CN move worries foes

CN move worries foes

There are 6 comments on the The SouthtownStar story from Sep 1, 2009, titled CN move worries foes. In it, The SouthtownStar reports that:

Opponents of increasing suburban rail traffic are concerned that Canadian National Railway may be opening the door to running more trains along the former EJ&E rail line than the railroad initially projected.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The SouthtownStar.

Since: Nov 07

Detroit, MI

#1 Sep 1, 2009
Nice move Elliot. Good way to tick off the rest of the STB...rose colored glasses, who does your public relations? No one likes to be slandered like this, and particularly the STB members who bent over backwards to listen to every bit of nonsense that the Nimbys could pull out of their hat in an unsuccessful attempt to stop this legitimate transaction. Obviously this was nothing but a tax dollar grab to keep the attorneys employed in the northwest suburbs. Of COURSE the CN plans to run more trains on the Jay, that's what they bought it for! All of this time has passed fighting this deal (now complete) and TRAC still hasn't learned a thing about railroad law. Slow learners I guess.
Postmaster

New Lenox, IL

#2 Sep 1, 2009
Hellow!!!
Not a Railroader

Crescent, IA

#3 Sep 1, 2009
railham wrote:
Nice move Elliot. Good way to tick off the rest of the STB...rose colored glasses, who does your public relations? No one likes to be slandered like this, and particularly the STB members who bent over backwards to listen to every bit of nonsense that the Nimbys could pull out of their hat in an unsuccessful attempt to stop this legitimate transaction. Obviously this was nothing but a tax dollar grab to keep the attorneys employed in the northwest suburbs. Of COURSE the CN plans to run more trains on the Jay, that's what they bought it for! All of this time has passed fighting this deal (now complete) and TRAC still hasn't learned a thing about railroad law. Slow learners I guess.
Railham,

Actually it was not commissioner Elliot who said, "rose colored glasses" rather it was the dim bulb mayor of Aurora, Tom Weisner.

Beagle found this link to the STB decision on TRAC's petition. http://www.stb.dot.gov/decisions/readingroom....

Basically the board says that TRAC not only did not prove its case in its filing. But the evidence that they cited was not even relevant to CN's trackage rights exemption request. Who is TRAC's lawyer? Is he enjoying a Bahamas vacation from the fees that he is charging those cities to put forth these lame excuses for petitions?
james

Macomb, IL

#4 Sep 3, 2009
this deal was done feb. 1st, lawyers got free money, no way this was gonna be reversed
Reagan

Torrance, CA

#5 Sep 3, 2009
I am elated that the stroke Barrington people lost one. I feel sorry for the other towns.

Since: Nov 07

Detroit, MI

#6 Sep 4, 2009
Not a Railroader wrote:
<quoted text>
Railham,
Actually it was not commissioner Elliot who said, "rose colored glasses" rather it was the dim bulb mayor of Aurora, Tom Weisner.
Beagle found this link to the STB decision on TRAC's petition. http://www.stb.dot.gov/decisions/readingroom....
Basically the board says that TRAC not only did not prove its case in its filing. But the evidence that they cited was not even relevant to CN's trackage rights exemption request. Who is TRAC's lawyer? Is he enjoying a Bahamas vacation from the fees that he is charging those cities to put forth these lame excuses for petitions?
Thank you NAR for correcting that, I wouldn't want the wrong dim bulb to get credit for their remarkable achievement of the perfect score of ten on the stupid scale. These people from TRAC are beyond clueless and remind me of bunch of roosters attacking their reflection in a mirror. This deal is final.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canadian National Railway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Milton residents regrouping to oppose int... (Mar '15) Aug '17 Norbert of Norview 3
E. Hunter Harrison Earns $29,281 PER DAY !!! (C... (Feb '07) Jul '17 Not a Hunter fan 168
Let's hear from CN Employees (Mar '09) May '17 Dave 18
Spadina coach yard limited edition print (Apr '17) Apr '17 Joe 1
News The CNR viaduct in Port Hope, Ont. was built in... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Pierre Berton was... 1
Diversity is White Genocide (Nov '16) Mar '17 Thomas 2
News CSX to Hire Hunter Harrison as CEO (Mar '17) Mar '17 Thomas 1
More from around the web