Pilgrim's Pride reveals CEO's salary

Dec 23, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Dallas Business Journal

Poultry processor Pilgrim's Pride Corp. has outlined the official compensation package for Don Jackson, the president and CEO the company named earlier this month.

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Oct 10, 2010
worried farmer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

No wonder Pilgrim Pride is in bankruptcy. With that kind of salary Don Jackson should be able to walk on water and hopefully he will be able to turn water into wine. Bo should remember the growers that made his company and paid for his mansion. Bo needs to remember the scripture, "don't muzzel the oz that treads the corn".
Worried Worker

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 28, 2008

Look at the salary of the upper mangerment in all Bo's plant it makes you wonder how he got the mansion. Look at all the people out of a job where they can have all their mansions!
Former Employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2008

Judged:

I believe Bo bit off more than he could chew when he bought Gold Kist! My job was "eliminated" after almost 37 years, Go figure!!!!!!!!!!
Former Employee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2009

After my job was eliminated, Pilgrim's decided to pay severance in lump sum (Not what company policy states) and because ofthat was taxed at a mugh higher rate, all before the end of 2008. Now because they did that, I cannot draw any unemployment benefits until after my severance period even though the money I neeted after taxes is over $3000 short. The actual money I received will not last until my severance period ends. It also puts me into a higher tax bracket for the 2008 work year so I will not be able to get it back as arefund either. Pilgrims found another way to mess with people.
terminated grower

Fort Smith, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2009

Thanks alot Bo. Your company lied. Your company cancelled my contract and it has cost me everything I have worked so hard for. Does anyone know what church Bo attends in Mt. Pleasant? I would like to meet this man and ask him for a job, a handout, or to borrow some money in order to keep my home and farm. Maybe he could keep me on as a consultant. Reading what was offered to the former CEO & COO to stay on as consultants was like pouring salt into an open wound.
terminated grower

Windsor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

Judged:

It's nice to know that he plays himself to be a man after God's heart. That he's out to help people by passing out $100 bills. Buying Gold Kist was out out GREED. He ruined our lives also,we will soon by loosing everything we have worked for. Twenty years down the toilet. If BO Pilgrim is half the man he says he is, He will make this right. He will help the people he set out to destroyed because of he's GREED wanting to be #1. Not Gold Kist being #1. It's not about feed cost and fuel or bad management. It's about GREED! Pilgrim's Pride is responsible for the debt these farmers are in, telling them to build $500,000 in chickens houses and then just weeks later dropping them and walking away. Evidently, when Bo said God told him to buy Gold Kist, God must have know that us farmers were in need of a permanent paid vacation. Remember what goes around, comes around Mr. Pilgrim.
terminated grower

Windsor, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

If he can afford to pay someone millions of $$ to restructure their business. He can afford to pay the growers he dropped for the mortgages they are stuck with on their houses. Also, if he can afford to pay his own family members millions of $$ for growing chickens. Then why can't we make that much. I have never heard of a grower ever Grossing thatmuch money on their house. In addition, how many growers have ever Grossed $150,000 in selling chicken litter. Bo Pilgrims family members have. Somethings seriously wrong here.
ex-chicken farmer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2009

My heart goes out to those farmers whose contracts were terminated thereby turning their lives upside down. It could have easily been my family's life that was disrupted by Pilgrim Pride. I made the decision to get out of this business when I finally cleared the debt owed on my farm. When I informed Pilgrim that I was shutting down my houses, they tried to talk me into continuing. This was four years ago and they were BEGGING anybody that had enough land to build houses. I was able to convince several prospective growers to reconsider. Now they thank me!! Even without the present situation, raising chickens for a large cooperation has a very, very low return on investment. I just wish more growers and ex-growers would be honest and inform those thinking of entering the poultry business how little money there is to be made for 15 to 20 years. A friend of mine that was in charge of Pilgrim's broiler expansion four years ago told me bluntly that these new houses alone would not produce a positive cash flow for 15 years. To offset this, the wife or husband would have to get a job in order to survive. Oh people think you're making big money with all the equipment, big new buildings and constantly pouring out cash for upgrades and labor, but the reality of it is so different. It's time people swallowed their pride and tell people the truth so others don't make the same mistake.
D Caveny

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

I went to school with Don Jackson in the 1970's at CSU. He is a man of great knowledge and integrity. He is a family man with a large family of fine children and a great wife for over 30 years. He was well thought of by his peers and the faculty in school. Over the years I have talked to many of his peers in business and he is held in high regard by all. If anybody can make Pilgrim's Pride a name to be proud of it will be Dr Don Jackson.
louisiana chicken ranch

Seymour, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2010

D Caveny wrote:
I went to school with Don Jackson in the 1970's at CSU. He is a man of great knowledge and integrity. He is a family man with a large family of fine children and a great wife for over 30 years. He was well thought of by his peers and the faculty in school. Over the years I have talked to many of his peers in business and he is held in high regard by all. If anybody can make Pilgrim's Pride a name to be proud of it will be Dr Don Jackson.
tell him good luck with that. it will take more than don jackson to make pilgrim a name to be proud of. all jackson is doing is making don jackson a name not to be proud of. jackson is the one who shut down all the farms and he came from a family farm. i guess at csu thats what they taught you. what ever it takes to make a buck. shut down family farms so bo loses less trying to control prices. and get paid millions of dollars to come up with such a brilliant plan. sounds like a wonderful man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Pilgrims Pride Corporation Discussions

Search the Pilgrims Pride Corporation Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Arkansas Pilgrim's Pride growers (Mar '12) Apr '14 concerned citizen 20
packers sanitation (Aug '12) Dec '13 jason 3
Pilgrim's Pride Closing Ala. Poultry Plant (Dec '13) Dec '13 GOLDKIST LEGACY EMPLOYEE 1
Lawsuit (Feb '12) Nov '13 Ed Brocksmith 25
closing (Nov '13) Nov '13 Cold 6
packers sanitation services,and Q SSI , (Nov '13) Nov '13 Johnny Woodstock Ga 1
5th Circuit reverses $25 million judgment again... (Sep '13) Sep '13 old chicken farmer 1
•••
•••