Chinese Buy 600K Acres Of Texas Oil Field

Full story: WFMZ 20
China's state-owned offshore oil and gas company has bought a one-third interest in 600,000 acres that Chesapeake Energy leases in a South Texas oil and gas field. Full Story
zman

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Oct 11, 2010
Oh great! We all better learn how to speak Chinese. Our great Country is not going to be taken over by bombs, we will just be bought!
status quo

Douglassville, PA

#2 Oct 11, 2010
I agree zman. You have to wonder how much of America is America still. I may not speak Chinese but the middle finger still universal.
Pennzoil

Allentown, PA

#3 Oct 11, 2010
Leave it to Texas to begin selling out.
Obamas fault

Austin, TX

#4 Oct 11, 2010
This is the fault of that traitor we have in office. Pretty soon China will own all of the U.S. Clinton started this crap and now Obama is continuing it. The Chinese will buy all of the American oil fields out and then raise the prices so that we will be completely dependent on them. The chinese need more oil in China so the product will be diverted there, leaving us even more dependent on the Arabs.
getbent

Allentown, PA

#5 Oct 11, 2010
Obamas fault wrote:
This is the fault of that traitor we have in office. Pretty soon China will own all of the U.S. Clinton started this crap and now Obama is continuing it. The Chinese will buy all of the American oil fields out and then raise the prices so that we will be completely dependent on them. The chinese need more oil in China so the product will be diverted there, leaving us even more dependent on the Arabs.
I guess it's Obama's fault that you're stupid and ignorant, too. Fku off.
Shaitan

San Antonio, TX

#6 Oct 11, 2010
It is your religion that makes you ignorant
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#7 Oct 12, 2010
getbent wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess it's Obama's fault that you're stupid and ignorant, too. Fku off.
This is Obamas fault for the most part look it up for yourself.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#8 Oct 12, 2010
Just an FYI china tried this before (5 yrs ago) but Bush would not allow it.
The Chesapeake-CNOOC deal is the first since the Obama administration launched the U.S.-China Shale Gas Resource Initiative last November aimed at accelerating the development of unconventional natural gas resources in China using American technology and knowledge.
devils advocate

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Oct 13, 2010
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
Just an FYI china tried this before (5 yrs ago) but Bush would not allow it.
The Chesapeake-CNOOC deal is the first since the Obama administration launched the U.S.-China Shale Gas Resource Initiative last November aimed at accelerating the development of unconventional natural gas resources in China using American technology and knowledge.
Sounds like we need a change of administration in Washington.
OK you voters, you all know what you need to do....vote the suckers out
uncle dudly

AOL

#10 Oct 13, 2010
devils advocate wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like we need a change of administration in Washington.
OK you voters, you all know what you need to do....vote the suckers out
It's not the same deal. This time the Chinks is getting screwed,LOL. Yes I know that to be so. Bush was a push over most of the time, and set us up for the economic problems Pres. Obama has been working to oorrect. Sorry, but you have things backward.
Mith

Terre Haute, IN

#11 Oct 13, 2010
Funny...Republicans cry about government regulation of Corporate entities. And then cry when a corporate entity in this case ISN'T regulated by the government. You can't have it both ways.

You blame the President instead of the corporation who sold out? These are the upper-class that are supposed to take care of us...you know, trickle-down economics.
Joylib

Port Orchard, WA

#12 Feb 10, 2011
How is the Chinese buying stoke in an oil field President Obama's fault. Texass has a Republican governor, you moron. And most oil men are republicans because Republicans are all about protecting the rich and not ordinary Americans.
Mocha Motive

Sunnyside, NY

#13 Feb 10, 2011
Excuse me Joylib
They only know how to fit square pegs in round holes
They learned it on Ben Glecks show
so cut them some slack
its' not nice to make fun of the short bus riders
Jeanna

Zephyrhills, FL

#14 Jun 12, 2011
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Obamas fault for the most part look it up for yourself.
Obamas fault? How about its the fault of all the Americans that voted for him. He will sell this country out. This is a lesson to them all. Dont vote for him again or this is just the tip of the iceburg. When your this far in debt and someone else owns you someone else is calling the shots. We cant tell them NO on anything.
plume drecker

Bayonne, NJ

#15 Jun 12, 2011
THANKS o'bama. THIS JOKE can not even RUN A FRIED CHICKEN, WATER MELON AND GAPE SODA TAKE OUT STAND. so the commies CAN START DRILLING IN AMERICA and the joke and the epa DO THE BEST THEY CAN TO prevent AMERICAN OIL COMPANYS FROM DOING THE SAME JOB
Ying

Bethlehem, PA

#16 Jun 13, 2011
China OWNS this Country. This country will soon be called China II because we owe hundred of billions to China for money we borrow to help keep this so powerful country above water as regards to the economy and funding the wars overseas.
hopeful

Little Rock, AR

#18 Jan 28, 2013
Truth is the United States of America is in trouble! But we still cant find find common ground between us citizens...Republicans want u to argue with Democrats n vise versa...we outnumber these jerks in washington n we still cant come together for the good of the country, for the future of our kids! "Divide n Conquer" they have us fighting eachother over sex, race, social class, or religion. things that shouldnt matter, but yet they bring it up everytime they talk.... im in trouble!, your in trouble! We're all in deep shit if we dont help eachother...
hopsing

United States

#19 Jan 28, 2013
All you American be owned by us Chinese soon!
jimmy boy

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jan 29, 2013
I from China and you dumb American are owned by us. Now you going to do what we say! We OWN you stupid people. Your own greed has placed you in your situation! Now we sit back and wait for you to fall so we can move in and take over! Better be prepared to be our slaves!
Lick it

San Antonio, TX

#21 Feb 2, 2013
I love Asian poontang.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chesapeake. Williston Basin (Jan '14) Jul '14 Delores kahl 16
Wal-Mart and Exxon have this in common: Big che... Jun '14 Robert Burns 1
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Mar '14 Monte Glenn 79
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Mar '14 Mark Long 19
Eddie Vedder Slams Sacramento At Recent Concert (Nov '13) Nov '13 Frankie G 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Nomac Dri... (Jun '13) Jun '13 gone 4
Benefit concert held for Okla. city as donation... (May '13) May '13 Nice 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••