Let's hear from CN Employees
hobo

Saint Joseph, MI

#1 Mar 7, 2009
What do you think? You , the employees of the CN old or new?
hobo

Saint Joseph, MI

#2 Mar 7, 2009
Let's hear it EJ&E
EHH

Coaldale, Canada

#3 Mar 9, 2009
What is it you're looking for?
joe

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Mar 11, 2009
well i will say as a new employee of the cn former eje it sucks to say the least emplyees are being laid off and customers are being thrown away fortunately i am still working but for how much longer?
Gary carknocker

Chicago, IL

#5 Apr 1, 2009
The EJE was a good place to work for and did quality work. The CN says they are in business to only move freight.Safety is just a word thats rarely mentioned.
CNSUCKS

Horn Lake, MS

#6 Apr 12, 2009
cn also screws their employee's. they got one coming back to them from me when we go to court. they are going to get butt fucked on national tv.. CN SUCKS!!!!
chriscarlson

Ottawa, Canada

#7 May 11, 2012
cn is a good employer i dont now waht all the bickering is about its a lot of fun and i love trains
SLEEPY

Rockford, IL

#8 Jun 7, 2012
Bring back the 80 car trains,and let the crews have a quit once and awhile,its called diplomacy.
RNGD

Metropolis, IL

#9 Aug 6, 2012
i wouldnt recommend my worst enemy to come work for cn
RNGD

Marion, IL

#10 Aug 6, 2012
But i should rephrase that it may be different in the signal or transportation department but i unfortunatly work in the engineering department on the production gang in illinois and the way our supervisors and production managers treat us is completely wrong AND THEY DEFINATLY HAVE NO RESPECT FOR OUR UNION CONTRACT they just intimidate our employees into doing what they want us to do even if it breaks the contract and if you even try question them on what they tell u to do and what it states in the contract they threaten you with your job. SCARE TACTICS ..........thats what our Production Supervisors and Managers use against us to get what they want its bullshit!!!!!!!!!! I thought we had a Union Just for those reasons The Brotherhood Of Maintinance of Way Employees is the weakest union ive ever been in thats for sure!!!!!!!!!!
cnengineer1

Crown Point, IN

#11 Nov 22, 2012
I can say this they care little about there employees and even less about there managers.Morale is at a all time low.We work our asses off and all they can do s say we dont work enough.I work 12 plus hours a day 5 days a week.Just ask the trainmasters they work 80 hours a week.CN cartoon network.This place suckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkksssssssssss ssssssssssssss
markham carknocker

Chicago, IL

#12 Sep 24, 2013
Its not that bad seen and been worse. Though in same sense have seen a billion dollar company do some of the dumbest things imaginable. Lots of scare tatics piss poor employee moral. Transportation is the real life devil. Alot of backstabbing snitches. Union is a joke. That could be changed if it werent for people telling or backstabbing
TJB

Westlock, Canada

#13 Mar 3, 2014
chriscarlson wrote:
cn is a good employer i dont now waht all the bickering is about its a lot of fun and i love trains
Have you noticed that a majority of these bad reviews are from the states, and a lot of the good news is from here (Canada)?
Jim

Medicine Hat, Canada

#14 Mar 7, 2014
Looking for a CN ESR engineer to chat with
truth

Mississauga, Canada

#15 Jan 1, 2015
cn is a dirty racist low quality uneducated nepotism infected slanderous pile of crap that feed the animals of society to bread more of the same.
Scabies

Saskatoon, Canada

#16 Jan 2, 2016
truth wrote:
cn is a dirty racist low quality uneducated nepotism infected slanderous pile of crap that feed the animals of society to bread more of the same.
To people like you, everything is racist. Quit whining like a little bitch and blaming other of being racist because you suck
Kev

Oak Lawn, IL

#17 May 8, 2016
Scabies wrote:
<quoted text>
To people like you, everything is racist. Quit whining like a little bitch and blaming other of being racist because you suck
Many of us railroaders in the states have lost support from the unions. We literally have no solidarity. Places like the CN take advantage of the situation. Union fighting union, puts money in their pocket. The contracts are almost meaningless. All the leverage we had is now gone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canadian National Railway Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The CNR viaduct in Port Hope, Ont. was built in... Mar 20 Pierre Berton was... 1
Diversity is White Genocide Mar 20 Thomas 2
News CSX to Hire Hunter Harrison as CEO Mar 20 Thomas 1
News CN strike could affect GO Transit service on Tu... Mar 20 Thomas 1
E. Hunter Harrison Earns $29,281 PER DAY !!! (C... (Feb '07) Feb '17 taggart 167
News Canadian National suspends former CEO Hunter Ha... (Jan '12) Oct '16 Anonamous 8
News Canadian native groups cancel CN Rail blockade (Jun '06) May '16 Indians Built First 881
More from around the web