RIM leads in phones letting employees use own devices on job

Jan 13, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The News Journal

Research In Motion Ltd., VMware Inc. and Red Bend Software Inc. are working to give phones a split personality, seeking an edge in the emerging market for tools that let employees use their own gadgets on the job.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Izhar

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Go rim!!!
Something good is going on in this company...
And i like it!(:
Tim

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

I've been reading up a lot on RIM news and all points to a successful launch of BB10. Can't wait until it's out because I'm getting it. I'm sure their stock price will continue to go up, probably $15 by end of January 2013.
anthony

Surabaya, Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

RIM will become huge again for these reasons:
1.the brains behind the software and interface of the new operating system and device is the co founder of QNX system that runs Blackberry etc widely acknowledged as one of the greatest OS ever developed
2. RIM has a large user base eager to change up to the new devices
3. RIM still has large cash reserves and income
4. RIM is the only phone OS officially certified for use in US government (at the moment)
5. RIM is independent of Android and Apple who are at odds with one another.
6. Apple is losing market share
7. QNX is widely used in many other operating systems such as manufacturing controls and auto industry applications, medical industry tools etc
8. Indonesia is RIM largest customer and very loyal to the Blackberry brand
9. The US has a lot of room for new phone users with only about 53% market penetration having mobile devices.. that leaves a lot of room for new customers
10. From the leaked videos of the new Z10 Blackberry the user interface, the swipe functions, the menu operations, cameras, voice commands, and browser speeds... all appear superior to Android and Apple OS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Continuity Software Discussions

Search the Continuity Software Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Google, HP and VMware Executives Join Appcelera... (Jul '12) Jul '12 Juan 1
'The PC, As We've Come To Know It, Has Become O... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Beware of False Prophets 1
•••
•••
•••
•••