Robert Rodriguez buys Circuit City St...

Robert Rodriguez buys Circuit City Stores Inc., Adds to Charming...

There are 1 comment on the GuruFocus.com story from Oct 11, 2007, titled Robert Rodriguez buys Circuit City Stores Inc., Adds to Charming.... In it, GuruFocus.com reports that:

Robert Rodriguez buys Circuit City Stores Inc., Adds to Charming Shoppes Inc., sells National Oilwell Varco Inc. via GuruFocus.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GuruFocus.com.

ben dejo

Chicago, IL

#1 Oct 14, 2007
I think the man is a fool. Circuit City is doomed, nothing short of a complete takeover can save the company. Staff is poor and and store appearance is abysmal, pricing is inaccurate at best. A turnaround would take more money than Circuit has left after thier disasterous decision to open stores and hemmorage money instead of fixing the stores they have it would seem that Circuit City is intent on going bust right around the end of 1st quarter next year. If anyone sees life in 4th quarter it is only a "suckers bounce" due to the season and prepaying thier inventory to show a higher profit. the fundamental business of Circuit city to execute retail is fatally flawed and not sustainable.

Then again by announcing his buy, that is his intention...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charming Shoppes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Recession Leads to Plus-Size Fashion Emergency (Jun '09) Nov '11 Margaret 19
News US: Charming Shoppes widens Q4 loss, to close 2... (Apr '11) Apr '11 team member 1
News Charming Shoppes Anything But (Sep '08) Feb '09 Emilie 5
bankrupcy (Sep '08) Sep '08 Fashing bug customer 1
News Lane Bryant parent cutting 200 jobs, closing 15... (Mar '08) Mar '08 Concerned Shopper 1
This is to Dorrit j. Bern (Oct '06) Oct '06 Verna Brooks 2
More from around the web