Arkansas Pilgrim's Pride growers
Riverok

Monroe, LA

#1 Mar 27, 2012
Will the person who contacted me about the names of Arkansas growers please contact me again?

I am interested in meeting with you to learn more about the Arkansas growers who lost their markets and got federal payments.

Riverok
Broken down chicken woman

Lewisville, AR

#2 Mar 27, 2012
Riverok wrote:
Will the person who contacted me about the names of Arkansas growers please contact me again?
I am interested in meeting with you to learn more about the Arkansas growers who lost their markets and got federal payments.
Riverok
Yes I would like to know more about this also!!!!!!!!!!
we are to meet with the big dogs wed 28th about a buyout that they are going to give $36000.00 for a 300ft house !! We have 4 300ft
and 1 500ft .We retro 2 1/2years ago with71/2 more to go.
old chicken farmer

United States

#3 Mar 28, 2012
I may be wrong, but if I understand correctly the growers that received the federal disaster grant had their payment based strictly on their three previous years income from raising chickens with a cap of $100,000. Also there was no buyout offer being put forth by Pilgrim's Pride. So with 4 houses 300ft. those alone would be $144,000. As anyone can see the federal disaster grant was only a drop in the bucket for growers with 1 to 2 million dollar loans. You can bet that the Arkansas growers would have jumped at any buyout agreement if only Pilgrim's Pride would have offered them the chance. Is this Pilgrim that is offering a buyout? I do know of Pilgrim offering buyouts of some farms that are under the Nashville complex. The one farm I know personally that was offered a buyout from Pilgrim was a 3 house 40x500 farm and they only got $50,000.
Ex-Grower

United States

#4 Mar 28, 2012
If they are offering a buyout now, it just shows just what kind of "chicken shits" they are. They have ruined so many lives and NOW offer a buyout. And they are still fighting and appealing the lawsuit they have already lost.
old chicken farmer

United States

#5 Mar 28, 2012
They are offering buyouts now because Pilgrim's Pride was found libel of violating the PSA and are facing numerous other pending lawsuits with very similiar facts surrounding the lawsuits. The grower I know personally told me the manager of the Nashville complex explained they were offering him a buyout in order to prevent being taken to court and sued again. In essence, by offering these buyouts they are now publicly admitting their violation of the law and the libility of such action.
Another

United States

#6 Mar 28, 2012
What about all the growers they have already ruined? The courts should not even let them file an appeal in this case.
Used farmer

United States

#7 Apr 17, 2012
I know for a fact pilgrims is offering buyout in southwest Arkansas mainly in hope complex April16,2012.
Broken down chicken women

Lewisville, AR

#8 May 28, 2012
Heard today that pp got a contract from Wendys food
chain. And that it is large %. And that we would start getting chickens back in 2wks , in the hope area
Broken down chicken women

Lewisville, AR

#9 May 30, 2012
sorry that was Burger Kig ,and they do not have a contract will them I MISS SPOKE
Joe Blow

New Orleans, LA

#10 May 30, 2012
Broken down chicken woman wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I would like to know more about this also!!!!!!!!!!
we are to meet with the big dogs wed 28th about a buyout that they are going to give $36000.00 for a 300ft house !! We have 4 300ft
and 1 500ft .We retro 2 1/2years ago with71/2 more to go.
Well, at least maybe you will get something from them. Look at all the ones who did not get anything and Pilgrim's is still appealing that judgement. Other trials should be coming up before long. Looks like to me that if they can pay off now they should settle the suits instead of spending all the money Pilgims has already paid their legal team. It seems like to me that they are buying out because they know they are not going to get away with just shutting any more growers off with nothing.
TiredinTexas

Haughton, LA

#11 Nov 30, 2012
I would like to know the name of the lawyer(s) that represented the growers. If anyone know, will they please pass on the info?
arkgoatman russellville

Ozark, AR

#12 Feb 20, 2013
we were a grower for pilgrims in 08 when they shut down. we were involved in the pgap grant program. there is so much mis infomation and not to be found info out there about the grant monies. sad part is we were of some growers who were screwed by pilgrim's, screwed by Sen. Blanche Linclon and Cynthia Edwards, screwed by Scotty Abott and USDA, and then finally screwed by the courts. I don't think their is a news report or station that will do a story that tells of these wrong doing. I know, cause i tried to get so news coverage. Has anyone seen the last decision in the news media that was just recently handed down in Lousiana courts? if any, very few. oh, we also bought our farm with a pilgrims pride written contract LESS THAN 90 DAYS BEFORE THEY ANNOUNCED THEIR "IDLEING IN ARKANSAS" I'd be happy to help anyone trying to get back at Pilgrim's or that is dealing with them, if i can,
arkgoatman russellville

Ozark, AR

#13 Feb 20, 2013
TiredinTexas wrote:
I would like to know the name of the lawyer(s) that represented the growers. If anyone know, will they please pass on the info?

The lawyers that Hare, Wynn, Newell and Newton out of Birmingham AL. They also have a office in Little Rock. Just search on internet for HWNN Brimingham and you should find them.
arkgoatman russellville

Ozark, AR

#14 Feb 20, 2013
Joe Blow wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, at least maybe you will get something from them. Look at all the ones who did not get anything and Pilgrim's is still appealing that judgement. Other trials should be coming up before long. Looks like to me that if they can pay off now they should settle the suits instead of spending all the money Pilgims has already paid their legal team. It seems like to me that they are buying out because they know they are not going to get away with just shutting any more growers off with nothing.
We just heard it's over for the Arkansas growers, Court ruled in favor of Pilgrim;s Pride
old chicken farmer

United States

#15 Feb 23, 2013
Is the case you are referring to the one involving the Pilgrim's Pride growers in Clinton? I've checked the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals opinions page and see no ruling on the case involving the El Dorado growers.
Old Grower

United States

#16 Feb 23, 2013
old chicken farmer wrote:
Is the case you are referring to the one involving the Pilgrim's Pride growers in Clinton? I've checked the 5th Circuit Court of Appeals opinions page and see no ruling on the case involving the El Dorado growers.
You are right, there is nothing on the ElDorado appeal yet.
old chicken farmer

United States

#17 Apr 16, 2013
I talked with a former poultry grower that is involved with the El Dorado grower's lawsuit against Pilgrim's Pride. According to him there still hasn't been any decision made by the three judge panel on Pilgrim's Pride's appeal of the Federal District Court ruling. This has been dragging on well over a year now and the oral arguments in the appeal were heard in December of 2012. I know the wheels of justice are slow but it seems they have stopped in this case. Has anyone heard anything from Mark Brouder or the other attorneys in this case?
Riverok

Houston, TX

#18 Feb 4, 2014
old chicken farmer wrote:
I talked with a former poultry grower that is involved with the El Dorado grower's lawsuit against Pilgrim's Pride. According to him there still hasn't been any decision made by the three judge panel on Pilgrim's Pride's appeal of the Federal District Court ruling. This has been dragging on well over a year now and the oral arguments in the appeal were heard in December of 2012. I know the wheels of justice are slow but it seems they have stopped in this case. Has anyone heard anything from Mark Brouder or the other attorneys in this case?
What is the situation with the El Dorado suit? Is there anyone who can chronicle the events surrounding this case? I'd like to know more.

I have the names of all growers who got payments from Uncle. My interest is those names is only to see that they actually were growers for P.P. and that there is no fraud.

Respond to riverokeb at gmail.com (where at equals @)
Old Naive Chicken Grower

United States

#19 Feb 22, 2014
I was always raised to believe that if you did what was right, things might not be completely rosy but at least livable. This whole situation with Pilgrim's has proved me wrong. The haves just keep on getting while the hard workers just keep getting pooped on. Not only has the appeals court overturned the verdict, we have not even heard from any of the lawyers. We started out and it was not going to cost us anything out of our pocket, then they needed money to pay more witnesses and such. We reached into savings to give it to them. Then they wanted more. More was something that we did not have to give. By now, we have gone through savings and too old and in bad health to go out and get a job. Still have our farm which is more that a lot of the growers have. Some lost their farms completely. By the way, that second time that they asked for money was the last meeting that they had with the growers. Have not heard the first word since. My faith in the legal system and lawyers is gone.

Well sorry for the pity party, just had to come out or explode.
concerned citizen

Jasper, FL

#20 Apr 27, 2014
legal system industry standard, somebody got bought off!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pilgrims Pride Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
packers sanitation (Aug '12) Apr '16 Tough guy 4
News Pilgrim's Pride Closing Ala. Poultry Plant (Dec '13) Jan '16 old goldkist pilgrim 2
Is your local plant reopening ? (Dec '09) Dec '15 Jeffrey Hackney 33
inspector at pilgrims (Dec '15) Dec '15 AAA 1
Lawsuit (Feb '12) Nov '13 Ed Brocksmith 25
closing (Nov '13) Nov '13 Cold 6
packers sanitation services,and Q SSI , (Nov '13) Nov '13 Johnny Woodstock Ga 1
More from around the web