Chubb Letter to Treasury Secretary Pa...

Chubb Letter to Treasury Secretary Paulson Opposes Property &...

There are 1 comment on the Insurance News Net story from Oct 30, 2008, titled Chubb Letter to Treasury Secretary Paulson Opposes Property &.... In it, Insurance News Net reports that:

Source: Wordcount: 610 WARREN, N.J. , /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The following is the text of a letter sent yesterday to Secretary of the Treasury Henry M. Paulson, Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Insurance News Net.

conoutofconsumer

Cary, NC

#1 Nov 3, 2008
Chubb is making the classic insurance company argument: Why should insurance companies be rewarded for bad behavior that cost them dollars by being able to get bailout dollars? I don't believe any insurance company should be bailed out because I don't think that consumers should be liable for covering our own risks by paying premiums and then covering insurance company risks through bad investments through our tax dollars. This double dipping is also reflected in physicians practicing defensive medicine so that consumers have to pay for additional and often unnecessary overkill in diagnosis testing while seeking lower insurance rates for themselves because they have taken these precautions...same double dipping. However, Chubb's real motivation is that Chubb is not getting a piece of the pie and so it's criticizing its fellow group members, other insurers. Can't have it both ways, riding the insurance bloc to the top through benefits ranging from legislation to overcharging and then divorcing yourself from that group in times of trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chubb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 12 Contrarian Ideas for Next Week's Earnings Re... (Apr '11) Feb '12 Katherine 2
News Insurer sues Illinois funeral directors to deny... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Michelle 1
News AIA Honolulu chapter elects board of directors ... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Sandy 1
News AIG, Chubb may face losses on directors and off... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Latha 1
News Citigroup exec named CFO of Chubb (Sep '08) Sep '08 Former Chubb Empl... 1
News Insurer Ironshore Launches Division In Simsbury... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Reality 3
News Stop & Shop Talks Crawl Forward (Mar '07) Mar '07 Orleans SS Shopper 1
More from around the web