Chesapeake Hits 500K Haynesville Acre...

Chesapeake Hits 500K Haynesville Acres, Going For More

There are 3 comments on the Oil and Gas Investor story from Jun 6, 2008, titled Chesapeake Hits 500K Haynesville Acres, Going For More. In it, Oil and Gas Investor reports that:

Chesapeake Energy Corp. , Oklahoma City, has acquired or has commitments to acquire its stated goal of 500,000 net acres in the Haynesville shale discovery in northwestern Louisiana and East Texas, according to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oil and Gas Investor.

Tripoli, Libya

#1 Jun 7, 2008
I have one question. In the recent past and still today, large blocks of land in DeSoto Caddo Red Red parishes have been leased for the tight Cotton Valley gas play. What does this do to the Haynesville shale play. This acreage was all leased for a much lower price. These comapanies like Winchester and other stand to be transformed over night due to their land positions in the area. I know for a fact that Winchester nad KCS have huge areas leased in Red River parish close to Freirson. They have drilled several hundred wells for the Cotton Valley gas. There are other companies that also have huge land positions in the area. What does this do to Chesapeake. Are they buying the existing lease from these companies or is this area on the edge of the play?
brown man

Dry Prong, LA

#2 Aug 5, 2008
I can'nt understand why is so hard for me to get the gas company to return my calls. sincerely brownman. all my neihbors have no problem.
janice evans

United States

#3 Aug 14, 2008
I would like to know when are the letters going to be mail out,or Is ther e gonna be any mail out we in sunset acre need to know about this,please respond.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesapeake Energy Buyout (Feb '16) Mar 8 Jeremiah deem tulsa 3
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Nov '17 Ang 21
News Criminal complaint details brutal slaying of Ne... (Aug '16) Aug '16 fmer505-1951 15
News Environmental groups sue three Oklahoma energy ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Billie Bob Einstein 2
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Aug '15 Lora hill 81
News Hearing set for June in $119 million Chesapeake... (Jul '15) Jul '15 nila 2
revenue checks (Apr '15) Apr '15 Susan Stone Reese 1