ConocoPhillips Says Profit Down 80 Pe...

ConocoPhillips Says Profit Down 80 Percent

There are 39 comments on the News on 6 Tulsa story from Apr 23, 2009, titled ConocoPhillips Says Profit Down 80 Percent. In it, News on 6 Tulsa reports that:

ConocoPhillips says its first-quarter profit tumbled 80 percent from a year ago as sharply lower crude and natural-gas prices walloped results at the nation's third-largest oil company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News on 6 Tulsa.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
junebug

Oologah, OK

#24 Apr 23, 2009
I quit buying anything from them when they moved all their employees from Bartlesville to Houston.
zzz

Bartlesville, OK

#25 Apr 23, 2009
anonymous nobody wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you mean a year and a half. When the GOP takes back Congress, we will have the BEST form of government--- a stalemate where nothing gets done to mess up what freedoms we have left!
Everyone loves a do-nothing Congress.
anonymous nobody

Elizabethtown, KY

#26 Apr 23, 2009
This is bad economic news for Oklahoma. I know some of you slept through what little economics classes you had (no, this is not home economics), but then again, you are also probably one of those whose retirement plan is to buy a lottery ticket.
him

Tulsa, OK

#27 Apr 23, 2009
anonymous nobody wrote:
This is bad economic news for Oklahoma. I know some of you slept through what little economics classes you had (no, this is not home economics), but then again, you are also probably one of those whose retirement plan is to buy a lottery ticket.
now that is funny

“Yuck!”

Since: Feb 09

Park Hill, OK

#28 Apr 23, 2009
junebug wrote:
I quit buying anything from them when they moved all their employees from Bartlesville to Houston.
They didn't move all of their employees.

“KISS ANYONE???”

Since: Aug 08

United States

#29 Apr 23, 2009
anonymous nobody wrote:
Yep Oklahoma was actually benefiting as a whole from the high oil and natural gas prices.
single parent

Tahlequah, OK

#30 Apr 23, 2009
DOWN 80%... what the f.......k, you have got to be kidding me!!! they sure didn't release all the profits last year when gas was $4.50 a gallon. WHAT was the profits up 825% but they weren't gripping about it then were they... Dewy Bartlet was saying last year how hard it was on oil producers in OK but they spend it all and didn't put anything back and planned for this rainy day did they? They should have known that one a democrat got into office than all the republicians wouldn't be in office to spread all the tax breaks to them....ERRRRRR! I didn't get any refunds for all the gallons of gas that I spend $4.50 on.....PLEASE!!!!!
single parent

Tahlequah, OK

#31 Apr 23, 2009
AMEN JUNEBUG~!!!! maybe they should let HOUSTON bail them out of this crunch!!! BUY OKLAHOMA
junebug wrote:
Do the Politician

AOL

#32 Apr 23, 2009
"The latest new dance craze is called, "The Politician." It's two steps forward, one step backward, and then a sidestep."
Coasters

United States

#33 Apr 23, 2009
I do not understand how they could have lost so much money when other oil companies made such huge profits... I wonder.... could something fishy be going on here?

“Taste the Rainbow”

Since: Jul 08

Houston, TX

#34 Apr 23, 2009
Do the Politician wrote:
"The latest new dance craze is called, "The Politician." It's two steps forward, one step backward, and then a sidestep."
Hahahahaha!!
zzz

Bartlesville, OK

#35 Apr 23, 2009
junebug wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's about the same number of Phillips jobs in Bartlesville as there was before Conoco merged.
Okie From Muskogee

Atlanta, GA

#36 Apr 23, 2009
Could someone please pass the box of Kleenex, I think I feel a tear coming on.
demokie

United States

#37 Apr 23, 2009
anonymous nobody wrote:
You gota beter one.
unmotivated31

United States

#38 Apr 23, 2009
zzz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm pretty sure he means 7. Oklahoma will be the lone state that votes for Sarah Palin in 2012 after every other state comes to the realization of the good things Obama will have done for our country.
The Sarah Palin/ Newt Gingrich ticket will win in 2012, i'm pretty sure your mistaking.....we will see......Obama just can't cut it, he flip flops more than Kerry did!

“Say it loud and proud.”

Since: Sep 08

Tulsa, OK

#39 Apr 23, 2009
And does anyone feel sorry for this? No raping the average joe at over $4.00 dollars a gallon and now that it's fairly resonable to drive they are going to complain. Please....doubt any meals are missed from the corp people.
bug

Saint Louis, MO

#40 Apr 23, 2009
zzz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm pretty sure he means 7. Oklahoma will be the lone state that votes for Sarah Palin in 2012 after every other state comes to the realization of the good things Obama will have done for our country.
what good things will obama do for us?so far nothing
him

Tulsa, OK

#42 Apr 24, 2009
swandive wrote:
And does anyone feel sorry for this? No raping the average joe at over $4.00 dollars a gallon and now that it's fairly resonable to drive they are going to complain. Please....doubt any meals are missed from the corp people.
Not to slight your plight, but I was always amused at the moaning about $4 gas. While I was in Scotland it worked out to be $9 gas. I thought we were getting a pretty good deal.
Common sense

Coweta, OK

#43 Apr 24, 2009
Mike wrote:
Maybe they could screw the public like they did last year and their profits would go up. Are we really susposed to feel sorry for them??? I don't think so!!!
Nobody screwed us as bad as our own congress and senators..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ConocoPhillips Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Part 3: Multiple Blows (Apr '12) Jan '18 KUSHNER KHAZARS 12
News This lawyer wants Big Oil to pay for climate ch... Dec '17 Show Me The Money 1
News ConocoPhillips: Dividend Obsession Hurts The Co... (Jul '15) Jul '15 UnCoverUp 1
News Bankrupt gasoline distributor's ex-president sa... (May '09) Jun '15 slappy 133
News Two oil companies fined millions for waste viol... (May '15) May '15 Fertilizing Divid... 1
News Benefits of Turbo tax. (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laureen Barger 1
News Iran Wants U.S. Firms to Develop Oil Fields (Dec '13) Dec '13 Pic 3