If you're looking for customer servic...

If you're looking for customer service... don't go to the Middleton, WI Costco!

Posted in the Costco Wholesale Forum

Kim

Montello, WI

#1 May 8, 2012
Disabled couple loses membership to Costco due to alleged “saucy language”.

We had a recent encounter at the Middleton, WI Costco that ended up with us losing our membership. The bottom line is that the management I dealt with (Military Mike, Brent and Matthew) lie and don't know anything about customer service!

After being in customer service for more than 30 years, I don't quite understand how the customer is wrong; when, in fact, Military Mike chose to lie about the situation at hand. Bottom line, he should have never sold us a display model, which only had half of the pieces needed to assemble it, at full price?!?!?!?!?!

And then there's Brent, who lied about the conversation he had with my life partner. There was no cussing, no yelling and certainly no "saucy language". While I will say that my life partner was admittedly upset and that he may have raised his voice, there is no way he should not be subject to this kind of ridicule!

As far as Matthew, while he did the right thing initially by giving us a gift card; but then he, too, joined the ranks of the management liars, who basically told me our membership was revoked due to saucy language and that "management" decided to have us go our separate way rather than deal with the real issue... liars, liars, liars!!!

And, as far as management is concerned, all I see them do is text on their phones, while the member is unloading their own cart; hit up on young women rather than answering a question for a member; or, just completely walk away from a member as they are too busy doing a whole lot of nothing.

No great loss... I can find as good of items for a hell of a lot less money.

Corporate needs to keep their eyes on this store and their managers as more and more members will be saying bye, bye, due to inappropriate behavior on management's behalf in regards to serving the customer (who is supposed to always be right!)!
a fan

Mays Landing, NJ

#2 Aug 20, 2012
fyi, If this happened as you claim it would have been taken care of by Costco and you would not have to rant and rave online. PS as with all instep companys Costco management gets their corporate emails on their phones. So think before you accuse. It makes them 24 hour in touch. Are you?
Kim

Montello, WI

#3 Aug 20, 2012
This was taken care of... ONLY after I sent a letter to corporate, through the real channels, not going through the store management team! As far as them being on the phone all the time when you are at the store, there's a time and place for everything! In other words, if you see a member that needs help with anything, you drop everything and help them... not check your emails! I was in customer service for over 30+ years. You don't have to tell me how to deal with customers, nor do you have to suggest that I'm not in touch with the whole worlds operates!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Costco Wholesale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Costco Scheduling Outside of Departments Sat Kindofirritated 1
Where are new Costco's going in? (Feb '07) Jul 13 Ozell mason 5
Costco Exchange Policy on Electronics (Mar '09) Jul 11 Charla 72
Is Costco stop selling frozen orange juice? (Apr '15) Jul 2 JGW 3
News Costco readies for new opening (Dec '06) Jun '16 Icurn2000 158
Has anyone taken a trip to Italy through Costco? May '16 Anonymous 1
News Sam's Club makes personnel moves to compete wit... (Jan '10) Mar '16 ih8blacks 2
More from around the web