BRAZIL: Pilgrim's Pride problems hit owner JBS

There are 5 comments on the Just-food.com story from Nov 15, 2011, titled BRAZIL: Pilgrim's Pride problems hit owner JBS. In it, Just-food.com reports that:

Losses at US poultry producer Pilgrim's Pride have helped cause majority shareholder JBS, the Brazilian meat giant, to report a third-quarter loss.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Just-food.com.

bankruptfarmer

El Dorado, AR

#1 Nov 15, 2011
Yet rather than to admit the error of their ways, Pilgrims Prides executives, pridefully continue the same blunders that caused their problems in the first place. Contrary to popular excuses contrived by company executives, you cannot continue to opperate in the same wrong headed ways and ever expect to make sustained profits for the corporation. The more evil that you visit on the heads of others, will multiply and come back to haunt you. Pilgrims willfully, and intentionally, and with premeditation, destroyed several communities, while at the same time, wantonly disreguarding laws against hiring illegal workers, promoting an atmosphere condusive to fraud in hiring practices, which has resulted in a large number of identity thefts. Until this corporation decides to opperate in a different manner, they cannot expect to succeed.
old chicken farmer

United States

#2 Nov 16, 2011
Continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results. I think they call that insanity.
old chicken farmer

United States

#3 Nov 17, 2011
Pilgrim's Pride Settles Securities Fraud Suit For $1.5M
By Lana Birbrair
Law360, New York (November 14, 2011, 10:11 PM ET)-- Poultry giant Pilgrim's Pride Corp. agreed Monday in Texas to pay $1.5 million to settle a securities fraud class action accusing it of misleading investors about the company's financial well-being months before it filed for bankruptcy protection.

Pilgrim's Pride and the plaintiffs agreed to settle all claims in the suit and filed a stipulation and agreement of settlement in which the chicken company denied any wrongdoing but agreed to pay $1.5 million within 10 days to avoid further litigation.

"and those things which are done in dark will be brought to light"

The problems continue with this company that, according to Bo Pilgrim himself, would be run and operated on "Bible based principles".
bankruptfarmer

El Dorado, AR

#4 Nov 17, 2011
I'm just a little confused about "Bo's Bible based Principles". I wonder, did he realize what the scriptures actually said?-----It seems more that he got things a bit skewed, if he was actually reading the same Bible that I read. Rationalizing ones actions, has become far too commonplace in todays society. My customers come to buy from me, because of the integrity that I "choose" to live my life by. Because of the integrity that I choose to live my life in, my client base has steadily grown, and word of mouth, adds to my business each and every day. Who says you can't live by high moral standards and succeed. It works for me, it works for my friends, it is very rewarding, and I sleep well at night.
Ron Rhea

Dallas, TX

#5 Jul 21, 2013
I worked for this shameful company for years. The corruption, shorting worker's pay, and the general despicable way the business system was run, was conducive to fleeing the environs in horror. JBS needs to fire the entire "good ole boys exploitation network" at Pilgrim's and start over fresh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pilgrims Pride Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arkansas Pilgrim's Pride growers (Mar '12) Apr '14 concerned citizen 20
packers sanitation (Aug '12) Dec '13 jason 3
News Pilgrim's Pride Closing Ala. Poultry Plant (Dec '13) Dec '13 GOLDKIST LEGACY E... 1
Lawsuit (Feb '12) Nov '13 Ed Brocksmith 25
closing (Nov '13) Nov '13 Cold 6
packers sanitation services,and Q SSI , (Nov '13) Nov '13 Johnny Woodstock Ga 1
News 5th Circuit reverses $25 million judgment again... (Sep '13) Sep '13 old chicken farmer 1
More from around the web