how does flex n gate hold up

Posted in the Collins and Aikman Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
SLJ

Oxford, MI

#1 Aug 5, 2007
I WAS WONDERING IF ALL THAT FLEX HAS TOLD YOU GUYS IN EVART THINK OF FLEX N GATE NOW.?
IS EVERYTHING BETTER NOW OR WHAT. CAN'T BE ANY WORSE THAN C&A RIGHT?
evart phantom

Columbia, SC

#2 Aug 5, 2007
bah hubug
SLJ

Oxford, MI

#3 Aug 6, 2007
evart phantom wrote:
bah hubug
THAT BAD ?
SLJ

Oxford, MI

#4 Aug 28, 2007
I HEARD THAT EVART LAID OFF A BUNCH OF YOU GUYS. IS IT TRUE? AND IF SO WHY? I THOUGHT THAT EVERYTHING WAS GOING GOOD I HOPE THAT IT STILL IS
ex flex empoyee

Toronto, Canada

#5 Jul 30, 2008
I heard today from someone at Flex-n-gate that the company is having financial trouble. Has anyone else heard that?
anonymous

Long Island City, NY

#6 Aug 13, 2008
this is a company that knows how to play the game to win and survive by any means possible.
ex flex

Peterborough, Canada

#7 Sep 25, 2008
ex flex empoyee wrote:
I heard today from someone at Flex-n-gate that the company is having financial trouble. Has anyone else heard that?
They may be having financial problems, but no worse than any other auto manufacturer in this day and age.
FNG

Beech Grove, IN

#8 Nov 8, 2008
I'm a corporate level manager at Flex-N-Gate...we have a brilliant captain at the helm and this company will be just fine.
badassdad

Kalamazoo, MI

#9 Nov 19, 2008
i work in evart...NO BODY LAID OFF!!!

just hired about 30 new workers,even got some new(pre-owned)presses
whataname

Waupaca, WI

#10 Jan 11, 2009
I saw PPG just annouced they will close in Evart. I think with the auto sales so slow and too many countries trying for the same customer, Flex n Gate would be looking at plant closings and moving south as everyone else has before it's too late. They have too many plants and Evart is a big plant with high costs. Can you imagine what it costs just to heat that plant for winter? In these times every penny counts.
nWo

Dearborn, MI

#11 Jan 15, 2009
Is there an update on Flex-N-Gate buying the Automotive Components Holdings,LLC Milan Plastics Plant from Ford Motor Company? Flex had a MOU over 2 years ago, but nothing has come of it. Not even a statement regarding the status of the deal.
picolsi

United States

#12 Jan 19, 2009
to corporate fng..hold up fine? tell that to the 600 of us losing their jobs in the next 2 months. 20 years, where did it go? 20 years I don't know.
Like a rock. right. DDM waves goodbye
Lulu

London, Canada

#13 Feb 7, 2009
Flex-n-gate gave notice to Veltri Glencoe. It will be closing on April 3 2009 and the jobs are moving to other FNG companies.
Souless in Seattle

Champaign, IL

#14 Feb 18, 2009
Used to work at FNG, got tired of checking my soul at the door every morning...One is routinely expected to lie to customers, cheat suppliers, and tell employees there is not enough money for raises or better health insurance. All while Mr. Khan spends $50 million+ on a new yacht, & millions more on new private jets and houses.

It is not visionary nor is it good stewardship to buy up corporate assets for pennies on the dollar, suck the cash out of them, fire the employees and then use that cash to buy other distressed assets, it is predatory and speculative. Mr. Khan has stated he makes more money on these deals and on currency speculation than through manufacturing.

With offshore bank accounts, illegal tax shelters, shell corporations owned by other shell corporations owned by blind trusts, it's no wonder the IRS is investigating him. As Mr. Khan himself is fond of telling his staff minions: "It's a good thing this is a private corporation, otherwise we'd all be in jail by now."
no job yet

Canada

#15 Feb 18, 2009
i here ya brother
LIED TO IN TILLSONBURG

Etobicoke, Canada

#16 Feb 22, 2009
FNG is a ruthless sicko company who wants its workers to work for the least amount as possible the whole time lying to the employees.We to were asked to lie and hide things when customers ie.GM FORD etc.came through our plant on tour.Last march we signed our collective agreement 6 months early with the promise of new work and hirings,that lasted 6 months then bango 460 permanent layoffs.FNG then told us the last 160 employees were safe then bango 3 months later the rest are gone.All this after accepting basically a 3 year freeze.They are taking the work to other plants.Dont trust them!!!!!
Lulu

Toronto, Canada

#17 Feb 26, 2009
FNG has listed Veltri Glencoe as idling - closure. This phrase (idling - closure) is causing problems with EI in regards to severence pay for the workers. EI wants a clear answer whether the plant will be idle (laying workers off) or closure. Out of curiousity, has any plant listed by FNG as idling ever re-opened?
Does anyone know who is the plant manager at FNG Battlecreek?
nWo

Dearborn, MI

#18 Mar 11, 2009
Flex-N-Gate and Ford Motor Company have terminated their MOU agreement for the ACH Milan Plastics Plant. Flex-N-Gate walked away. They could not afford the plant. Ford was giving it to them. Next step for Flex is bankruptcy!
xflex

AOL

#19 Mar 12, 2009
All I can say is the guys/gals at Milan probably don't realize how fortunate they probably are to have the MOU terminated. Since history repeats itself, it would have probably been a bloodbath at Milan if the deal had gone through with mass firings, etc.
another x flex

Kitchener, Canada

#20 Mar 18, 2009
well here at DDM/FLEX-N-GATE the union notified its membership that we will get the government standard plus a whopping 62.00 for every year of service. Don't you think it is time to slap this cocksucker (khan) in the face and take control of our lives? he has taken our blood, sweat and now our tears for to long. LETS ALL STAND UP UNITED AND TAKE WHAT IS OURS, we have waited to long now but it is not too late.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Collins and Aikman Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
so long rantoul products (Aug '07) Jun '14 pissed 16
Rantoul Products (Sep '07) May '14 Joe 64
IAC plant in Old Fort to lay off 60 workers (Oct '08) Feb '13 Roger 9
Will Ingersoll Survive (Oct '07) Jan '13 Wayne 1,024
Rantoul Plant 2 (Aug '07) Dec '12 Paul 28
David Stockman to pay $4.4 million in two Colli... (Jun '10) May '12 PMV 2
Rantoul Products (Sep '07) Jan '12 Rick Brown 8
More from around the web