Kasich hopes for gas bonanza from Marcellus Shale | The Columbus Dispatch

Gov.-elect John Kasich says the natural gas formation known as the Marcellus Shale could give a needed economic boost to the state. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
There Goes My Peace

United States

#226 Jan 16, 2011
Biggie BC wrote:
<quoted text>
And I very much appreciate your thoughtful reply.
You're so very much welcome. I just fell into this thread because there are wells drilling right here where I live and since I notated to apprise me of new posts, fell back in. I don't usually engage in threads, anywhere. I'm busy making my life and my job, and don't usually take time to do this kind of thing. What I have to believe is that, although the lunatics seem to be taking over the asylum, that cooler heads will prevail. Although evidence of that is scarce lately. What ninny that referenced "big box store" was apparently referring to the shootings in AZ. I'd be might proud to be someone who, with a touch of anonymous cheeto-stained fingers, by posting that, felt powerful and menacing. Oh shucks, I told myself I wouldn't stoop to that. Too late, heee. What I have seen from this Dispatch website is that these same people, no matter what the topic, never offer constructive input, the just mis-type hatred and the lowest common denomator of understanding. I wonder. Do they have jobs? Do they have a life? They're not interested in a solution. They want to get in a verbal piss fight with somebody, anybody who can't kick their butts. Does anyone love them? Sorry, but I digress. Be good and be well and be happy... even all you other folks.. calm the hell down.
Theres a fly in my soup

United States

#227 Jan 16, 2011
There Goes My Peace wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so very much welcome. I just fell into this thread because there are wells drilling right here where I live and since I notated to apprise me of new posts, fell back in. I don't usually engage in threads, anywhere. I'm busy making my life and my job, and don't usually take time to do this kind of thing. What I have to believe is that, although the lunatics seem to be taking over the asylum, that cooler heads will prevail. Although evidence of that is scarce lately. What ninny that referenced "big box store" was apparently referring to the shootings in AZ. I'd be might proud to be someone who, with a touch of anonymous cheeto-stained fingers, by posting that, felt powerful and menacing. Oh shucks, I told myself I wouldn't stoop to that. Too late, heee. What I have seen from this Dispatch website is that these same people, no matter what the topic, never offer constructive input, the just mis-type hatred and the lowest common denomator of understanding. I wonder. Do they have jobs? Do they have a life? They're not interested in a solution. They want to get in a verbal **** fight with somebody, anybody who can't kick their butts. Does anyone love them? Sorry, but I digress. Be good and be well and be happy... even all you other folks.. calm the hell down.
You are the most negative whiney aye hole on this site.
There Goes My Peace

United States

#228 Jan 17, 2011
Aw, shucks, FLY. That's high praise! Thanks.:)

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#229 Jan 17, 2011
Aw, shucks, FLY. That's high praise! Thanks.:)
Good answer! lol
There Goes My Peace

Barnesville, OH

#230 Jan 18, 2011
Thanks, Biggie. I figured I'd keep the answer short, so as not to waste too much time acknowledging his literate comment or giving him spelling lesson. Besides, I figured his Mom was about to call him up from his room in the basement to feed him his supper. Aw, that's mean of me. I take it back. [grin]
There Goes My Peace

Barnesville, OH

#231 Jan 18, 2011
FLY, I apologize for my previous post. It was mean-spirited and that's just the kind of noise that I detest. I'm sorry I did that. I have no idea what your life is like.

Was thinking about it on my four mile daily hike today (calms the mind). I have been glad to have had the opportunity to speak online to total strangers willing to have a well considered dialogue. That fact I find tremendously reassuring when our so-called "culture" seems to have become so loud, aggressive and therefore counterproductive. Now. You can have the last word if you'd like. Again, I apologize.
Real

Youngstown, OH

#232 Jan 18, 2011
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to get new ACORN street walkers are you. Or push dope like your one brain cell.
Sound's like you are asking for a job? Is it just for you or all your other personalities on the topix.
the truth

Newark, OH

#233 Jan 19, 2011
Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Sound's like you are asking for a job? Is it just for you or all your other personalities on the topix.
No you need a job and go itno rehab like your loasr in Az that made the death threats on the right.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#234 Jan 19, 2011
FLY, I apologize for my previous post. It was mean-spirited and that's just the kind of noise that I detest. I'm sorry I did that. I have no idea what your life is like.
Was thinking about it on my four mile daily hike today (calms the mind). I have been glad to have had the opportunity to speak online to total strangers willing to have a well considered dialogue. That fact I find tremendously reassuring when our so-called "culture" seems to have become so loud, aggressive and therefore counterproductive. Now. You can have the last word if you'd like. Again, I apologize.
Certainly no need to apologize to fly. You're too polite for this forum. We're not used to that.:)
There Goes My Peace

Barnesville, OH

#235 Jan 19, 2011
Biggie BC wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly no need to apologize to fly. You're too polite for this forum. We're not used to that.:)
I tell ya, I'm not polite because I'm weak, as has been suggested. I could take a punch when I was six years old (and I'm female). Drove tractor trailer cross country for couple years in the 80s with my first husband, and then traveled around in my 67 pickup truck and worked any menial job that would pay the bills. Sewed blue jeans, sorted green tomatoes, tended bar, made radio commercials, waited tables. Thankfully, in later years, I found print production and graphic design and 'ran' with it. Found a trade you could go into without formal training and my ability to reason and spell got me more than a cuppa joe. Am now prosperous [many would say extremely] and debt-free, but still frugal.I don't wear my money and don't drive it. I save it, but if I want something, I can buy it without a second thought. I don't mind giving a hand up for anyone, but not the hand outs, either for corporate welfare or for lazy layabout individuals. I've little patience with people who have been given so much who resent help for others not so lucky at birth. I know a couple of people who, by the way they talk, EARNED their cushy start in life, given big chunks of prime farmland here in the boonies, producing oil wells and a college education.

There are two roads to take, anonymous on these noisy threads or not... a high road and a low road. The high road is tougher but worth the effort when the person in the mirror each morning can look you right back in the eye with a smile. Thanks Bigster.- Homegrown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chesapeake Energy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Royalty checks ? (Apr '09) Oct '14 nila 20
Chesapeake. Williston Basin (Jan '14) Jul '14 Delores kahl 16
Wal-Mart and Exxon have this in common: Big che... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Robert Burns 1
Chesapeake Energy Royalty Payments (Jun '09) Mar '14 Monte Glenn 79
Eddie Vedder Slams Sacramento At Recent Concert (Nov '13) Nov '13 Frankie G 1
Carrollton Free Press Standard News | Nomac Dri... (Jun '13) Jun '13 gone 4
Benefit concert held for Okla. city as donation... (May '13) May '13 Nice 4
More from around the web