Parents of child killed in post-crash fire sue Chrysler

There are 179 comments on the The Post-Searchlight story from Jul 9, 2012, titled Parents of child killed in post-crash fire sue Chrysler. In it, The Post-Searchlight reports that:

Bryan and Lindsay Walden of Bainbridge have filed suit against Chrysler in the Superior Court of Decatur County, holding the company responsible for the death of their 4-year-old son, Remington "Remi" Walden.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Searchlight.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
vcm

Alexander City, AL

#1 Jul 10, 2012
Just wondering why do they blame chrysler instead of the the man driving the car that got a DUI
Pogo

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Jul 10, 2012
From the article it appears they are blaming both.
read it

United States

#5 Jul 10, 2012
Please read the article before you ask questions here. 1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees have a problem with the gas tanks exploding on rear impact collisions and Chrysler will not recall them. Bryan is named in the lawsuit as well. Both Bryan and Chrysler are responsible.
vcm

United States

#6 Jul 10, 2012
read it wrote:
Please read the article before you ask questions here. 1993-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokees have a problem with the gas tanks exploding on rear impact collisions and Chrysler will not recall them. Bryan is named in the lawsuit as well. Both Bryan and Chrysler are responsible.
Thanks i did not see the link to the article
Straight_Shooter

Rochester, NY

#7 Jul 10, 2012
All they have to do is prove the parents knew about the potential problem and they didnt bother to get it fixed or trade the vehicle in for a different one.
Just like we all knew about rear ended Pintos in the early 80's could explode too.
need to know

Nappanee, IN

#8 Jul 10, 2012
read it wrote:
you know aint no way to hall 20 gallon of gas down the road if the gas was in front of the back axle could have busted there also could not be 100% safe anywhere== the one that hit the jeep caused the whole thing --- but he aint got no money
hush busybodies

Canada

#9 Jul 10, 2012
why don't you village idiots not worry about this anymore. This family has suffered an immeasurable loss (definition: incapable of being measured; limitless) and if proving and holding the car maker responsible for a faulty and defective product is what they choose to do, so be it. you clowns have no idea what effect this tragic event has had and will always have on their life. leave it alone and find yourselves another topic to throw your ignorant comments around on.
Tort

Bainbridge, GA

#10 Jul 11, 2012
Chrystler will settle. They don't want the publicity.
Rosco-p-Coaltrai n

United States

#11 Jul 11, 2012
I hate that they lost their little boy, I could not imagine how that would feel and what it would be like, but it seems to me that some high powered lawyer out of Columbus is out to make his or her firm some money and when it's over with the Waldens are going to wind up with very little and the lawyer is going to make a wad. I have a fairly new truck and if a vehicle hit me hard enough from the side it would catch fire also. I think they are just wanting to pass the blame on to someone else and think money will make them feel better. It was the drivers (Bryan) fault not chryslers.
enos

Sylacauga, AL

#13 Jul 11, 2012
Rosco-p-Coaltrain wrote:
I hate that they lost their little boy, I could not imagine how that would feel and what it would be like, but it seems to me that some high powered lawyer out of Columbus is out to make his or her firm some money and when it's over with the Waldens are going to wind up with very little and the lawyer is going to make a wad. I have a fairly new truck and if a vehicle hit me hard enough from the side it would catch fire also. I think they are just wanting to pass the blame on to someone else and think money will make them feel better. It was the drivers (Bryan) fault not chryslers.
That's right boss.
john

Enfield, IL

#17 Jul 11, 2012
I know the waldens and I like them and think they're good people, but I lost a little respect for them when they agreed to a lawsuit because I feel like the lawyers contacted them and it wasn't chryslers fault that the young lady bought their product or that Mr harrell hit the rearend of the jeep. It was Mr harrells fault and I guess they feel like money is the way to fill that empty void and it will run out one day.
Get Real

Albany, GA

#18 Jul 11, 2012
While I believe that this law suit was instigated by a law firm looking at dollar signs, it really should have remained private. The multi-media coverage is nothing more than a legal maneuver for profit. This matter should have been settled privately, without further pain and abuse to the parents. Lawyers are nothing more than leeches, that do not give a damn about anyone involved, it,s all about the money, and damn anyone's feelings that are suffering. Bottom line, KEEP IT PRIVATE!
James P

Leesburg, GA

#20 Jul 11, 2012
Why not sue the oil company for making explosive gasoline this would make more sense.

If this car was so dangerous, why would the parents allow Remi to ride in this EXTREMELY DANGEROUS vehicle. Why would the aunt be exposing Remi and herself or anyone else to such danger.

Don't kid yourself this is all about money, and who has the most. Shame on anyone involved in this money scheme.

I hope Chrysler stands its ground.
read it

Tallahassee, FL

#21 Jul 11, 2012
Since Chrysler hasn't recalled the vehicle and tried to bury the story, how could they (The Waldens and Emily) have known? It wasn't until a few weeks ago the Feds opened up a case against Chrysler for this very problem. You folks don't know what you are talking about, but that won't stop any of you from continuing on this site.
aholes

Valdosta, GA

#22 Jul 11, 2012
James P wrote:
Why not sue the oil company for making explosive gasoline this would make more sense.
If this car was so dangerous, why would the parents allow Remi to ride in this EXTREMELY DANGEROUS vehicle. Why would the aunt be exposing Remi and herself or anyone else to such danger.
Don't kid yourself this is all about money, and who has the most. Shame on anyone involved in this money scheme.
I hope Chrysler stands its ground.
Your a piece you know that. Read the article. This is the only way to get the information out there to show the public. All the other people settled out of court to keep there mouth shut. Which I think you should also you hillbilly pric. They didnt know about the dangers untill it happen. You dump aSSS
James P

Leesburg, GA

#23 Jul 11, 2012
aholes wrote:
<quoted text>
Your a piece you know that. Read the article. This is the only way to get the information out there to show the public. All the other people settled out of court to keep there mouth shut. Which I think you should also you hillbilly pric. They didnt know about the dangers untill it happen. You dump aSSS
You made my point talking about settling. Its all about money.

Why can't people like you carry on a conversation with out using foul and filthy language.

Sue the Harrell man. He caused the whole thing.
aholes

Valdosta, GA

#24 Jul 11, 2012
James P wrote:
<quoted text>
You made my point talking about settling. Its all about money.
Why can't people like you carry on a conversation with out using foul and filthy language.
Sue the Harrell man. He caused the whole thing.
They are retard. I have to talk filty to get the point across.
Obvisouly you didnt read the story. Look at chan. 27 story they say it all.
keep dreaming

Wellington, AL

#25 Jul 11, 2012
In the post search light article it says: Remiís only injury from the collision itself was a fractured bone in his leg. However, the Jeep Cherokee had a fuel tank located just inside the rear bumper of the car, which was unprotected from rear impact. The collision ruptured the fuel tank, causing a fire that engulfed the vehicle in flames. Witnesses were unable to rescue Remi, who died in the fire.

So I do believe both chrysler and harrel are respinsible. Yes any vehicle is capable of catching fire but there are WAY to many deaths that have been caused by rear impacts on jeeps 93-04. And can any of you "smart" people tell me just WHY THEY RELOCATED THEIR GAS TANKS IN NEWER MODELS????? I'm sure its because CHRYSLER new of the dangers!
keep dreaming

Wellington, AL

#26 Jul 11, 2012
Knew**** had to correct myself before the grammer police gets their panties in a wad.
James P

Leesburg, GA

#27 Jul 11, 2012
aholes wrote:
<quoted text>
They are retard. I have to talk filty to get the point across.
Obvisouly you didnt read the story. Look at chan. 27 story they say it all.
Whom ever you are you need to know the facts, because what i hear you saying is mr. Harrell had nothing bto do with the fire. That vehicle (according to your spin) just burst into flames because someone said it might be unsafe. Why not sue the government for not recall these vehiucles. By the way even a person as simple minded as you should know, if a vehicle rear ends another there might be a fire. If we are wanting justice put Harrell in jail, Thats where the blame should be placed. Opps, that want give family members and lawyers unjust money.

Why would anyone want blood money or what it can buy. Just thinking of this makes me sick.

I know channel 27 said so and so, you think for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Group Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2014 U.S. Auto Sales At the Halfway Mark: GM Ho... (Jul '14) Mar '15 CharleneBlake 5
News Hellcat-powered Challenger SRT gets big boost t... (May '14) Feb '15 PistolGripWilly 13
News 'Chrysler' name officially axed for Fca Us Dec '14 Tom Polcari 1
News Chrysler 300 goes back to good, ol' days (Nov '14) Nov '14 Tarreo 1
Wheel alignment (Aug '14) Aug '14 afunches 1
News Detroit 3 to shorten, eliminate summer break at... (Jul '14) Jul '14 mark 1
News Super Bowl 2014 Ads - Post Game Edition (Mar '14) Jun '14 Mrs bill Clinton 2
More from around the web