how many egg producing farms does PPC have?

Posted in the Pilgrims Pride Corporation Forum

Andrew

Albemarle, NC

#1 Jan 26, 2010
Does anyone know about how many broiler/breeder, I think they call them, hatching egg producing farms PPC has?

I keep seeing the number 4500, but that appears to be for growers.(I expect the number I'm asking about to be much less.)
canceled grower

Saint Louis, MO

#2 Jan 26, 2010
I cant tell you any number but they had 13,000 now they have 4,500 if you are thinking about the chicken business dont go with pilgrims. most of the breeder hen houses that were owned and operated by independant growers have been closed. Alot lost everything they owned. Please listen to the voice of experiance if you want to raise chickens do it for yourself or some other company.
Andrew

Albemarle, NC

#3 Jan 27, 2010
Thank you for your reply. You obviously don't know the answer. Move along, nothing for you to see here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pilgrims Pride Corporation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arkansas Pilgrim's Pride growers (Mar '12) Apr '14 concerned citizen 20
packers sanitation (Aug '12) Dec '13 jason 3
Pilgrim's Pride Closing Ala. Poultry Plant (Dec '13) Dec '13 GOLDKIST LEGACY E... 1
Lawsuit (Feb '12) Nov '13 Ed Brocksmith 25
closing (Nov '13) Nov '13 Cold 6
packers sanitation services,and Q SSI , (Nov '13) Nov '13 Johnny Woodstock Ga 1
5th Circuit reverses $25 million judgment again... (Sep '13) Sep '13 old chicken farmer 1

Pilgrims Pride Corporation People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE