CAREMARK BLOWS

Morristown, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2008

i RECENTLEY HAD A KIDNEY TRANSPLANT ON 4/7/08 THAT REQUIRE ME TO TAKE MY MEDS EVERY DAY ON TIME IN ORDER TO KEEP MY NEW KIDNEY. i PLACED ON ORDER FOR MY DRUGS ON MAY 1ST AND STILL HAVE NOT RECIEVED MY ORDER. I HAVE BEEN WITHOUT MY DRUGS FOR OVER A DAY NOW...I CALL YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND GET A "SORRY FOR THE INCONVEINCE".... ARE U KIDDING ME!!!!.. I COULD LOSE MY KIDNEY OR END UP IN THE HOSPITAL BY THE END OF THE DAY..NOw i have to spend more money just to get my pills because CAREMARK COULD NOT GET THE JOB DONE!... WHAT A WASTE U GUYS ARE..YOU JUST LOST A LIFE LONG CUSTOMER.
Joanne

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

I not surprised to hear that. My medicine was not life threatening, but it was still important. I am sorry to hear about what you had to go thru, but i can relate. They did the same to me. I had to come out of pocket because of an error they made. Was I upset, that is to say the least. After taking the generic brand they sent me, it only took 3 days for me to realize it was not working like it should. Be wary of drugs that come from the manafacturing company called Dr Reddy's. So much for buying goods and services that are made here in the US, this company is based in India.
want to get away

San Jacinto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

I have had the worst nightmare with caremark. I have been taking a controlled substance for about 2 years+ and I have been with Caremark since May of 2007. They have held my meds since June the 10th and have given me every excuse known to man as to why I cannot have my medication.First they said that I need a preauth and I had to call in to find that out. I explained to them that I thought that was horrible and that they are going to hurt someone like that. First they reduced my quantity to half of what they would pay for. I was getting 240 per month and they now want to give me 120 per month. I personally think that caremark is wrong for messing with our rx's. The reason why we pay for Ins is because we cannot pay for these redickulous cost. Now all of a sudden they want to cut our rx's down, so the hell with our health they are only looking out for themselves.
NCTravelNana

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2009

I am not happy with Caremark. I had Medco through my employer until the company switched to Caremark this year. I am not happy with Caremark at all. My doctor has faxed prescriptions to them twice but yet they have told me they have not received a response from my doctor to fill my prescriptions. Everytime I refill my prescriptions online, I always show to pay through my bank checking account but half the time I have to call them back to pay when I receive my prescription. Medco cannot be beat.
IN THE THICK OF THINGS

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2010

Judged:

I'VE READ MANY REMARKS ABOUT CAREMARK AND REALIZE THAT MOST PEOPLE MAKING THESE REMARKS DO NOT KNOW HOW THEIR INSURANCE WORKS. YOUR EMPLOYER SETS THE TERMS AND LIMITS OF YOUR MEDICATIONS. IT IS UP TO CAREMARK TO USE THE PLAN LIKE YOUR EMPLOYER SAYS. WE DO NOT MAKE YOUR EMPLOYERS RULES, WE FOLLOW THEM. IF MOST PEOPLE WOULD TAKE THE TIME TO UNDERSTAND THEIR INSURANCE THEY WOULD NOT BLAME THOSE THAT ARE NOT IN CONTROL OF THEIR PLAN.
AS FAR AS THOSE WAITING A LONG TIME FOR THEIR MEDS TO COME IN THE MAIL I CAN ASSURE YOU THAT THESE ARE THE VERY PEOPLE WHO WANTED CAREMARK TO CONTACT THEIR DOCTOR TO GET THEIR PRESCRIPTIONS FOR THEM. THEY ARE TOO LAZY TO GET THEM FOR THEMSELVES. IT IS NOT CAREMARKS FAULT IF IT TAKES YOUR DOCTOR 2 WEEKS TO SEND IN YOUR PRESCRIPTION. CAREMARK STILL HAS TO PROCESS THIS ORDER AND MAIL IT OUT. IF YOU WANT YOUR MEDS ON TIME GET YOUR OWN PRESCRIPTION AND ORDER IT ON TIME. CAREMARK PUTS A DATE ON EVERY RX THAT TELLS MEMBERS WHEN MED IS READY TO ORDER AGAIN SO THERE WILL BE NO LAPSE IN COVERAGE.
IF A MEDICATION NEEDS A PRIOR AUTHORIZATION THIS SHOULD NOT BE A SURPRISE TO ANY ONE. YOUR INSURANCE GIVES YOU A PACKET OF INFORMATION THAT IS TO BE READ FOR UNDERSTANDING YOUR PLAN. IT SHOULD ALSO GIVE YOU A FORMULARY OF MEDS COVERED BY THE PLAN AND IF ANY RESTRICTIONS.
MY ADVICE IS TO READ UP AND BE AWARE OF YOUR OWN INSURANCE AND NOT BLAME CAREMARK.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Caremark Rx Discussions

Search the Caremark Rx Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Caremark Discrimination and Lawsuit (Oct '06) Jul 1 Been there done that 46
Asthma treatment cost to rise with inhaler ban (Jan '06) Aug '13 Chase 125
caremark customer service (Nov '07) Apr '13 Anonymous 44
New discount prescription drug card offered to ... (May '07) Apr '12 Jon 78
Prescription discount card offered to Monroe re... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Jon 1
Response to Caremark DIscrimination (Oct '06) Apr '11 pilot 2
CVS to Buy Universal American Unit for $1.25 Bi... (Jan '11) Jan '11 masric 1
•••
•••