Report: DIA needs new eqipment to stay open during snowstorms

Full story: KUSA Denver 20
A report commissioned by Denver International Airport says the facility needs multifunction equipment that can plow, sweep and blow snow - as part of its plan to stay open during heavy storms. Full Story
Nice

Broomfield, CO

#1 Sep 6, 2007
"Eqipment" LOL
Nit Picker

Denver, CO

#2 Sep 6, 2007
Eqipment in the headline should be spelled equipment.
UGH

United States

#3 Sep 6, 2007
Can we PLEASE do a spell check? 9News does not look very professional when there are errors everyday. One from this morning was about the highway being closed "Monday morning" because of a chase on "Thursday morning". We need a new NBC station here!!
denverguy

United States

#4 Sep 6, 2007
UGH wrote:
Can we PLEASE do a spell check? 9News does not look very professional when there are errors everyday. One from this morning was about the highway being closed "Monday morning" because of a chase on "Thursday morning". We need a new NBC station here!!
Really doesn't bode well.....I mean honestly. I get text messages from my 11 year old neice that are spelled correctly.
Useless money

Richmond, VA

#5 Sep 6, 2007
Of course they need more money. What "commissioned" report would ever conclude differently? Heated garages? How about when you need them you fire them up and get moving. Why waste taxpayers' money so steel and rubber machines can be nice and comfy while sitting idle all but 2-3 days a year?
ah no

Denver, CO

#6 Sep 6, 2007
All weather airport....
ha ha ha ha ha

Since: Aug 07

Parker, CO

#7 Sep 6, 2007
Oh-- it's all weather allright. It's just that the planes aren't,... and the concessions,... and the employees,... well you get the point. 5 billion doesn't buy what it used to.
You Betcha

Boulder, CO

#8 Sep 6, 2007
I can smell a tax rate hike comming!!!!!!!!
Some Guy from Glenwood

United States

#9 Sep 6, 2007
Thank God for management consultants. Their ability to grasp the obvious by the horns (at $250 per hour, per person) never ceases to amaze me.
Some Guy from Glenwood

United States

#10 Sep 6, 2007
Looks like Colleen just changed it so it is spelled correctly. Gee, that only took two hours to fix!

Woot! We're laughing, erhhmm, with you. Yeah, that's right!!
Some Guy from Glenwood

United States

#11 Sep 6, 2007
Oops. Not fixed yet!
how much

Golden, CO

#12 Sep 6, 2007
Wonder how much this study cost? I could have made this determination about February of this year. Now that most of the dry season has been squandered away we will likely have to buy the equipment at just the wrong time to save some money.
Little ole me

United States

#13 Sep 6, 2007
denverguy wrote:
<quoted text>
Really doesn't bode well.....I mean honestly. I get text messages from my 11 year old neice that are spelled correctly.
So what does the North of England Institute for Christian Education (neice) being 11 years old have to do with spell check? Or were you referring to your niece who is 11?:<)
Is she busy I was thinking she could do the next study for Denver. Bur since she is 11 they can only pay her $150.00 an hour!
Little ole me

United States

#14 Sep 6, 2007
Did the consultant recommend who to buy the from like his brother-in-law?
CCC

Boulder, CO

#15 Sep 7, 2007
Little ole me wrote:
<quoted text>So what does the North of England Institute for Christian Education (neice) being 11 years old have to do with spell check? Or were you referring to your niece who is 11?:<)
Is she busy I was thinking she could do the next study for Denver. Bur since she is 11 they can only pay her $150.00 an hour!
"Bur" since....?
bro

Parker, CO

#16 Sep 7, 2007
man i would love that job! we had to pull off a somthing amazing to get two bronco games ready in time and looking good and be safe! with mostly shovels and man power! no one carers about how good your eqwipment is or if you have enuff stuff to do the job. the ball is going kick off at the time given. you just have to dig deep and get the job done. thats what you are payed for!!!!!
Jaime

Arlington, TX

#17 Sep 7, 2007
The Denver Airports inadequacies run Far far greater than lack of snow removal equipment. Sure it's pretty when you take a chunk of horse maunure and cover it with frostingyou still merely have a pretty piece of crap.
John Paul

Littleton, CO

#20 Sep 7, 2007
This is too funny. DIA needs new equipment to stay open during a once every so often snow storm. The real article should be about the fact the Air Traffic Control needs new equipment to handle a simple drizzle.
mds

Denver, CO

#21 Sep 7, 2007
when DIA was built, they said over and over again that this was to be an amazing airport that would never have to close down because of weather.

what happened?
Retired Controller

Castle Rock, CO

#23 Sep 7, 2007
John Paul wrote:
This is too funny. DIA needs new equipment to stay open during a once every so often snow storm. The real article should be about the fact the Air Traffic Control needs new equipment to handle a simple drizzle.
John Paul obviously does not get out much as he does not have a clue about ATC. The US ATC system is overloaded indeed, but does a phenomenal job handling as many as 5000 flights in the air at any given time over US airspace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Critical Path Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Times-Standard Online - Timeline of Cheri Lyn M... (Jan '08) Jan '08 Leon Slanderslueth 4
More from around the web