Hallmark TV | Ready for the fight ahead: Popular channel is looking for clout

There are 10 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Mar 28, 2007, titled Hallmark TV | Ready for the fight ahead: Popular channel is looking for clout. In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

“It says, 'The Hallmark channel is about hearth and home.”

Henry Schleiff, chief executive officer of the company that operates the Hallmark Channel, says the ratings-rich, family-friendly cable channel isn't getting its due respect.

But Schleiff has a message for the cable and satellite companies that distribute the channel: 'I'm here to sell insurance -- pay what I want now or pay more later.'

What Schleiff is alluding to is that while the Hallmark Channel consistently ranks in the top 10 among all advertising-supported cable channels, it gets paltry per-subscriber fees from distributors compared with other channels with comparable ratings. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

LEE WILSON

Batavia, IL

#1 Jul 15, 2007
HOW CAN WE FIND OUT WHEN THE REPLAY OF "AVENGING ANGEL" PART TWO IS GOING TO BE PLAYED?
Tony Aquilano

AOL

#2 Jul 22, 2007
When are you going to continue showing the JANE DOE stories? They are fabulous
vjfkdsb n

Encinitas, CA

#3 Jul 28, 2007
HI YALL
Madelaine Perkins

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Jul 30, 2007
Why have you stopped closed captioning? Is cable TV exempt from the law requiring it?
Burgers

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Jul 30, 2007
What happened to my favorite show? MASH
c j swartz

Cedar Park, TX

#6 Sep 13, 2007
what has happened to "walker, texas ranger?" i can't find it anywhere..
rgrover

United States

#7 Sep 16, 2007
I grew up watching Matlock, Murder She Wrote, Colombo, etc. now you have added them again in place of some good shows. I know that you don't care but you have lost a viewer. I sure don't want to watch them again!!!!!!!!
tthomastw

Concord, MA

#8 May 22, 2009
5/21/09...they did it AGAIN!

2 months ago I was getting my DEPENDABLE daily
FIX of heart warming, sentimental "Little house on the Prairie" episodes, set in olden days, where earnest sincerity and kindness carried the day.

Suddenly....

I was RUDELY AMBUSHED by VULGAR substitutions of half-hour SITCOMS in the wrong time slot! I was insulted, then disgusted at being so cheated! I quit hallmark until they finally brought back "little house". NOW, WITHOUT WARNING, it's happened AGAIN!

The schedule SAYS "Little House" but it's GONE!
WHAT the F#*&????!!!!
tthomastw

Concord, MA

#9 May 22, 2009
5/22/09
STOP CHANGING your programming without warning.
My Ditect TV menue can't keep up!

Where's "Little House on the Prairie"? You LOST it
or Moved it?
Vern

Panama City, FL

#10 Feb 2, 2010
STOP messing with MASH!
It's the only on your channel worth watching.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Crown Media Holdings Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Crown Media renews with Charter Communications (Sep '08) Sep '08 Big Bear 1
News Microsites help Hallmark Channel attract viewer... (Jan '08) Jul '08 spicie 5
News Hallmark Hits Holiday Markets (Oct '06) Oct '06 Keith Knutsson 1
News Hallmark Parent Halves Value of Film Library (Aug '06) Aug '06 Janice Branagan 1
More from around the web