Charter Communications - Horrible EMa...

Charter Communications - Horrible EMail Services, Cluess Programmers

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Sep 11

Dallas, TX

#1 Sep 9, 2011
At this point, I just have to express my opinion on Charter Communications and their sorry excuse for a webmail interface.

I pay for internet and email services, therefore both should be spot on and WORK perfectly. There is no in-between on this. Charter's problem is that they pay their programmers like McDonalds pays their fry station employee. You get what you pay for and that's a collection of idiots for programmers.

For years we've been forced to deal with Charter's BS webmail interface. I'm on the road working most of the time and since the idiots have blocked email access from any network other than Charter's, I'm forced to use their web interface.(i.e. I can't send email out if I'm using Outlook on an internet connection that is provided by any ISP other than Charter)

If any of you use their webmail, I'm sure you've seen what I'm talking about. It's NEVER loaded on the first try, and it's ALWAYS SOMETHING. Email doesn't send, interface doesn't load, error here, error there, oops this, oops that. GIVE ME A BREAK!

I'll be glad when Time Warner finally buys these morons out and does away with their BS service.

I call customer service for help and what do I get? "Did you unplug the router and modem for 10 seconds?" You have to be kidding me? I'm in a hotel in Los Angeles, so what does my router and modem at home have to do with your lame email interface? Nothing, because you are reading from a script, moron.

Enough is enough. All of my neighbors say the same thing, and I've had this problem with multiple computers, so it's THEM, not me.

I ordered myself a Clear 4G hotspot last week and I'm dropping Charter like a rock. I already did away with their shoddy cable TV service and went with Satellite becuase they keep cutting channels and for 8 months I had interference with all of my TVs causing a crappy picture. They blamed that on me and my TVs as well. Funny how switching to Satellite gives me a perfect picture. Bottom line is that Charter is a dying company and someone needs to buy them out and put them out of their misery.

Clear Hotspots are $50 a month and their service is great.

Even better. I CAN EMAIL LIKE A NORMAL PERSON! No more bouncing messages off of GMail and confusing my clients with multiple email addresses, no more having to log in to Charters LAME interface 7 times before my mail actually shows up.

<SIGH> SCREW YOU CHARTER. YOU HAVE BECOME A JOKE! How can you offer such a crappy email interface when you force people to use it if they are on the road? Idiots. ALL OF YOU.

Since: Sep 11

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 9, 2011
And just for the record, I've tried to open my email from the Charter website 5 times while typing the above. Still can't get in.

...We're sorry, there was an error on the server and we are unable to load your email. Please try again or standby. Hmmmm standby? Jesus, they can't even get STAND BY right. It's two words.

Charter idioits. ALL OF YOU.

Since: Apr 09

Saint Clair, MO

#3 Sep 9, 2011
corbryant wrote:
At this point, I just have to express my opinion on Charter Communications and their sorry excuse for a webmail interface.
I pay for internet and email services, therefore both should be spot on and WORK perfectly. There is no in-between on this. Charter's problem is that they pay their programmers like McDonalds pays their fry station employee. You get what you pay for and that's a collection of idiots for programmers.
For years we've been forced to deal with Charter's BS webmail interface. I'm on the road working most of the time and since the idiots have blocked email access from any network other than Charter's, I'm forced to use their web interface.(i.e. I can't send email out if I'm using Outlook on an internet connection that is provided by any ISP other than Charter)
If any of you use their webmail, I'm sure you've seen what I'm talking about. It's NEVER loaded on the first try, and it's ALWAYS SOMETHING. Email doesn't send, interface doesn't load, error here, error there, oops this, oops that. GIVE ME A BREAK!
I'll be glad when Time Warner finally buys these morons out and does away with their BS service.
I call customer service for help and what do I get? "Did you unplug the router and modem for 10 seconds?" You have to be kidding me? I'm in a hotel in Los Angeles, so what does my router and modem at home have to do with your lame email interface? Nothing, because you are reading from a script, moron.
Enough is enough. All of my neighbors say the same thing, and I've had this problem with multiple computers, so it's THEM, not me.
I ordered myself a Clear 4G hotspot last week and I'm dropping Charter like a rock. I already did away with their shoddy cable TV service and went with Satellite becuase they keep cutting channels and for 8 months I had interference with all of my TVs causing a crappy picture. They blamed that on me and my TVs as well. Funny how switching to Satellite gives me a perfect picture. Bottom line is that Charter is a dying company and someone needs to buy them out and put them out of their misery.
Clear Hotspots are $50 a month and their service is great.
Even better. I CAN EMAIL LIKE A NORMAL PERSON! No more bouncing messages off of GMail and confusing my clients with multiple email addresses, no more having to log in to Charters LAME interface 7 times before my mail actually shows up.
<SIGH> SCREW YOU CHARTER. YOU HAVE BECOME A JOKE! How can you offer such a crappy email interface when you force people to use it if they are on the road? Idiots. ALL OF YOU.
Hello Corbryant,

I am terribly sorry to read of the trouble you have experienced accessing your webmail on the go via www.charter.net . I can understand your frustration with customer service as well, since resetting your equipment would not have been relevant to your situation. The last thing we want is to lose a valuable customer over this, and I would love to opportunity to help. Please send an email to [email protected] with "CharterAbby - Topix - Corbryant" in the subject line so that I can keep an eye out for your email. Also, be sure to include the name, address, and/or phone number associated with the account. I just ran a few test emails from www.charter.net and the system appears to be running fine. If you are still getting errors please copy and paste them so I may investigate further.

For more info on Charter's Social Media Team please see our webpage: http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter .

Looking forward to resolving your concerns,

Abby Catron
Senior Social Media Specialist - Charter
j byrd

Roseburg, OR

#4 Sep 20, 2011
I have been having trouble with even getting charter email to come up and have been left with a white screen. I have to hit refresh and then am able to get the charter screen that says please stand by while charter loads email.For over an hour whats up???

Since: Apr 09

Saint Clair, MO

#5 Sep 22, 2011
j byrd wrote:
I have been having trouble with even getting charter email to come up and have been left with a white screen. I have to hit refresh and then am able to get the charter screen that says please stand by while charter loads email.For over an hour whats up???
Hello J Byrd,

I am very sorry to see you having trouble getting into your webmail. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the name, address, and phone number on the account, as well as, the best number to reach you. Also, please put "CharterAbby - Topix - J Byrd" in the subject line so that I can keep an eye out for the e-mail. I will be more than happy to help you out.

Here's a link to the Charter Social Media Team webpage for your reference: http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter .

Looking forward to resolving your concerns,

Abby Catron
Senior Social Media Specialist - Charter
[email protected]
http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter
lolcharter

Auburn Hills, MI

#6 Oct 19, 2011
aint that like a charter support tech to tell a guy whom cant get to his email to email him ... ROFL

Since: Apr 09

Saint Clair, MO

#7 Oct 19, 2011
lolcharter wrote:
aint that like a charter support tech to tell a guy whom cant get to his email to email him ... ROFL
Lol, I see the irony there. No worries, our webpage lists other ways we can be reached: http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter and there's also 24/7 support at 1-888-438-2427 or on e-chat at www.charter.com .

Thanks,

Abby Catron
Senior Social Media Specialist - Charter
[email protected]
http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter
CharterCustomerF orNow

Decatur, AL

#8 Nov 11, 2011
It is amazing to me how a company this big can have such utterly unprofessional web services.

Look at the posts above. Do any of them suggest a url that a charter email customer could use to access their email?

Try email.charter.com or email.charter.net . I get a basic text page that I have to scroll down through to find a hyperlink that says "email".

Even when you get logged in, the email reader looks like a college kids practice program. This is a multi million dollar company with shareholders that deserve more. Utterly flabbergasting in low quality is all I can say about Charters web experience.

Since: Apr 09

Saint Clair, MO

#9 Nov 15, 2011
CharterCustomerForNow wrote:
It is amazing to me how a company this big can have such utterly unprofessional web services.
Look at the posts above. Do any of them suggest a url that a charter email customer could use to access their email?
Try email.charter.com or email.charter.net . I get a basic text page that I have to scroll down through to find a hyperlink that says "email".
Even when you get logged in, the email reader looks like a college kids practice program. This is a multi million dollar company with shareholders that deserve more. Utterly flabbergasting in low quality is all I can say about Charters web experience.
Hello CharterCustomerForNow,

My name is Abby Catron, and I am a Senior Social Media Specialist for Charter. I am sorry to read that you are not pleased with our web services and will do anything I can to help. Please send an e-mail to [email protected] with the name, address, and phone number on the account, as well as the best number to reach you. Also, please put “CharterAbby – Topix - CharterCustomerForNow“ in the subject line so that I can keep an eye out for the e-mail. I would love to hear your suggestions and to make sure that they are submitted to the appropriate groups.

Looking forward to resolving your concerns,

Abby Catron
Senior Social Media Specialist – Charter
[email protected]
http://www.charter.com/Umatter2Charter
Larry Hughes

Guntersville, AL

#10 Jul 30, 2012
I thought I was the only one experiencing this problem. If you search for the issue in Charter, there are none. Most likely they are deleting the issue from being shown.

Charter can see my e-mail fine, but in the real world it is not accessible. Somebody at Charter, tell your Indians to open some freaking Ports!!!!
jimallman

Roscommon, MI

#11 Dec 21, 2012
ii have had the same experiencev with charter crap email. I cannot access my email at all.
After an hour with a so called tech at charter, i was told, they do not know what the
Problem is and to have the system serviced. Bull shit!,,,,

The system works fine except i cannot access your shitty email.
joni m

Oregon, WI

#12 Mar 14, 2013
i thought it was just us. 2 -6 tries to get e-mail to open and i can't see my grandsons picture because the ads are too large and the screen is too small. crap is too kind a word for charter e-mail. i want out.
Disgruntled email user

Dearborn, MI

#13 Mar 27, 2013
I thought it was only me that couldn't get into email. I've been trying to use charter from remote wifi sights. Most times I can't even get the home screen to come up, then when I get the home page up and click on email I most times have been getting a blank screen. When I do get the email up and am using it, most times it will freeze. Then I get out of the email and try to get back in and can't. I only get a blank screen, forever. Very frustrating. I'm also thinking of getting another web provider. Charter is not a very user friendly web provider when traveling.
Wally Lupa

Chicopee, MA

#14 May 5, 2013
can not log in more then one at a time to charter business exchange for weeks!!!!
i think it's time to find new place to host...
Tony

Laurens, SC

#15 Jun 12, 2013
I sell Uverse for a living. I have $300 for anyone that wants to sign up. $75 for anyone who refers a friend or family member. U200 with 12MB dedicated internet is $87 a month with over 290 digital channels with over 100 in HD.
mtjohnson

Fenton, MI

#16 Jun 15, 2013
It IS awful!! Utterly awful. We had Charter 2002-2009 and it was great. Now we are back and the e-mail is totally awful. I am going to stick with my outlook account.
Guest

Plano, TX

#17 Nov 29, 2013
An alternative which worked for me was Google Chrome. Has anyone given this a shot.
edlindaspy

Roscoe, IL

#18 Dec 7, 2014
j byrd wrote:
I have been having trouble with even getting charter email to come up and have been left with a white screen. I have to hit refresh and then am able to get the charter screen that says please stand by while charter loads email.For over an hour whats up???
I

I have had the same trouble only my screen is gray,,,and it tells me to wait ,,so I wait,,,and wait and wait,,,and when I have tried to get my email I have to go to google and sign in under my chairter name ,,,then it comes up,,,I don't like Charter,,,and the guy above says,,,you get what you pay for?
This service does not come cheap when you have the entire bundle,,,Have seriously considered going back to dish but hate the interruptions when bad weather or storms come along,,,but quite frankly it's like that with charter anymore,,,so I guess it's between the devil and the deep blue sea,,And I still have a little gray box in the left hand corner of my screen every time I open the emails,,,it's awful
wallawallaaacre

Walla Walla, WA

#19 Jan 5, 2015
The New charter email sucks...Cannot open any of my imported folders...Get some dumbass minimum wage, script reading teleagent whom has no Idea what hes talking about....We have escalated the problem they say..Its been a month and nothing...Fire all your phone answerers and put the money where it will do some good...Hire the right techs to make your system work...is that to much to ask...???????
Bobbiecat2

Southbury, CT

#20 Jan 23, 2015
I am a total computer dork and admire you people who can explain your problem! I can't. All I know is when I switched to the "new" charter, I lost my secondary email account and all of its contacts:-(. Luckily, because I have NOT synced my Ipad with my pc for years, I am able to received email from my secondary email account, but still have lost all of the contacts and the ability to reply to the emails. I have to copy and paste the emails into my primary account and THEN answer them. I WANT MY CONTACTS BACK. wah-haaaaa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charter Communications Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Getting Charter to install lines in Neighborhood (Jan '11) Jan 18 dpalme 214
Charter Please reply (Jun '16) Jan 13 Madeury 6
Good God.....Charter is unbelievably bad Jan 11 Fred Flintstone 1
Windows 10 email problems (Aug '15) Jan 9 Jibing 4
HELP : Programming new vizio sound bar with cha... Jan 3 JohnMc 2
Getting charter in my area Dec 29 Needfastinternet 1
charter landline Dec 29 almost fed up 1
More from around the web