10 Worst Insurance Companies for Cons...

10 Worst Insurance Companies for Consumers Ranked; No. 1, 3, 4 and ...

There are 36 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Apr 20, 2010, titled 10 Worst Insurance Companies for Consumers Ranked; No. 1, 3, 4 and .... In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

The American Association for Justice has recently released a report entitled The Ten Worst Insurance Companies in America .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
layla fanucci

Napa, CA

#1 May 13, 2010
Below, the song I wrote about our 14 year fight with allstate insurance company.
Let's expose this criminal insurance company and hold them accountable.
Layla Fanucci
For full story contact me at:
www.laylafanucci.com
http://www.youtube.com/laylafanucci2
layla fanucci

Napa, CA

#2 May 16, 2010
Born Loser

Huntsville, AL

#4 Jun 19, 2010
Farmer's Insurance just broke one off in me.
Bub-ber

Daphne, AL

#5 Jun 19, 2010
Born Loser wrote:
Farmer's Insurance just broke one off in me.
I just love plain english.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#6 Jun 19, 2010
They all suck !!!!

“ Soon: too late to protest”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#7 Jun 24, 2010
From the article (sometimes the links expire)
"The 10 worst insurance companies that made the list did so because of their shameful treatment of policyholders. As the study shows, Allstate's Your in Good Hands' motto only applies if you don't make a claim," Vance said.

10 Worst Insurance Companies for Consumers
1. Allstate (NYSE: ALL) set the standard for insurance company greed and placing profits over policyholders. Allstate contracted with consulting giant McKinsey & Co. in the mid-1990s to systematically force consumers to accept lowball claims or face its "boxing gloves," an aggressive strategy designed to deny claims at any cost. One Allstate employee reported that supervisors told agents to lie and blame fires on arson, and in turn, were rewarded with portable fridges.
2. Unum (NYSE: UNM)- Unum's actions are even more shameful considering the type of insurance it sells: disability. Unum's behavior was epitomized when it denied the claim of a woman with multiple sclerosis for three years, stating her conditions were "self-reported," contrary to doctors' evaluations. In 2005, Unum agreed to a settlement with insurance commissioners from 48 states over their practices.
3. AIG (NYSE: AIG)- The world's biggest insurer, AIG's slogan was "we know money." AIG, described by commentators as "the new Enron," has engaged in massive corporate fraud and claims abuses. In 2006, the company paid $1.6 billion to settle a host of charges.
4. State Farm - State Farm is notorious for its deny and delay tactics, and like Allstate, hired McKinsey consultants. State Farm's true motives became apparent during Hurricane Katrina; for example, it employed multiple engineering firms until they could deny the claims of the Nguyen family of Mississippi. In April 2007, State Farm agreed to re-evaluate more than 3,000 Hurricane Katrina claims.
5. Conseco (NYSE: CNO)- Conseco sells long-term care policies, typically to the elderly. Amongst its egregious behavior, the insurer "made it so hard to make a claim that people either died or gave up," said a former Conseco-subsidiary agent. Former Conseco executives were fined when they admitted to filing misleading financial statements with regulators.
6. WellPoint (NYSE: WLP)- Health insurer WellPoint has a long history of putting profits ahead of policyholders. For instance, California fined a WellPoint subsidiary in March 2007 after an investigation revealed that the insurer routinely canceled policies of pregnant women and chronically ill patients.
(next post)

Location hidden

#8 Jun 24, 2010
7. Farmers - Swiss-owned Farmers Insurance Group consistently ranks at or near the bottom of homeowner satisfaction surveys, and for good reason. For example, Farmers had an incentive program called "Quest for Gold" that offered pizza parties to its adjusters that met low claims payments goals. Like Allstate, it also hired the McKinsey consultants.

8. UnitedHealth (NYSE: UNH)- The SEC opened an investigation into former UnitedHealth CEO William McGuire for stock backdating, which ultimately led to his ouster in 2006 and returning $620 million in stock gains and retirement compensation. Physicians have also reported that their reimbursements are so low and delayed by the company that patient health is being compromised.

9. Torchmark (NYSE: TMK)- According to Hoover's In-Depth Company Records, Torchmark's very origins were little more than a scam devised to enrich its founder, Frank Samford. Torchmark has preyed on low-income Southern residents and charged minority policyholders more than whites on burial policies.

10. Liberty Mutual - Like Allstate and State Farm, Liberty Mutual hired consulting giant McKinsey to adopt aggressive tactics. Liberty's tactics were highlighted when a New York couple's insurance was "nonrenewed" by Liberty, even though they lived 12 miles from the coast and never experienced weather-related flooding.

To see how consumers can hold the insurance industry accountable and view a full copy of the study, visit (next post)

Location hidden

#9 Jun 24, 2010
http://www.justice.org/docs/TenWorstInsurance...

The American people wouldn't be having any of those problems if they did more than just complain all their lives.
If you don't act now, to force the government to obey the will of the people, you deserve everything they do to you:
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/T5VDVLD7BH6JTTN...
especially post 83
born loser

Huntsville, AL

#11 Jun 28, 2010
Protester wrote:
http://www.justice.org/docs/TenWorstInsurance...
The American people wouldn't be having any of those problems if they did more than just complain all their lives.
If you don't act now, to force the government to obey the will of the people, you deserve everything they do to you:
http://www.topix.com/forum/us/T5VDVLD7BH6JTTN...
especially post 83
WOW!!! Thanks for all this great info. I see mine is one of the less trustworthy too! Farmers was actually affiliated with a fellow who hit me and they wouldn't completely cover the bill.
Jim M

Huntsville, AL

#12 Jun 28, 2010
My wife before we married had Farmers in TX there for about 10 yrs. An illegal (Korean) immigrant hit her at 60 mph while she was stopped at an stoplight from behind and left the scene of the accident. She was knocked unconscious from the accident and her car totalled. Farmers cancelled her insurance after this claim. She had never filed a claim during the 10 yrs she had paid premiums and they cancelled after an accident that she was not reponsible for in any way. That is defitely a poor company to cancel someone with no claims for 10 yrs and then after an accident that they didn't cause. They shouldn't be allowed to be in business at all.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 29, 2010
Jim M wrote:
My wife before we married had Farmers in TX there for about 10 yrs. An illegal (Korean) immigrant hit her at 60 mph while she was stopped at an stoplight from behind and left the scene of the accident. She was knocked unconscious from the accident and her car totalled. Farmers cancelled her insurance after this claim. She had never filed a claim during the 10 yrs she had paid premiums and they cancelled after an accident that she was not reponsible for in any way. That is defitely a poor company to cancel someone with no claims for 10 yrs and then after an accident that they didn't cause. They shouldn't be allowed to be in business at all.
The government won't touch them, in spite of all the FELONIES they commmit, both in court and out, so the only way to protect ourselves is to WORK and make this happen:(see previous link)
DUH

Warrior, AL

#14 Jul 3, 2010
Allsnake Allsnake Allsnake

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#15 Jul 3, 2010
Guide One Ins.(Iowa) thoroughly searches your past, your family, your personal records, including any time you visited a counselor, etc. and uses all that information to sabotage your case, even though it has absolutely nothing to do with the facts.
They used a comment made by a preschooler to demonize a child victim of ongoing physical and psychological abuse at Baptist school, like badgering a rape victim for not being a virgin abducted from a convent.
There‘s a lot more, including manipulation of, and destruction of evidence and depositions. They refused to settle out of court because they knew they could break all those laws and never be prosecuted. They never would have taken a chance otherwise.
Guide One executives, attorneys, employees, and clients will never be prosecuted in Iowa, or CA, even though they’ve committed hundreds of felonies. No DA or attorney general in either Iowa or CA would touch them.
They won the case because they used so many lies, and destroyed the evidence which would have proven the truth, that they were able to convince 10 retarded jurors in CA that the child somehow deserved to be repeatedly attacked. They even admitted in testimony that the child did nothing to provoke any attack.
The worst attacker’s mother, Grider, worked at the school, and knew he’d get away with all his violent assaults. The local Baptist ministers defended the school. The school had a bad reputation in the community because people knew what was going on, but they all looked the other way. That’s typical of Mendocino Co.
Guide One also insures summer camps and senior residences - places where those who are vulnerable need to be protected.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#16 Jul 3, 2010
Their attorney for all that was Steven Bangerter, Oakland, CA.
The Standard Insurance

AOL

#17 Jul 4, 2010
Is the most disgusting filthy collection of useless human beings there is. I would not live in a state that hosted that lousy company. They have done more harm to Americans by their greedy grimy business practices.
The Standard is a business that needs to be shut down, prosecuted, and eliminated.
Dumplin

Huntsville, AL

#18 Jul 4, 2010
They know they've got you by the nads and they're gonna squeeze 'em for all they're worth.

Huntsville, AL

#19 Jul 5, 2010
my car was hit in the rear end and totaled by a MACH truck. I was charged with the wreck. We both had State Farm insurance. My agent gave me no support, he said I must have been going to slow (the legal speed limit). There is no way to win.
swolen sphincter

Huntsville, AL

#20 Jul 5, 2010
Farmers will send you about 80% of what they owe you on a check that expires in a couple of months and has "cashing this check absolves Fasrmers Insurance of any further payments". Then they'll just refuse to answer your calls till you have to cash it.
snake eyes

Huntsville, AL

#21 Jul 7, 2010
Alstate. Am I in good hands?

Location hidden

#22 Jul 10, 2010
If you are truly interested in controlling insurance companies, then you would have joined with others, using the information I already posted.

If you just skipped by it, you're destined to be a pathetic loser all your life, and you are to blame for the power the parasitic insurance companies have.
YOU are the reason that the most corrupt insurance companies are the ones that are the most profitable. The masses CHOOSE to be ignorant, and live in poverty and to suffer.

FACT: The American people are too gutless to prosecute crimes committed by insurance companies, so the only choice left is to take away their power to continue to victimize us.
(next post)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Conseco Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 10 Worst Insurance Companies for Consumers Rank... (Aug '10) Sep '10 Marvin Peters 2
News 10 Worst Insurance Companies for Consumers Rank... (Jul '10) Aug '10 been there 4
News 10 Worst Insurance Companies for Consumers Rank... (Dec '09) Mar '10 Saloth Sar 16
News Conseco shares tank on loss (Mar '09) Mar '09 Former Employee 1
News Two arrested in Carmel prostitution bust (Sep '08) Oct '08 Barb 137
News Chicago man held in prostitution sting (Sep '08) Oct '08 ObamaDidIt 2
News Conseco Names New Pres. for Conseco Ins. Group (Mar '08) Sep '08 Lukito Surabaya 7
More from around the web