Butch

Sarasota, FL

#1 May 9, 2011
I keep hearing Costco is coming to sarasota with a store opening in early 2012. Any truth to it?
The General

Venice, FL

#2 Jun 24, 2011
True, they got demolition permits this week to demolish the old Dillard's wing at Sarasota Square Mall. They will build on that site, including a gas station and such.
Melanie

Littleton, CO

#3 Jul 9, 2011
I thought that they got their permit in March and then it didn't happen. What is really going on now? Is the Dillards going to be demolished finally? Have they started yet? We are moving out to Sarasota and surely would like to know. I cannot find out any information from anyone. Thanks for your replies.
Lisa

Sarasota, FL

#4 Jul 14, 2011
Melanie wrote:
I thought that they got their permit in March and then it didn't happen. What is really going on now? Is the Dillards going to be demolished finally? Have they started yet? We are moving out to Sarasota and surely would like to know. I cannot find out any information from anyone. Thanks for your replies.
Melanie - I just moved here to Sarasota this past May and like you I have been waiting and waiting for any news on Costco. I have been to the location and no demo work has been done yet. I did hear from a local that there was some sort of snag. Apparently this Sarasota Costco location was part of a 3 location new opening deal. One being here in Sarasota, and 2 others in different States.

That's all I know so far. I wished it would open soon. I hate driving to Costco in Ft.Myers
Melanie

Littleton, CO

#5 Jul 18, 2011
Thanks for answering Lisa. We are so ready to move there. I wish I new what is happening with the property there at the mall. What is the hold up? My husband has worked for the company for 25 years and he is ready to be transferred. Does anyone know when the Sarasota Costco is going to open or start the demolishion of the Dillards at Westfield Mall? Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Costco Wholesale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Future Growth Prospects For Costco 11 hr jose concepcion 1
Costco Exchange Policy on Electronics (Mar '09) Jan 18 Poop 65
Costco Is A Stronger Than Expected Winner In Th... Jan 16 Target closes Can... 1
cart pushing injury Jan 16 carlosrickshaw 2
Costco steals (Jul '08) Jan 10 Theo 13
Costco gas prices are bull sht, why are we payi... (Apr '14) Jan 2 toolguy 2
Costco Tire Center lost my wheel caps Dec '14 Lost Wheels 1
More from around the web