Victim revealed: Officials identify m...

Victim revealed: Officials identify man killed in Friday's well...

There are 16 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Sep 16, 2008, titled Victim revealed: Officials identify man killed in Friday's well.... In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

The 21-year-old man killed in a nitrogen explosion at a ConocoPhillips well site east of Aztec last Friday was identified as Presten Mitcham, of Fort Mohave, Ariz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

Hillbilly

United States

#1 Sep 16, 2008
Bless you young man, and a sense of empathy to all of his kin.
Amity

Albuquerque, NM

#2 Sep 16, 2008
Such a tragedy. If any family members are reading this my heart goes out to you and i am praying God to give you strength to endure this.
just me

Tuba City, AZ

#3 Sep 16, 2008
condolences to family of this young man. It does not feel good to lose someone so close and will take a long time for healing....God Bless you all
Me in Farmington

Albuquerque, NM

#4 Sep 18, 2008
God Bless the family and friends of Preston Mitcham,Our deepest sympathy.You are all in our hearts and prayers.
Kac

Bullhead City, AZ

#5 Sep 18, 2008
This was a wonderful young man that made better choices than many adults he will be greatly missed. The family has an email for condolences set up it is: [email protected]
Harry Mitchell

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Sep 19, 2008
I was one of three supervisors who interviewed Presten the day he came to Farmington looking for a job. The things he said that day will stay with me all my life. He was the type of person that is so very rare these days, I will never forget him. All of his family and friends should be very proud of this young man. He was truly an exceptional human being anyone would be fortunate to have known. I am confident God has welcomed him home.
Austin Baldwin

United States

#7 Nov 24, 2008
I remember going quail hunting with my cosine presten and we walked together for about a mile and he held all my birds for me and talked to me about things that only he would talk about. I loved him very much
2nd cosine Austin Baldwin
Mandy Evans

Bullhead City, AZ

#8 Nov 26, 2008
In absolutely every memory I have of Presten there was not one in which he did not have a smile on his face. Candid or otherwise, and I think that speaks volumes of his character and what a blessing he was on this earth.

1st cousin's wife
Austin Baldwin

United States

#9 Nov 27, 2008
September 12, 2008 something happened that was about to change my life. It was a Friday after noon when i had just gotten out of school i was at home sitting on the couch when my uncle called. He started the conversation by saying Demi we need to talk. I said ok and that's when it happened he said Presten is dead after that moment my mind was blank i couldn't hear or feel anything i was balling and i heard my uncle say something about nitrogen but i just kept crying.

After everything had calmed down i actually heard the real story and of course it made me cry even more but by that time we were on our way to needles for the funeral. I kept trying to remember things about but nothing came to mind except one night when i was laying in my bed.

It was 2 or 3 years ago when we went to Prescott for our family Reunion and i was not feeling well but i was staying in a cabin with Presten, Grandma Sue, Amer, Justin and a whole bunch of other people and it was 9 at night when we were all getting ready for bed i remember that i was making fun of Presten saying Presten Prescott sounds like your name and we were both laughing but now that i think about it it really wasn't that funny the only reason he laughed was to make me not think about my stomach hurting...

we all went to bed and suddenly at like 2 in the morning my aunt amber dogs started barking i woke up to find bed bugs a type of flea was ever were everyone except presten was up so i had to go wake him he was wear gray or silver basketball shorts and the had blood all over them.

just to let you no i still wasn't feeling good and we had to walk and be moved to collage dorms and i was so sick so presten carried me the whole way when we got there i ran to the bath room and started throwing up all the sudden i hear foot steps but i was so sick i didn't look back somebody grabbed my hair so i didn't get anything on it and i looked back and presten was there with a towel and water.

later on we had to spray everything with bug spray and i had a feather pillow i just loved and they said i had to throw it away i was not happy at all because it was my favorite so presten washed it and dried it for me.

At that time i didn't really understand everything but he did so much to help when i was sick. that was something he always did was help other people i wish i had told him i loved him because i do i love him so much and it really just goes to show you is say what you feel because you may never have a second chance.

Presten always had a smile on and i want to be like him for the rest of my life. Still i don't understand why god would want to take somebody like him out of our lives but now he will always be watching over us and that makes me feel so much better because now im not afraid to face people when there trying to put me down or when somebody says something mean to me im not afraid to tell them that hurts my feelings and its all because of presten i no that he will protect us all and he is always with us so this isn't good bye to Presten its simply Hello. So remember smile.
Demi Stacey

United States

#10 Nov 27, 2008
September 12, 2008 something happened that was about to change my life. It was a Friday after noon when i had just gotten out of school i was at home sitting on the couch when my uncle called. He started the conversation by saying Demi we need to talk. I said ok and that's when it happened he said Presten is dead after that moment my mind was blank i couldn't hear or feel anything i was balling and i heard my uncle say something about nitrogen but i just kept crying.

After everything had calmed down i actually heard the real story and of course it made me cry even more but by that time we were on our way to needles for the funeral. I kept trying to remember things about but nothing came to mind except one night when i was laying in my bed.

It was 2 or 3 years ago when we went to Prescott for our family Reunion and i was not feeling well but i was staying in a cabin with Presten, Grandma Sue, Amer, Justin and a whole bunch of other people and it was 9 at night when we were all getting ready for bed i remember that i was making fun of Presten saying Presten Prescott sounds like your name and we were both laughing but now that i think about it it really wasn't that funny the only reason he laughed was to make me not think about my stomach hurting...

we all went to bed and suddenly at like 2 in the morning my aunt amber dogs started barking i woke up to find bed bugs a type of flea was ever were everyone except presten was up so i had to go wake him he was wear gray or silver basketball shorts and the had blood all over them.

just to let you no i still wasn't feeling good and we had to walk and be moved to collage dorms and i was so sick so presten carried me the whole way when we got there i ran to the bath room and started throwing up all the sudden i hear foot steps but i was so sick i didn't look back somebody grabbed my hair so i didn't get anything on it and i looked back and presten was there with a towel and water.

later on we had to spray everything with bug spray and i had a feather pillow i just loved and they said i had to throw it away i was not happy at all because it was my favorite so presten washed it and dried it for me.

At that time i didn't really understand everything but he did so much to help when i was sick. that was something he always did was help other people i wish i had told him i loved him because i do i love him so much and it really just goes to show you is say what you feel because you may never have a second chance.

Presten always had a smile on and i want to be like him for the rest of my life. Still i don't understand why god would want to take somebody like him out of our lives but now he will always be watching over us and that makes me feel so much better because now im not afraid to face people when there trying to put me down or when somebody says something mean to me im not afraid to tell them that hurts my feelings and its all because of presten i no that he will protect us all and he is always with us so this isn't good bye to Presten its simply Hello. So remember smile.

2nd cousin
more coffee please

AOL

#11 Nov 28, 2008
I doesn't make things easier,since you have lost someone you love, but you have some awesome memories of your couin. Think of those and cherish what a wonderful guy he was.
Wade Evans

Bullhead City, AZ

#12 Dec 1, 2008
Presten will never be forgotten. This was a young man that was way ahead of his age. He always went out of his way to help people. Every time I saw him he was ear to ear with that smile I will never forget. He loved his family more than words can express.
A week before the accident I was in Mohave Valley watching my nephew's high school football game when somebody patted me on the back. It was Presten coming to the game (and he was not a football guy) to see a cousin of ours that was there visiting from Indiana. There was about 10 or 15 family members there and Presten made sure he gave every one of them a hug and visited with every one of them.
He will always be remembered by me as a loving, caring young man that no matter who he was with, he would make them feel so comfortable just as if they were his best friend.
We love and miss you, Presten.
Wade Evans

Bullhead City, AZ

#13 Dec 1, 2008
1st cousin
Blake Baldwin

United States

#14 Dec 3, 2008
looking back on all the times with presten i honestly can say i do not remember one time seeing him with out a smile..i dont remember being around him not witnessing him help someone, it didnt matter who it was with, or what it was you knew presten would be right their..he was the family guy the one you looked around and said man whos presten visiting with now, the one you heard stories about and thought to yourself no someone just wouldnt do that, it didnt seem to matter where i caught myself around him i found him bein polite helpful and jus flat out loving to ne one and every one around. we love and miss you presten
Blake Baldwin, 2nd cousin
Diana Baldwin

United States

#15 Dec 3, 2008
First of all I want to say Presten we love,loved and will always love You. You were the glue that help keep this family together while you were here and will the be the glue that helps keep this family close for many years to come. We were so blessed to have you in our lives for 21 short years, the amazing thing was in the short 21 years you touched so many hearts and help change people in so many great ways, the best part about it you would not ever tried to change anyone but people wanted to be better because your kind heart and giving personality,and that smile now that was contagious!!!!I will never forget that night you called me and asked if I would help you get some donations so you could go to Australia,I said i will be over tomorrow after work and I have a couple of hot spots to take you to. Me not being a person of the bar life, but knowing lots of people, knew there were a few people that loved to help kids in sports at this so famous bar called The Red Dog. We pulled up and I said come on Presten lets go, You looked at me and said OH DIANA my mom is going to kill me or you or may be both of us. we went in and came out with 200 dollars I said well that's going to be a little easier to break the news to your mom and grandma now isn't it? We laughed and laughed. I was so proud of your accomplishment of going to Australia, but it didn't surprise me you were the hardest working young man i have seen,and when you set your mind to something there was nothing that could stop you. You were the most appreciative person I think I have ever known no matter the size of something someone did for you, you made them feel so great about it. The day we threw you a graduation party you were so excited and I told Mike have you ever seen such an appreciative kid. Another very bright memory I have is how wonderful you were to our Grandma. I never caught you saying a harsh thing and you always were giving her that little smiling look you had with a hug to go with it. I still have days I just cant talk about you without cryng, but for the most part I say your name and it reminds me to smile and love life. Thank You Presten for all the great memories... I feel for the people that never got the chance to have you in there lives..As for us we may be better,kinder, and more loving people just because of you.. Again Thank You!!!! And I will always love you. We miss you more than words can ever say, and you will never be forgotten...
Demi Stacey

Carlsbad, CA

#16 Jan 4, 2009
I no i already posted somthing but recently i have been in arguements with my best friend. I was getting so overwhelmed with it i couldnt take it so one day while i was crying in my room i heard something like sombody whisphering at the time i couildnt tel who it was but they just kept saying everything happens for a reason. I belive that it was presten with every inch of my heart i often look up at the sky and see his smile and i always ask him what the rigt thing to do is> I may not have relized it before but he awnsered all of my questions in some random way u wouldnt exspect. No i didnt no Presten well but the times i did talk to him were like we lived together. Ive told some people that hes awnsered me and they tell me its immpossible and my response to that is nothing is impossible it you belive it can happen. I will never forget all the things presten has done for me and i no nobody else that i no can forget them either. When ever i come up to needles becuase i live down in carlsbad i love the first time i get out of the car when the wind blows in my face nobody else can feel it because theres no wind blowing but i belive its presten there just welcoming me to needles eventually when i grow up i will move there so i can be close to everybody that was close to him and for everybody that asks me why i love needles theres your awnser becuase there i feel like othing bad will happen becuase presten is always there guideing me throw everything......

2nd Cousin Demi Stacey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ConocoPhillips Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Part 3: Multiple Blows (Apr '12) May 20 USS LIBERTY 10
News ConocoPhillips: Dividend Obsession Hurts The Co... (Jul '15) Jul '15 UnCoverUp 1
News Bankrupt gasoline distributor's ex-president sa... (May '09) Jun '15 slappy 133
News Two oil companies fined millions for waste viol... (May '15) May '15 Fertilizing Divid... 1
News Benefits of Turbo tax. (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laureen Barger 1
News Iran Wants U.S. Firms to Develop Oil Fields (Dec '13) Dec '13 Pic 3
Union 76 oil (Mar '06) Oct '13 Dean Sullivan 15
More from around the web