Top court to toughen sea pollution penalties

Aug 24, 2011 Full story: People's Daily Online

The country's top court plans to improve rules and regulations to better handle rising disputes over marine pollution, a senior judge has said.

Full Story
Dwight Baker

Eagle Pass, TX

#1 Aug 25, 2011
ConocoPhillips said on Monday that it is working with marine experts to assess the impact on the environment.
My take
Dwight Baker
August 25, 2011
Dbaker22@stx.rr.com
To produce the truth one must have trust in those empowered to find then reveal the facts. That is what is lacking when dealing with BIG OIL. They hold the keys to all that has gone on and they are not about to tell the truth.
Reading between the lines of what has been said about this and that the only real and tangible co conclusions are:
1. The company had contaminated drilling oil based mud that needed to be discarded.
2. Thus someone with the company thought it time wise prudent to pump the oil based mud down to a connection of the back side of the well head into the casing string that had been cemented.
3. To hopefully find a way in zones where it could find a home.
4. But instead the mud found a way back to the bottom of the bay in a fifty-foot circumference from the well.
5. Now what caused it to do that? Is the question only the company can answer?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ConocoPhillips Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benefits of Turbo tax. (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laureen Barger 1
Iran Wants U.S. Firms to Develop Oil Fields (Dec '13) Dec '13 Pic 3
Union 76 oil (Mar '06) Oct '13 Dean Sullivan 15
Industry Touts Major Mancos Shale Play: Estimat... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Ford 1
EPA highlights San Juan Basin polluters (Feb '13) Feb '13 PHD 19
ConocoPhillips layoffs under way in Bartlesvill... (Apr '09) Feb '13 Cross Timbers Woman 9
UPDATE 1-India state oil firms persist on Canad... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lamont Alberta de... 1
More from around the web