Roy Armes: Cooper Tire CEO learning as he leads

Mar 30, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TheCourier.com

“It's been a pretty significant improvement so I would rate us pretty high”

By LOU WILIN STAFF WRITER Since Roy Armes became president, Cooper Tire & Rubber Co. via TheCourier.com

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Aug 28, 2009
Sally

AOL

#1 Mar 31, 2008
I think it's terrible that the CEO of Cooper Tire wants more tire production outside of the USA!!!!! What happened to American families? This company used to care about its employees. They used to be a family based company. Roy Armes is showing his employees how much he cares about them, which is very little. With jobs constantly going overseas to communist China, that puts American people out of work. We need to keep the jobs here!!!!!!!! Why do you think Americans can't afford to live anymore? Because all the corporations would rather have the almighty dollar for themselves. We can't buy your tires or anything else if we don't have jobs. Prices for everything are going up because of the lack of caring from corporate biggies. I remember back in the day when the CEO of Cooper walked through the plant and actually cared about them. He would walk through several times. People were happy to see him. He did things for the families. Now what do you see? Nothing to promote good relations between the bosses and the employees. They even took the picnic away from them to keep their almighty dollar in their pocket. I'm so ashamed of this current CEO. What's the matter with this country? The goal here should be to keep the jobs in America!!!!!!!!!! China plants produce such low quality tires too! Pretty soon people will not want to buy the Cooper brand becuase of this lack of quality! Armes should really rethink his plans to move more production overseas.
Guinn E Hill

Holt, MI

#2 May 15, 2009
To assert that Roy is not concerned about the Company he now heads and ALL of the employees that he represents is imperceptible. In the early 1970's, I started my career with Roy at Whirlpool Corporation...Roy has moved to the levels he has attained by sacrifice and dedication. To move production offshore has a sincere significance to the welfare of the Corportion. Incidently, if the meployees at Cooper Tire want to see Roy in their work area, I am certain a phone call can arrange that. "Viva" Armes.........
Nick

Blacksburg, VA

#3 Aug 28, 2009
This sounds exactly like someone who has never run a manufacturing business in their lifetime, never should run a manufacturing business in their lifetime, and if they unfortunately did, would probably go bankrupt do to annialation by competition that is taking advantage of lower cost countries. Please tell me how Cooper Tire is supposed to ever survive without competing against the Goodyear's and Michelin's of the world without lowering costs!?
If Cooper planned on keeping everything the same, like you want them to do, the entire business would be bankrupt and closed within 5 years. The previous CEO did not globalize and hence did not turn a profit for 7 consecutive quarters. Cooper Tire was VERY close to having to completely shut down operations due to lack of funds.
Now, do you want any Cooper employee to have a job in 5 years or do you want as many Cooper employees as possible to have a job in 5 years. You decide.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cooper Tire and Rubber Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Deal: Cooper Tire Calls Off Apollo Tyres Deal (Dec '13) Dec '13 rubyjeancyler 1
Letter: Corporations prosper while workers suffer (Jan '12) Sep '13 Ferdi 40
Texarkana (Sep '13) Sep '13 Curious 3
Steelworkers union eyes Cooper Tire (Aug '13) Aug '13 tally 4
english tuition singapore (Aug '13) Aug '13 asdas 1
cooper strike (Jul '13) Jul '13 odd 1
is coopertire gonna strike over appollo deal (Jul '13) Jul '13 #looseitall 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Cooper Tire and Rubber People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••