12, 2012
I have lots of problems with centurytel email also when I open email it lets me view the mail when I type a reply and send it goes nowhere.It is like the mail site loses contact with the computer.When trying to exit it always says website not responding.I would think this was a computer issue but it happens on my home computer,work computer and laptop.Most of the time it takes 4 or more times of retyping a email to get it out.
Irritated in WA

Rochester, MN

#14 Jun 20, 2012
cm1js in branson wrote:
I agree. I bought centurytel. dsl about 6 months ago. I have the 256K and two months ago went to 1.5 m. Because the charges were not what i agreed on I went back to 256K. This mail is the worst that i've ever experienced. I e mail the company and am told it must be my computer. Worse yet is the speed. I can go about as fast on a dial up. This fiasco costs me now thirty dollars a month. I can't do anything else as centurytel owns the lines and a.t.t refuses to come in.
Response: I agree with this and the other posts. I have been told the many failures of web mail are due to my computer or the fact that I have a Mac that uses Entourage. I've given up calling them. I have to notify friends and family to write me at my gmail account when I am traveling (which, of course, causes other problems because I don't normally use this account.)Centurytel is the only way we can get DSL, but I'd change companies in an instant if possible.
Linda Norton

Olive Branch, MS

#15 Dec 3, 2012
I am sick of centurytel and all the error messages that pop up constantly andto make things worse every time I try to open an email I have to put in my email address and ID# Can someone do something about this or should I give up and drop this junk? Also I keep getting an email from centurytel about an error but they do not leave a message!!!!!!!!!
Kerry b

Amherst, OH

#16 Jan 10, 2014
Gotta admit, it sucks.
Spend more time trying to log on than reading
My mail. What happened?
fishski

Longview, WA

#17 Apr 30, 2015
Pipefitter wrote:
This is the worst service in the world. I am switching very soon and giving them no more money.
Terrable service. They never know what is really happening and have no clue. Idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

CenturyTel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News AT&T, CenturyLink, and Verizon copper-to-fiber ... (Jul '15) Jul '15 essence scott 1
News More on the cover story: CenturyLink's Prism TV... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Steve Sybesma 1
News U.S. Internet has plans for a broader Twin Citi... (Oct '14) Oct '14 Anonymous 3
News Scanning Telecommunication Services Equities --... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Futurama iPhone n... 1
News Undercover cops will be looking for Molly at Se... (Oct '13) Oct '13 anon 1
News Eager beaver blamed for Newa (Jun '13) Jun '13 DC tells it like ... 2
News Outage At CenturyLink Affects Internet Access (May '13) Jun '13 zintel 2