Chicken Farmers Have Hearts Plucked Out

Chicken Farmers Have Hearts Plucked Out

There are 321 comments on the Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis story from Jun 30, 2009, titled Chicken Farmers Have Hearts Plucked Out. In it, Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis reports that:

Last December, Pilgrim's Pride Went Bankrupt. The repercussions on chicken farmers are still being felt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mish's Global Economic Trend Analysis.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Stupid vegans

Adel, GA

#330 Aug 18, 2011
DooDah wrote:
<quoted text>
I have empathy for the big time, debtor chicken farmers on in the sense that they were so blinded by the possibility of future big profits. Grandpa taught us to never count your chickens before the eggs hatch. Would seem to me that it's time for those greedy, chicken farmers would realize their folly and make some cut backs in the way they do business and how they spend money, stop borrowing and release themselves from the slavery that have gotten themselves into. Take down the chicken houses and other un needed equipment, tell PP or the lenders to come get the dang things, and start from scratch, and yes, allow their credit score to suffer if they must. Save the land and work it for something else or even free range birds.
Do you really think that the land is not tied up in the loans on chicken houses? And their homes and everything else they own. Do you really think you can just take the houses down, stop making payments and everything would be fine. You don't have a frigging clue.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pilgrims Pride Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
packers sanitation (Aug '12) Apr '16 Tough guy 4
News Pilgrim's Pride Closing Ala. Poultry Plant (Dec '13) Jan '16 old goldkist pilgrim 2
Is your local plant reopening ? (Dec '09) Dec '15 Jeffrey Hackney 33
inspector at pilgrims (Dec '15) Dec '15 AAA 1
Arkansas Pilgrim's Pride growers (Mar '12) Apr '14 concerned citizen 20
Lawsuit (Feb '12) Nov '13 Ed Brocksmith 25
closing (Nov '13) Nov '13 Cold 6
More from around the web