Calif health insurers poor at custome...

Calif health insurers poor at customer service

There are 8 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Nov 19, 2010, titled Calif health insurers poor at customer service. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

A California Department of Insurance survey shows most health insurers do a poor job of paying claims and providing customer service to preferred provider organization members.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

Maria

Palo Alto, CA

#1 Nov 19, 2010
You think it's bad now? Not hardly. We have the best medical service in the world. I don't know where this article is attempting to take us. Another agenda, no doubt.

If Obama(D) Care ever sees the light of day, then you'll have a valid article!

We can't care for the whole world. Charity begins at home.
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#2 Nov 19, 2010
Maria wrote:
You think it's bad now? Not hardly. We have the best medical service in the world. I don't know where this article is attempting to take us. Another agenda, no doubt.
If Obama(D) Care ever sees the light of day, then you'll have a valid article!
We can't care for the whole world. Charity begins at home.
Up to and including 2009 I was paying $900. CASH a month just to keep my Pacific Care health insurance. Aside from a sprain or two I cost them nothing. I guess part of my $900. a month was going to "care for the whole world."
cwi530

United States

#3 Nov 19, 2010
$900 a month is a lot of money but you can get health insurance for cheaper. There's many different options to choose from. You're the consumer so shop around for a plan that meets your needs. A single individual in great shape doesn't need the same insurance as a large family with small children. Don't pay for insurance you don't need and ... what... Obamacare? That's right I almost forgot...

Sorry but change is coming and soon you will no longer have anything to say about your health care needs or cost. Nobody knows how bad it will get because the Health care Bill is still being drafted. Remember, the one Democrats deemed into law behind closed doors in the middle of the freaking night. They took $5 billion to cover the uninsured masses yet so far only 8,000 people have signed up. The White House is selling exemptions from Obamacare and the evil health insurance providers are buying freedom from the very provisions they helped write. The unions are buying their freedom too.

"Liar" pretty much sums things up.

Since: May 10

Woodland, CA

#4 Nov 19, 2010
cwi530=that is just it, based on your age and health, insurance is not so cheap. The advertised rates are based on a person in perfect health, the rates that come back are based on underwriting factors when you are talking individual policies. 900 a month is not uncommon. You should see what senior citizens have to pay for supplemental plans.
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#5 Nov 20, 2010
cwi530 wrote:
$900 a month is a lot of money but you can get health insurance for cheaper. There's many different options to choose from. You're the consumer so shop around for a plan that meets your needs. A single individual in great shape doesn't need the same insurance as a large family with small children. Don't pay for insurance you don't need and ... what... Obamacare? That's right I almost forgot...
Sorry but change is coming and soon you will no longer have anything to say about your health care needs or cost. Nobody knows how bad it will get because the Health care Bill is still being drafted. Remember, the one Democrats deemed into law behind closed doors in the middle of the freaking night. They took $5 billion to cover the uninsured masses yet so far only 8,000 people have signed up. The White House is selling exemptions from Obamacare and the evil health insurance providers are buying freedom from the very provisions they helped write. The unions are buying their freedom too.
"Liar" pretty much sums things up.
As I said, I was paying $900. a month several years ago. I didn't trust the insurance industry. I figured that if I tried to change I'd get burned somehow. Are you aware of the very low opinion many citizens of the U.S.A. have of the insurance industry. Common street prostitutes are held in higher esteem. At least you usually get what you pay for. er, a friend who works down at the 7-11 told me about the prostitutes.
Big John

Munich, Germany

#6 Nov 20, 2010
I think if somebody wants to live in this country, he has to learn English, share our values and act like a real American!
Remember

Oakland, CA

#7 Nov 20, 2010
Don't forget to thank crooked Doctors and lawyers along with greed incompetent insurance companies.
Lon Rocke

Chico, CA

#8 Nov 20, 2010
Remember wrote:
Don't forget to thank crooked Doctors and lawyers along with greed incompetent insurance companies.
YES, in 1938 The New England Journal of Medicine ran an article which urged the U.S. Medical Schools to restrict the number of applicants to the schools. This was a stated effort to keep profits high for individual M.D.'s. The campaign worked. Doctors made fortunes and the also greedy lawyers and insurance swine came running.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cigna Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UnitedHealth raises quarterly dividend 30 percent (May '11) Mar '16 Ha Ha Ha Ha 6
News Press release distribution, EDGAR filing, XBRL,... Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News Cornerstone Capital Management LLC Purchases 75... Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News CIGNA Co. (CI) Shares Sold by Pzena Investment ... Mar '16 Elise Gingerich 1
News No New Layoffs Planned Now, CIGNA Says (Nov '08) Dec '14 ironic 7
not paying for disabled child treatment (Jun '14) Jun '14 stevepyke 1
cigna medicare plan F (Dec '13) Dec '13 J-Price 1
More from around the web