Department of Environmental Quality a...

Department of Environmental Quality addresses Chesapeake residents'...

There are 2 comments on the WTKR story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Department of Environmental Quality addresses Chesapeake residents'.... In it, WTKR reports that:

Some Chesapeake residents say the Department of Environmental Quality isn't doing enough to protect them.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTKR.

Chuckles

Richmond, VA

#1 Sep 14, 2010
Dissipitate...not a word. She should put down her mop and hand sanitizer and pick up some chemistry and english classes at TCC.
Nakedtruth4u

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Sep 15, 2010
A bunch of grandstanders is what this whole fiasco was about. What from I've read and from news accounts, there really wasn't anyone there who genuinely is concerned about environmental matters -- just people with an agenda. Ted Yoakim, the head lawyer for the golf course folks, and Robin Whitaker Pierce, the woman who never saw a TV camera she didn't like, were both there to drum up support for their ever weakening lawsuit. The judge has thrown out 10 of their 12 allegations as lacking any credibility. As I recall, the EPA did testing for more than two years and found nothing, nada, in the form of water contamination. Without any evidence of contamination, what's left of their lawsuit? These people have been snookered; lives sent in a tailspin because the city of Chesapeake didn't know what they were doing when they botched the original testing and the Pilot sensationalized it. From that point, it snowballed. If there's arsenic in their well water, where's the beef? Yea, I know. It's a conspiracy!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police report: 67 gangs active in Norfolk (Feb '08) Jul '16 pkpkpkpk Boy 29
News Va. GOP nominee compares Planned Parenthood to KKK (May '13) Jun '16 New World Order 9
News New Rules For Virginia Sex Offenders? (Nov '07) Dec '13 Robert 104
News Chesapeake fight warning didn't reach area offi... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Wake up 1
News DMV to Iraq veteran: "ICUHAJI" vanity plate enc... (Feb '13) Feb '13 TN Reader 5
News Chesapeake Selling Assets (May '12) Jun '12 Bama McCall 6
News Eastern Kanawha fire departments make up (Feb '11) Jan '12 Really 31
More from around the web