Chesapeake girl can't stop sneezing

Nov 10, 2009 Full story: ClipSyndicate 26

Lauren Johnson, 12, sneezes as many as 16 times a minute and her mom says no doctor can explain why.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kanc

United States

#2 Nov 10, 2009
Lauren Johnson seems to have a mental problem and not a medical problem. Im surprised the doctors have not seen this. If it was medical she would sneeze while sleeping as well. She has some strange need for attention. Or it could be a mental issue like turrets syndrome. I think she should seek psychiatric help or her mom needs to knock some sense into her and tell her to quit trying to get this attention. The sneezes are totally fake. Nice way to try to get on TV and try to get attention from friends.
Lisa

Berne, IN

#3 Nov 11, 2009
I agree with you she is totally faking it. There are times she doesn't even close her eyes when sneezing..a sure sign that the sneeze isn't genuine. I am stunned by what people will do for a minute in front of the camera...
hoop

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Nov 11, 2009
She never closes her eyes and it seems to be coming out of her mouth; can you spell attention seeking???
hoop

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Nov 11, 2009
Nancy Snyderman just confirmed that it's coming from her mouth and is psychological. She actually stopped for a while as Nancy was speaking and just started again when Ann spoke. ATTENTION!!??
Blinky Cougher TS Guy

Lima, OH

#6 Nov 11, 2009
It is spelled Tourette Syndrome; it is not an attention seeking way to get on TV, wow, you people posting are very opinionated, you want the mom to smack some sense in to her... what a hater.. it is a Tic, research this… don’t just post mean comments about something you do not know about or experienced. As a person with TS, it is not a fun thing to have these compulsions that you try to control and the more you try, the more pronounced they become and the longer they manifest themselves…
Olena

Oyster Bay, NY

#7 Nov 11, 2009
Please, take her to an HERBAL DOCTOR. They will help you.
Blinky Cougher TS Guy

Lima, OH

#8 Nov 11, 2009
when you do a quick search you will see stressful situations bring this on, and they can "wax and wane" (come and go); the typical onset is right in the age frame she is in, but the Atypical thing is she is a female, this is mostly a male disorder...
Emily

Franklin, TN

#9 Nov 11, 2009
She may have a sinus clog up in her nose and she keeps on sneezing or some sneezes are psychosomatic reactions to disquieting emotions or thoughts.
asking

United States

#10 Nov 11, 2009
Why is she around cats at home hugging them?
Katie boo Batie

Buffalo, NY

#11 Nov 11, 2009
idk if she's faking it because pretending this long would be annoying for anyone. I think she has touretts or something in that way. Or maybe this a male disorder and she has some access testosterone because it is common for females and males to have these kind of affects. The amount of the testosterone could indeed cause her to get a male disorder? who knows all this would cost a lot of time and money. There are just so many possibilities.
WhatTheHeck

United States

#12 Nov 11, 2009
Give me a break Kanc - knock some sense into the girl? Are you insane? The sneezes ARE NOT totally fake. You go ahead and try to sneeze 12 times a minute on purpose for 24 hours and tell me how you can keep it up. What a bunch of jerks you people are - the mother came on tv to try to find help, not to gain attention. There are plenty of easier ways to gain attention. When my brother was in high school he had pneumonia and as a result he ended up having the hiccups for months (literally having to hiccup every 10 seconds); he would pass out and literally could not function. The doctors finally put him on some anti seizure meds temporarily that stopped him. Apparently the pneumonia had left its mark on his body that left him involuntarily hiccupping. It was awful! Shame on you people for insinuating she has a mental condition. People just don't wake up one day and say "hey, I think I'll get attention by sneezing all the time".
Kanc wrote:
Lauren Johnson seems to have a mental problem and not a medical problem. Im surprised the doctors have not seen this. If it was medical she would sneeze while sleeping as well. She has some strange need for attention. Or it could be a mental issue like turrets syndrome. I think she should seek psychiatric help or her mom needs to knock some sense into her and tell her to quit trying to get this attention. The sneezes are totally fake. Nice way to try to get on TV and try to get attention from friends.
WhatTheHeck

United States

#13 Nov 11, 2009
Since when did Nancy Snyderman become the expert for all things related to medical conditions? She was only offering her opinion, trying to help. Do you read the National Inquirier too?
hoop wrote:
Nancy Snyderman just confirmed that it's coming from her mouth and is psychological. She actually stopped for a while as Nancy was speaking and just started again when Ann spoke. ATTENTION!!??
Mike Litorus

Manteo, NC

#14 Nov 11, 2009
Totally faking it. The mom doesn't do a great job of faking her crying either. Crazy!
okZ

Las Vegas, NV

#15 Nov 12, 2009
I AGREE , T.S. is the first thing that came to my mind.. she seems not to be really sneezing, but showing more of a tic.
Blinky Cougher TS Guy wrote:
It is spelled Tourette Syndrome; it is not an attention seeking way to get on TV, wow, you people posting are very opinionated, you want the mom to smack some sense in to her... what a hater.. it is a Tic, research this… don’t just post mean comments about something you do not know about or experienced. As a person with TS, it is not a fun thing to have these compulsions that you try to control and the more you try, the more pronounced they become and the longer they manifest themselves…
Shesgottouretts

Bridgewater, MA

#17 Nov 15, 2009
Umm actually she did stop...and those aren't real sneezes. She is totally suffering from tourretts syndrome and it's a shame for her parents to exploit it on national tv...maybe the parents need some sense knocked into them.
WhatTheHeck wrote:
Give me a break Kanc - knock some sense into the girl? Are you insane? The sneezes ARE NOT totally fake. You go ahead and try to sneeze 12 times a minute on purpose for 24 hours and tell me how you can keep it up. What a bunch of jerks you people are - the mother came on tv to try to find help, not to gain attention. There are plenty of easier ways to gain attention. When my brother was in high school he had pneumonia and as a result he ended up having the hiccups for months (literally having to hiccup every 10 seconds); he would pass out and literally could not function. The doctors finally put him on some anti seizure meds temporarily that stopped him. Apparently the pneumonia had left its mark on his body that left him involuntarily hiccupping. It was awful! Shame on you people for insinuating she has a mental condition. People just don't wake up one day and say "hey, I think I'll get attention by sneezing all the time".
<quoted text>
Shesgottouretts

Bridgewater, MA

#18 Nov 15, 2009
She would litterally die if she sneezed....your heart stops everytime you sneeze...so she'd probably have some MAJOR hear problems if those sneezes are real...just sayin
wow

Kings Mountain, NC

#19 Dec 4, 2009
Your heart does not actually stop beating when you sneeze, thats only a myth.
Shesgottouretts wrote:
She would litterally die if she sneezed....your heart stops everytime you sneeze...so she'd probably have some MAJOR hear problems if those sneezes are real...just sayin
Fake Sneeze Girl

Anchorage, AK

#20 Dec 8, 2009
I don't care what anyone says, this girl is faking faking faking her problem. I make an effort to turn the channel when I see this crap on TV. Shame on NBC for even bringing this little brat and bitch mom back on tv.
Fake Sneeze Girl

Anchorage, AK

#21 Dec 8, 2009
Nancy Snyderman is not even a real doctor.
ThinkTank101

Simi Valley, CA

#22 Dec 8, 2009
I say TS as well. If I sneezed that often my body would not only move but my sleeve would be at least VERY wet if not by snot but by the release of spit which everyone releases when they sneeze. No ah..ah..ah choo! Just fzzz..fzzz.fzzz.

And hicups don't compare at all, hiccups are a form of spasm and sneezing is a function of irration, kinda like this garbage being shown on tv all the time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Rules For Virginia Sex Offenders? (Nov '07) Dec '13 Robert 104
Chesapeake fight warning didn't reach area offi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Wake up 1
Va. GOP nominee compares Planned Parenthood to KKK (May '13) May '13 Your Ex 7
DMV to Iraq veteran: "ICUHAJI" vanity plate enc... (Feb '13) Feb '13 TN Reader 5
Chesapeake Selling Assets (May '12) Jun '12 Bama McCall 6
Police report: 67 gangs active in Norfolk (Feb '08) Apr '12 Fly a kite 27
Eastern Kanawha fire departments make up (Feb '11) Jan '12 Really 31

Chesapeake People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE