Is your local plant reopening ?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Released Grower

Citra, FL

#21 Apr 11, 2010
Well considering that they hauled baby chicks from Douglas to the Live Oak area before the bankruptcy hauling feed the other way shouldn't be a problem. Inefficient certainly but not impossible.
rwr wrote:
i would think that would be a long way to haul it
rwr

Jasper, FL

#22 Apr 11, 2010
but still when you can haul 4 houses of chicks on a truck that compaired to hauling several trucks of feed for pullets and breeders it seems like to me that would be alot more expensive than hauling chicks unless it is going to be some temporary thing i don't think they would haul feed that far for very long
Released Grower

Lake Butler, FL

#23 Apr 11, 2010
This is PPC management. Nothing they do makes any sense.
curious

Ray City, GA

#24 Apr 18, 2010
Any news about a decision of which idled plant will be reopened and when?
jack

Waycross, GA

#25 Apr 19, 2010
curious wrote:
Any news about a decision of which idled plant will be reopened and when?
I've heard that Don Jackson said the Douglas, Ga. plant would be the first idled plant to be restarted if and when PP decides that they need additional capacity. But as of this time there are no plans to reopen. Im concerned that there may not be enough growers left to keep the plant running if PP does decide to do something. A few of Douglas growers have already been foreclosed on and some have contracted with different integrators.
plant mechanic

Camden, AR

#26 Apr 19, 2010
Restarting the Douglas plant would seem to me to be the most logical, but with PP you never know what to expect. I heard that PP told the City of Clinton that PP would reopen the Clinton, Ar plant if the City would drop their lawsuit against PP. One thing's for sure, the longer these plants and houses sit idled the harder and more expensive it will be to restart them.
old chicken farmer

Marshall, TX

#27 Apr 19, 2010
Has anyone heard anything about the status of the lawsuits that the growers have filed against PP? After Tyson lost their case against 10 Oklahoma contract broiler growers for $7.2 million, it would seem that PP would be willing to settle their cases in that they are very similiar charges. Fraud, decepetive trade practices, and violation of the PSA.
Ex Grower

Wilsonville, OR

#28 Apr 19, 2010
From what I read, the cases are almost identical. I would think that JBS would want to have this settled. I would not think this would help their business image. They will one day need growers. Would you want to be a chicken farmer after all of this going on? JBS needs to help clean up the image.
curious

United States

#29 May 6, 2010
Announcement made this morning that the Douglas facility will reopen by Jan 2011 adn that they plan on reopening two other idled facilities as well. One in Spring of 2011 and one in 2012. Hopefully growers can hang on until then.
plant mechanic

Camden, AR

#30 May 9, 2010
In what cities are the two plants located that Pilgrim's will reopen after Douglas ?
plant mechanic

Camden, AR

#31 Jul 22, 2010
There was a front page article in our county newspaper this week stating that JBS is considering reopening the Clinton, Ar plant next summer. It also stated that a deboning facility would eventually be added to the plant and would employ as many as 800 people. JBS wants to know if the community would welcome the plant back under the Pilgrim's Pride brand and is seeking economic incentives to reopen the plant. Clinton will be competing against EL Dorado and other out of state locations for the plant reopening. About half of the PP growers have signed contracts with Tyson and Wayne Farms since Clinton was idled. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.
btay

Dallas, TX

#32 Dec 6, 2012
i need to know about the dallas Tx plant..I keep hearing that they will reopen..can anyone give a stright answer to this being true or false..please help..I would love to get back on a pilgrims..I worked there up until they closed on september 31 2011 DALLAS KILL PLANT
Jeffrey Hackney

United States

#33 Dec 20, 2015
Is the Boaz Alabama plant going to reopen

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pilgrims Pride Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
packers sanitation (Aug '12) Apr '16 Tough guy 4
News Pilgrim's Pride Closing Ala. Poultry Plant (Dec '13) Jan '16 old goldkist pilgrim 2
inspector at pilgrims (Dec '15) Dec '15 AAA 1
Arkansas Pilgrim's Pride growers (Mar '12) Apr '14 concerned citizen 20
Lawsuit (Feb '12) Nov '13 Ed Brocksmith 25
closing (Nov '13) Nov '13 Cold 6
packers sanitation services,and Q SSI , (Nov '13) Nov '13 Johnny Woodstock Ga 1
More from around the web