ConocoPhillips Says Profit Down 80 Percent

ConocoPhillips says its first-quarter profit tumbled 80 percent from a year ago as sharply lower crude and natural-gas prices walloped results at the nation's third-largest oil company. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Poor babies

Encino, CA

#1 Apr 23, 2009
Yea, it's down 80 percent from A YEAR ago, fuel prices are down 80 percent. DUH!
But the prices are about the same from oh, 2 years ago, but all they can do is whine about it
unmotivated31

United States

#3 Apr 23, 2009
I fail to understand how exxon, was it?, beat out wal-mart.......and conocophillips is losing money.....could someone please explain that one to me?
So sad

Tulsa, OK

#5 Apr 23, 2009
It must be rough to only have a net income of $840 million for the first quarter. They better start thinking of filing for bancruptcy.

“I want coffee.”

Since: Oct 08

Tulsa

#6 Apr 23, 2009
Oh that just great.....now their tax payment to the gov't will be substatially lower thus depriving the gov't with much needed revenue. Time for some kind of tax increase SOMEwhere to make up the shortfall.

/you bet sarcasm
//factual in ways

“I want coffee.”

Since: Oct 08

Tulsa

#7 Apr 23, 2009
....... 'of' ...... not 'with' ...... *gets more coffee.
Common sense

Oktaha, OK

#8 Apr 23, 2009
OkZed wrote:
Oh that just great.....now their tax payment to the gov't will be substatially lower thus depriving the gov't with much needed revenue. Time for some kind of tax increase SOMEwhere to make up the shortfall.
/you bet sarcasm
//factual in ways
What difference does it make now? Obama is giving all our money away to third world countries, while getting all cozy with our enemies. I knew he was gonna screw us!!!
mike

Talala, OK

#10 Apr 23, 2009
Hey Common Sense.........you must be a REPUBLICAN.... get use to it buddy...7 more years..
unmotivated31

United States

#11 Apr 23, 2009
mike wrote:
Hey Common Sense.........you must be a REPUBLICAN.... get use to it buddy...7 more years..
I think you mean 3!
jonesy67

Sapulpa, OK

#12 Apr 23, 2009
Let's see......Conoco/Phillips only made a pittance in comparison with last year when we were all getting sc----- without vaseline or a kiss. Now they are whining about the decline in profits. That's OK, guys, just lay off all the worker bees and keep the top echelon name droppers and be sure and give them retention bonuses and stock options and $50 million more a year to stay with the company because they and their expertise is so sorely needed. Have to keep the top people, ya know. Bite me, Conoco/Phillips, somehow I CAN'T find any sympathy for you. Sympathy for you is found between sh-- and syphillis (spelling). Ask me if I care. Guess you are not going to be bloodsucking the rest of us for a while. Oh, no, you can just figure out a way to pay even less taxes and we will get to pick up the slack. Hey, readers, remember that movie with Denzel Washington where he finally had to hold hostages to get the medical care his son had to have. Any ideas??
Mike

Tulsa, OK

#13 Apr 23, 2009
Maybe they could screw the public like they did last year and their profits would go up. Are we really susposed to feel sorry for them??? I don't think so!!!
Ron B

Broken Arrow, OK

#14 Apr 23, 2009
These guys led the way in fighting the ability for Oklahoma workers to store their guns in their personal vehicle while at work. Pardon me if I don't get worried about their loss of revenue. They lost their case, now they are losing their butts...cart wheels for everyone.
zzz

Bartlesville, OK

#15 Apr 23, 2009
unmotivated31 wrote:
<quoted text> I think you mean 3!
No, I'm pretty sure he means 7. Oklahoma will be the lone state that votes for Sarah Palin in 2012 after every other state comes to the realization of the good things Obama will have done for our country.
zzz

Bartlesville, OK

#16 Apr 23, 2009
Mike wrote:
Maybe they could screw the public like they did last year and their profits would go up. Are we really susposed to feel sorry for them??? I don't think so!!!
If you think they just pick and choose what price we pay, then why aren't we paying $4 a gallon right now?
Thirston

Mcalester, OK

#17 Apr 23, 2009
The global gun control company,,,cant feel sorry for that company.
Explanation

United States

#18 Apr 23, 2009
unmotivated31 wrote:
I fail to understand how exxon, was it?, beat out wal-mart.......and conocophillips is losing money.....could someone please explain that one to me?
It didn't say they were losing money it said there profits were less than last year. Key word Profits
dbj

Anadarko, OK

#19 Apr 23, 2009
conco phillips i hope you go bankrupt your the scum of the dog earth you should have saved the millons you spent in federal court fighting the NRA trying to take our weapons we have been shooting guns all month celebrating our victory in federal appeals court
him

Tulsa, OK

#20 Apr 23, 2009
Common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
What difference does it make now? Obama is giving all our money away to third world countries, while getting all cozy with our enemies. I knew he was gonna screw us!!!
I did think obummer was a little of his rocker when he said he was going to approach Iran with a coffee cake and make nice. I give him credit for giving it a try but it makes me wonder if he ever paid attention to what they have said about us for many many years. The Ayatollah dissed him like a punk
anonymous nobody

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Apr 23, 2009
zzz wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm pretty sure he means 7. Oklahoma will be the lone state that votes for Sarah Palin in 2012 after every other state comes to the realization of the good things Obama will have done for our country.
I'm sure you mean a year and a half. When the GOP takes back Congress, we will have the BEST form of government--- a stalemate where nothing gets done to mess up what freedoms we have left!
him

Tulsa, OK

#22 Apr 23, 2009
Mike wrote:
Maybe they could screw the public like they did last year and their profits would go up. Are we really susposed to feel sorry for them??? I don't think so!!!
I don't know if we are supposed to feel sorry for the but maybe we should feel sorry for all the folks that won't be working there anymore and the effect it will have on all the businesses that relied on them to buy things. There are several places that you can go to learn about the actual working of the industry that will be more informative than the picture the media paints.
him

Tulsa, OK

#23 Apr 23, 2009
dbj wrote:
conco phillips i hope you go bankrupt your the scum of the dog earth you should have saved the millons you spent in federal court fighting the NRA trying to take our weapons we have been shooting guns all month celebrating our victory in federal appeals court
man that makes so much sense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

ConocoPhillips Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Benefits of Turbo tax. (Dec '13) Dec '13 Laureen Barger 1
Iran Wants U.S. Firms to Develop Oil Fields (Dec '13) Dec '13 Pic 3
Union 76 oil (Mar '06) Oct '13 Dean Sullivan 15
Industry Touts Major Mancos Shale Play: Estimat... (Mar '13) Mar '13 John Ford 1
EPA highlights San Juan Basin polluters (Feb '13) Feb '13 PHD 19
ConocoPhillips layoffs under way in Bartlesvill... (Apr '09) Feb '13 Cross Timbers Woman 9
UPDATE 1-India state oil firms persist on Canad... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Lamont Alberta de... 1

ConocoPhillips People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE