Developer lays out plans for Joliet intermodal center
Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Southtown News.
#1 Jul 9, 2008
They have paid off all the potiticians Dick Turbin Durbin, Osama Obama, Wonderful Weller & more and rammed this thing down our throat to create $15hr jobs for illegal shipping clerks.
#3 Jul 19, 2008
Joliet Resident Taxpayers Will Pay For Intermodal
I would like to address all the smoke and mirrors on the Intermodal issues south of Joliet, I say smoke and mirrors for the reason of that’s what it is, a diversion to draw public attention away from the facts. It is estimated that in a short period of approximately three year the area resident property tax assessed value multiplier could double due to the Intermodal, How, you ask?
While all the attention is drawn on property securment and zoning for the developer, Centerpoint, Special Interest Railroad Lobbyist are in Springfield proposing to change Illinois Statue on Municipal Code issues of railroad dissolution or de-annexation from a municipality, I refer to Illinois pending and proposed legislation SB 2356, Now that being a mouthful to comprehend, I will explain in steps how this will transpire.
1) The City of Joliet goes ahead without any further research and approves the plans for the developer, Centerpoint,
2) The City of Joliet will need money to furnish water, sewer, police, fire services roads, lighting and other infrastructure projects to accommodate the developer, Centerpoint
3) The city of Joliet will sell municipal bonds to raise the capital, the developer assures high tax revenue returns for the city; keep in mind that the City of Joliet must pay back, with interest, said bond money.
4) Centerpoint completes rail portion on project in a two to three year time frame.
5) Developer hands possession and keys over to railroad, in this case Union Pacific.
6) At that time rail road, Union Pacific dissolves annexation on the basis that the railroad is exempt from property taxes by both state statue and congressional rulings; this is due to the railroad being federally subsidized. Here is where the taxpayer gets hit.
7) Joliet Municipal bonds mature, there is no property tax revenue from the railroad to assist in the payback of bonds, Joliet of City services to residence are cut due to city deficit, the city falls into disarray, Now, the already finically strapped city has limited recourse, you know and so do I that the first place the city will look for as a bailout will be the Resident Property Tax Multiplier. You will pay the bill!
If you feel the above writing is conjecture or assumed, make reference to Cities and Cobb County Versus Norfolk Southern; Atlanta, Ga. http://www.ble.org/pr/archive/headline011601b...
I will be posting periodical articles on certain community/railroad concerns,“The Safety and Security of Our Community”,“Federal Railroad Hazardous Materials Regulations or The Lack of Regulation, Yet Another Exception”, for the Union supporters, of which I am,“Rite to Work Act”, Who Sponsored this Legislation in Other States and Why?”,“Local Government/Centerpoint /Union Pacific Accountability and What Can Residents Do”. I will end the segments with,“Don’t Scream Corruption, Let the United States District Attorneys Office Investigate”
In closing this first article, I understand that the City of Joliet gave a bus tour of the proposed and effected area, Shouldn’t that bus tour been of Gary, Ind, Ford Heights, Il., or at least the existing rail yards in Chicago?
Hope to see all parties of concern at City Meeting, July 29th , 6 p.m.
Assumed Pen Name
#4 Mar 24, 2009
I am Joseph from London.
[url=http://www.trainwithmeonl ine.com]workout plans[/url]
Add your comments below
|Have school, will travel (Jun '10)||Jun '10||Vote||5|
|Port privatization bid moves forward (Mar '09)||Mar '09||Retired Too||2|
|Development firm proposes $8.9 billion deal to ... (Mar '09)||Mar '09||Think about this||6|
|Developer wants to operate Virginia ports (Mar '09)||Mar '09||Hey||2|
|Developer preparing multi-billion dollar plan t... (Mar '09)||Mar '09||Bernie Marchand||8|
|Sale of operating rights faces hurdles (Mar '09)||Mar '09||Bernie Marchand||1|
|Multi-billion offer on ports expected today (Mar '09)||Mar '09||Bernie Marchand||1|
Find what you want!
Search Centerpoint Properties Trust Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC