Online petition out to lure Costco to...

Online petition out to lure Costco to Knoxville

There are 29 comments on the WBIR-TV story from Jul 8, 2008, titled Online petition out to lure Costco to Knoxville. In it, WBIR-TV reports that:

A petition to bring a wholesale warehouse store to Knoxville is gaining ground. Knoxville native Tommy Stokes started the grassroots effort the end of June, and he's amazed by the support to bring Costco ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sillifilli

Kingsport, TN

#1 Aug 4, 2008
We would LOVE to have a Costco in Knoxville TN - preferrably on the west end - Turkey Creek area. The sooner the better!
Scott Kessler

Kingsport, TN

#2 Aug 13, 2008
Used Costco all the time in Pompano Beach FL
Leslie Kessler

Kingsport, TN

#3 Aug 13, 2008
I love Costco
Macey Kessler

Kingsport, TN

#4 Aug 13, 2008
Great Stuff
Ryan Kessler

Kingsport, TN

#5 Aug 13, 2008
Muffins are the best

“sukitnerd”

Since: May 08

Knoxville, TN

#6 Aug 13, 2008
Great, more retail. Well, if they got good products, I'll shop there.
Peppermintpatti

Seymour, TN

#7 Sep 12, 2008
I used Costco all the time when I lived in California and would love to have one closer to the people in North Knoxville, Clinton area.

“Did it on em'”

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#8 Sep 12, 2008
I wouldn't mind one in the area...nice change up from SAMS Club.

Since: Jul 08

Knoxville

#9 Sep 12, 2008
I've heard about the "treasure hunts": temporary discounts on high-end items, hidden amongst the staples. Sounds like fun.
Dandridge Dan

Knoxville, TN

#10 Sep 13, 2008
Online to petition to lure another damn commie megastore to further sweep away local business? To take the profits from those sales and relocate them in New York, chicago, etc?

Why dont you have an online petition for arsenic?

Consumerist nitwits , always thinking a mile wide and an inch deep.
kaycee

Kingsport, TN

#11 Oct 1, 2008
Tommy Stokes is a GENIUS!!!!! COSTCO is way better than Sam's Club, uh, Walmart on Steroids!!!! Knoxville needs a store that sells quality products (lots of them in bulk quantities) and a company that puts the consumer first. Sign the petition NOW!!!!!!!! Sorry there Dandridge Dan, Mom and Pop stores are things of the past. Warehouse clubs and megastores RULE!!!!!! Especially in this downward spiraling economy of today!
Xilef

Paducah, KY

#12 Jan 20, 2009
I just moved from Tampa, FL. I used to shop at Costco all the time. They have great prices and very good quality products. I hope we can have one here in Knoxville!
al peruski

Seymour, TN

#13 Mar 27, 2009
not only knoxville also sevierville . i have relocated from detroit area to sevierville and really miss costco.
asking

Franklin, TN

#14 Aug 26, 2009
Will all the products be from china ?
Will they hire illegals from Texas ?
Will they only give you 39 hrs a week, making you a part-time employee not entitled too any benifits ?
Will they hire certain ignorant people that I can't mention who you have to kiss ass just to get along with just because the government says they have too ?
will they flush the toilets straight into the river?

If they can say no to all of this then I will welcome them with open arms. But if they plan to hire illegals and sell products from china and get free water and electricity from the city I don't see the need for anymore anti-american corps
will they own the city council in a few short years
slush09

Huntsville, TN

#15 Aug 26, 2009
BRING COSTCO HERE!!!
costco fan

Vienna, VA

#16 Apr 19, 2010
well, where I live they get products from almost everyplace in the world that makes them. Food products (fresh food) is all American, tools are a mix of places, and clothing is truly across the world. they are good enviornmental stewards, and follow the laws in place here. And, their employees seem to actually know stuff about the products and their store. And like working there (even though on weekends it is hectic). One of our criteria for thinking about moving to Knoxville is the lack of the store there.
LOGIC PLEASE

Sevierville, TN

#17 Apr 19, 2010
asking wrote:
Will all the products be from china ?
Will they hire illegals from Texas ?
Will they only give you 39 hrs a week, making you a part-time employee not entitled too any benifits ?
Will they hire certain ignorant people that I can't mention who you have to kiss ass just to get along with just because the government says they have too ?
will they flush the toilets straight into the river?
If they can say no to all of this then I will welcome them with open arms. But if they plan to hire illegals and sell products from china and get free water and electricity from the city I don't see the need for anymore anti-american corps
will they own the city council in a few short years
YES to all.
Why would they do anything different than usual?
Yay Costco

Madison, AL

#18 Feb 15, 2011
I relocated here from Utah and I really miss Costco.. Sams just doesn't cut it for me.
Bevgirl

United States

#19 Feb 15, 2011
I did a paper comparing Walmart's, Sam's Club with Costco. I researched employee pay and benefits and Costco is a great place to work for both the uneducated and the individuals that have a certificate or degree. At Costco you can get health insurance after 90 days and part-time employees are included. At Walmart you must be a full time employee to qualify for health insurance, and if 32 hours a week is a requirement to b considered full time. Walmart will schedule u 31 hours.
Costco also has a union. One of the Walmart stores tried to go with a union, but when the corporate office got wind of it they closed the store claiming the store wasn't doing enough business and closed it
Bevgirl

United States

#20 Feb 15, 2011
O my point is Costco would be great for Knoxville. Where can I find the petition, I want to sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Costco Wholesale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pound of Kirkland unsalted butter NOT! (Mar '16) Nov 6 Ptice 2
Leather swivel recliner Oct '16 Cbaker 1
Costco Exchange Policy on Electronics (Mar '09) Oct '16 Samsung 74
Seniority and Scheduling (Oct '09) Sep '16 Thenena 149 21
costco $15 off via google express. code: d6ue6m3c9 Sep '16 ina 1
Forced Transfer to a new Costco warehouse? Aug '16 Distrustful 1
New products launching on Costco Jul '16 bizlady100 1
More from around the web