DEP investigates methane contamination in 3 Susquehanna County wells
Pennsylvania environmental regulators and a gas-drilling company are investigating the source of methane that potentially contaminated three private water wells and a pond in northeastern Pennsylvania.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at PennLive.com.
#1 Aug 25, 2011
August 25, 2011
The Department of Environmental Protection confirmed Wednesday it is collecting samples from the gas wells and water wells in Lenox Township, Susquehanna County, to see if there is a match, with results expected in several weeks. No determination has been made about the source of the stray methane, according to department spokesman Daniel Spadoni.
Facts about what is going on have eluded those in charge of designing the drilling program.
I have a patent pending called the Topside Collider the right way to cement the water zone being drilled through to keep all other material and gases out.
The king pin in the Marcellus shale is Chesapeake and they have turned down the need to even look at the corrective issues in the patent.
Problems with drilling and fracking
1. Fresh water zones are protected as usual but fracking is not usual as has been done years before long horizontal drill outs.
2. Fracking is not usual any longer for now the production pipe is stretched and hammered by the high pressures upwards toward 10,000 PSI up to 15 to 20 times per drilled hole.
3. The bottom bend in the casing that goes outwards is the first to take the hammering action and as it does the cement under the pipe gives way.
4. Then as the gases begin to be produced up it goes behind the casing string into fresh water zones that were not cemented properly to begin with using the old standard ways.
5. What is the cure all for all. Do it right the first time.
Add your comments below
|Cabot Oil & Gas to Buy East Texas Assets; Bossi... (Jul '08)||Aug '14||Bryan||12|
|Dimock Water Situation Follow Up (Dec '11)||Jan '13||bigdoc||4|
|Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Announces Major Lea... (Feb '12)||Mar '12||paul shykora||4|
|Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Shares Downgraded by Simm... (Feb '12)||Feb '12||jcsal||1|
|Cabot CEO: EPA investigation of Dimock a waste (Jan '12)||Jan '12||Dwight Baker||1|
|Water delivered to Pa. village with tainted wells (Jan '12)||Jan '12||Dwight Baker||1|
|Cabot Oil & Gas (COG) Given "Neutral" Rating by... (Jan '12)||Jan '12||Dwight Baker||1|
Find what you want!
Search Cabot Oil and Gas Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC