Lane Bryant parent cutting 200 jobs, ...

Lane Bryant parent cutting 200 jobs, closing 150 stores

There are 1 comment on the Bizjournals story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Lane Bryant parent cutting 200 jobs, closing 150 stores. In it, Bizjournals reports that:

The parent of Columbus' Lane Bryant apparel chain on Tuesday said it is eliminating 200 corporate and management jobs and closing 150 stores as part of a cost-cutting plan. via Bizjournals

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bizjournals.

Concerned Shopper

Cordova, TN

#1 Mar 23, 2008
It seems that Charming Shoppes is in financial despair. I'm sure the shooting incident a few months ago didn't help matters. They have closed three stores in my area in the last few months. The quality of their garments are questionable as they seem to fall apart from the first wash. My heart goes out to their wonderful store managers and associates as they are the nicest people ever. I've decided to take my hard-earned money elsewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charming Shoppes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Recession Leads to Plus-Size Fashion Emergency (Jun '09) Nov '11 Margaret 19
News US: Charming Shoppes widens Q4 loss, to close 2... (Apr '11) Apr '11 team member 1
News Charming Shoppes Anything But (Sep '08) Feb '09 Emilie 5
bankrupcy (Sep '08) Sep '08 Fashing bug customer 1
News Robert Rodriguez buys Circuit City Stores Inc.,... (Oct '07) Oct '07 ben dejo 1
This is to Dorrit j. Bern (Oct '06) Oct '06 Verna Brooks 2
More from around the web