Women warriors have own place to go t...

Women warriors have own place to go to be together

There are 3 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 14, 2009, titled Women warriors have own place to go to be together. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

It is hard to imagine an Army veteran like Joyce Leneave of Fairfield bringing her month-old daughter, all wrapped in blankets and sleeping in her mother's lap, to an ordinary American Legion Post.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Kelly Knox

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Sep 14, 2009
Anyone interested in more information about Post 644 can email [email protected] or visit the Post's page on Facebook.
Lynn Ashley

Hamilton, OH

#2 Sep 14, 2009
I am fortunate to be a member of this new post. I also am grateful to Kelly Knox for re-activating this historical organization. We hope to be of service to all women veterans returning from this current conflict as well as those who have served in the past.
Grand M

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Nov 18, 2009
I read the recent article in the newspaper about Post 644.It was good to know these women vets are out there.The gathering last week at the Cincinnati VA Medical Center was well put to gather.Great topics,good food and a supportive atmosphere.Just what the doctor ordered, amen.
Thanks Post 644 we apreciate you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cincinnati Financial Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio cops hope video will aid probe of lamb hea... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Palestinian Guy 19
News Former Butler County judge faces drunken-drivin... (Jan '11) Jan '11 michael d 1
News Stores Need More Holiday Help | Ohio News Netwo... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Wally 1
News Dancer-welder's life is flashback to 'Flashdanc... (Nov '10) Nov '10 anon bae welder 2
News Ohio apartment blaze displaces 17 families | Th... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Melisa jessie 6
News More job cuts for BAE (Sep '10) Sep '10 Marty 5
News Investigators Make Big Food Stamp Bust (Aug '10) Aug '10 dont worry 1
More from around the web